So Murray leaves then what...

Del

I was just having a wee think there and i am not a Murray fan or a Murray hater but all those Murray haters can maybe tell me here...

If Murray had to leave tomorrow what would happen?

What benefit would a new owner bring to the club?

Im just playing a bit of devils advocate here becuase i dont understand what chucking Murray out right now is going to do for the club that will make it so much better?

I understand the situation we are in with the Cuellar fiasco and the moonbeams but seriously what will a new owner bring to the club?

depends who they got to replace him.

we might get someone who wants to make money, in which case top earners might be sold and less cash would be available for transfers

we could get someone who wants to own a team that plays exciting football, in which case smith would be shown the door and a new manager brought in, and hopefully given some cash to rejuvenate the team.

its impossible to speculate, it would all depend on who replaced him.

we might get someone who wants to make money, in which case top earners might be sold and less cash would be available for transfers

we could get someone who wants to own a team that plays exciting football, in which case smith would be shown the door and a new manager brought in, and hopefully given some cash to rejuvenate the team.

Hopefully given some cash...Smith has spent a fortune!

A lot of this boils down to the state of our team IMO and the one responsible for that is SMith!

So far it looks like all Murray is guilty of is backing his manager?

A lot of this boils down to the state of our team IMO and the one responsible for that is SMith!

yeah i'm pretty much with you on that one.

i'm not the most knowledgable about it tho, reading some of the other murray threads there are people here who sem to feel murray is incompetent and not running the club properly.

I dont really see how you get to be a millionaire without being competent though, so i have my doubts about that.

i'm not the most knowledgable about it tho, reading some of the other murray threads there are people here who sem to feel murray is incompetent and not running the club properly.

I dont really see how you get to be a millionaire without being competent though, so i have my doubts about that.

I dont know the ins and outs of it but i want to have an actual discussion about it!

See the actual reasons for people feeling like this and not just because "hes a cunt GTF"...will wait and see though...

Murray was incompetent but that was during the Advocaat years and how many fans complained back then? How many asked the questions of where this money was coming from?

Now he's doing the right thing and running the club as a business that has to stand on it's own two feet.

We need to take the Ajax route. Develop great players, get a few good years out of them and sell them on for pure profit. Use the profit to get in players where we're short. No one is coming in and pumping their own cash on the squad.

Abramovich has Chelsea in massive debt, if he's the one funding all these transfers and mega wages why has he not cleared this debt personally?

Murray was incompetent but that was during the Advocaat years and how many fans complained back then? How many asked the questions of where this money was coming from?

Now he's doing the right thing and running the club as a business that has to stand on it's own two feet.

We need to take the Ajax route. Develop great players, get a few good years out of them and sell them on for pure profit. Use the profit to get in players where we're short. No one is coming in and pumping their own cash on the squad.

Abramovich has Chelsea in massive debt, if he's the one funding all these transfers and mega wages why has he not cleared this debt personally?

Was he incompetent in the DA years, though, or did he just take a gamble and it didn't pay off?

I'd much rather have an owner willing to take his chances now and again that one who was too scared to take any risks.

the Ajax route is ideal, yes, but you need to have players with talent in the 1st place and its questionable as to whether Scotland produces those players as Holland does - 1 look at the national teams tells you that much. On the other hand we do have Fleck & co coming through, so maybe thats something we've started doing already.

Think we are forgetting that Murray has put quite a bit into this team . We may not be happy with what has been brought in . Murray is providing the money, thats it . Walter and co are the ones spending it on cack

Cousin - £1m

Darcheville -

Whittaker - £2m

Thomson - £2m

Beasley - £1m

Velicka - £1m

Bougherra - £3m

Cuellar - £2.5m

Lafferty - £3m

Naismith - £2m

Miller - £2m

McCulloch - £2.25m

Broadfoot -

Dailly -

Weir -

Webster -

Gow -

^ Additional Wages.

+ 10 Million set to be spent . Rough Total = £32Million !! . Will anyone else provide that much to spend ?

Its amazing when you add it all up like that!

We were £30m in the black when Advocaat arrived, it would seem he took a gamble and it didnt pay off...

I dont think he was incompetent!

If Murray delivers the treble all this be forgot bout

Murray cant deliver the treble?

Would you rather he went down the route of Mad Vlad and picked the team himself...

Murray IMO has backed Smith very well so far in his second reign and Smith is solely responsible for what happens on the pitch not Murray!!

Well for starters we would have a chairman who is interested in the club. Hopefully Bain would fuck off as well. We would stop this penny-pinching over signings. i'm not expecting us to go around spending 6 or 7 million quid on a player but this last day transfer dealings are beyond a joke.

We would also have a chairman who could floow celtics lead (can't believe Im sayin this) and increase our global profile i.e. trips to America, Canade etc and explore these untapped revenues.

Was he incompetent in the DA years, though, or did he just take a gamble and it didn't pay off?

I'd much rather have an owner willing to take his chances now and again that one who was too scared to take any risks.

the Ajax route is ideal, yes, but you need to have players with talent in the 1st place and its questionable as to whether Scotland produces those players as Holland does - 1 look at the national teams tells you that much. On the other hand we do have Fleck & co coming through, so maybe thats something we've started doing already.

I think there's was too much risk taking during the Advocaat years, the banks calling time on the gig shows this. I think just about anything you do in football has a risk attached. Giving Smith £20+ million to spend is risky and not just because there could be more McCullochs out there!

Our youth system does seem to have perked up a bit recently and the next stage is to get a few into the team over the piece to continue their education.

Would you rather he went down the route of Mad Vlad and picked the team himself...

Murray IMO has backed Smith very well so far in his second reign and Smith is solely responsible for what happens on the pitch not Murray!!

Everyone seems to think this club is run like Hearts. Its upto Smith and the Coaching Staff to deliver the treble . Murray can deliver a Budget for Smith . And has done . Stop this Murray GTF Nonsense and lets get behind the team and hope for a couple of good signings.

Saying if Murray delivers these signings who WS wants then we should be looking good for a treble challenge! If Not then we stick with McCulloch ect and win fuck all i guess (td) Up2 Murray dip in his pocket again and sign Loovens n that he does that and we did win the title or treble then i reckon all this be forgot bout

Well for starters we would have a chairman who is interested in the club. Hopefully Bain would fuck off as well. We would stop this penny-pinching over signings. i'm not expecting us to go around spending 6 or 7 million quid on a player but this last day transfer dealings are beyond a joke.

We would also have a chairman who could floow celtics lead (can't believe Im sayin this) and increase our global profile i.e. trips to America, Canade etc and explore these untapped revenues.

Good post mate! (tu)

I agree with you on the marketing side but we have tried that to an extent...the whole thing in Japan and Australia were attempts at making Rangers a more global band that failed for one reason or another! America is definately the way forward...

The JJB deal is a bit of a cunt IMO, just say for talking sake we did sign a player from Milan a big player...shirt sales would go mental but we wouldnt see a penny of it as JJb have already paid us the money!

On spending money though im not too sure about that...Smith has spent nearly £20m and we have got some of it back but its still a lot of money to dish out!

I think Murrays heart is still in Rangers, i just dont agree with these Stadium announcements that are never going to happen!

He seems to take 1 step forward then 2 back...

'Murray out!' may well be essentially pointless per se but pressure should still be applied to try and ensure the issues we have with the running of the club are addressed. There was little evidence of this in what was a very bland 6 minute interview.

Obviously there are different methods of protest (direct and indirect) and this is where leadership, organisation and innovation are imperative to firstly address any perceived problems and then facilitate an exit strategy for Murray.

Unfortunately, I see little evidence of this as it stands.

What will be interesting is not the alleged protest 'organised' for 2pm tomorrow but the reaction of the crowd if we're beaten. Reactive and not proactive isn't just restricted to the RFC board... ;)

Saying if Murray delivers these signings who WS wants then we should be looking good for a treble challenge! If Not then we stick with McCulloch ect and win fuck all i guess (td) Up2 Murray dip in his pocket again and sign Loovens n that he does that and we did win the title or treble then i reckon all this be forgot bout

So far hes spent 20m....plus anything extra we spend,

thats an awful lot of money!

Its down to Smith if we win the title or not, you say if we stick with McCulloch we wont win anything....who signed him?? Smith and Murray paid £2m+ for him...

Murray has realised himself that he needs to sell the club...forcing him to leave now isnt the answer IMO.

Its down to Smith if we win the title or not, you say if we stick with McCulloch we wont win anything....who signed him?? Smith and Murray paid £2m+ for him...

Murray has realised himself that he needs to sell the club...forcing him to leave now isnt the answer IMO.

Get shot of Walter Smith then and keep Murray till he finds good buyer??

Get shot of Walter Smith then and keep Murray till he finds good buyer??

That Makes More sense than Murray Leaving !

'Murray out!' may well be essentially pointless per se but pressure should still be applied to try and ensure the issues we have with the running of the club are addressed. There was little evidence of this in what was a very bland 6 minute interview.

Obviously there are different methods of protest (direct and indirect) and this is where leadership, organisation and innovation are imperative to firstly address any perceived problems and then facilitate an exit strategy for Murray.

Unfortunately, I see little evidence of this as it stands.

What will be interesting is not the alleged protest 'organised' for 2pm tomorrow but the reaction of the crowd if we're beaten. Reactive and not proactive isn't just restricted to the RFC board... ;)

Good post Frankie...

I take it you are anti Murray?

I think the interview highlighted he still has a love for the club and that was one thing a lot of people were questioning...you could tell he was angry and upset but i dont think he doesnt care!

The club does need reorganized from top to bottom but forcing Murray out isnt the right action, applying some pressure could be proactive but full blown protests demanding Murray to leave isnt the way to go IMO...