Barry Ferguson

papaguy51

I don't know whether he is finished or not, but on Saturday, Thomson when paired with a quality player looked twice the player and never has he looked as good (imo), his movement was very good and something I don't see when Ferguson is in the midfield. Our midfield is a little pedestrian when Ferguson plays.

That's a very good point, although it could put down to the 'new faces' factor. Always lifts a team (tu)

Theres every chance because we have brought quality in we might see the same from Fergie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether he is finished or not, but on Saturday, Thomson when paired with a quality player looked twice the player and never has he looked as good (imo), his movement was very good and something I don't see when Ferguson is in the midfield. Our midfield is a little pedestrian when Ferguson plays.

That's a very good point, although it could put down to the 'new faces' factor. Always lifts a team (tu)

Theres every chance because we have brought quality in we might see the same from Fergie

There's no physical doubt hanging over Thommo though.

I don't doubt Barry's ability, but is he able to play 40 games a season?

Can his recovered ankle take another hard tackle?

How about that dislocated knee cap?

So many questions hanging over him now IMO, he's got a lot to prove when he recovers.

We have brought in quality midfieders, giving competition for places! Which can only be a good thing that im sure barry will thrive on, it showed against kaunas just how much the other players depended on him.

Is it not possible that these quality players are coming in so that the likes of hemdani,mcculloch and adam can be sold! and that barry can actually have quality players around him!

I have no doubt that barry will be fit again and will be the man lifting the treble in may :bouncy: :bouncy:

Also think he will have a key role to play in winning it :rangers:

The next thing you know this topic is now going to be popping up on the radio.

Barry has not shown that he is done. He will be back when healthy and right into the team so you all can judge him then. He played through pain to try and give us a shot at the UEFA Cup and other hardware... yet after he valiantly did that there is now talk about him being finished?

Time to wait until he is back to prove himself instead of jumping to conclusions in my opinion.

There is no doubt our midfield has missed him, but Thomson and Mendes put in a performance that has surpassed any performance from him and A.N. Other in recent memory.

Can he play at that tempo for a full game?

One thing should be certain, he can't just walk straight back into the team without being and proving he is 100% fit.

The next thing you know this topic is now going to be popping up on the radio.

Barry has not shown that he is done. He will be back when healthy and right into the team so you all can judge him then. He played through pain to try and give us a shot at the UEFA Cup and other hardware... yet after he valiantly did that there is now talk about him being finished?

Time to wait until he is back to prove himself instead of jumping to conclusions in my opinion.

- probably will.

- I agree, I still think Barry has the ability and what not, but when he comes back, how long before another injury? the more he gets injured, the more prone to injury he'll become, he will always have problems.

Ferguson shouldnt be walking straight back into the team either, he has to prove that hes worthy of a start on his performances and in training, not because of his status or position with the club.

I said it in another thread.

He's either:

A) finished

B) Getting pushed back into a more DMF role when he returns.

We're paying three million for Mendes and Davis and another four for Bresciano (IF he comes). That's ten million on three players who can easily fill that CMF role. Three players who are just as good or even better than Barry.

We'll wait and see i suppose.

When Advocaat was boss I remember him giving an interview where he said Baz had a pelvic problem which was inherent and he'd have to do special exercises to strengthen the area for the rest of his career. Basically it was something that would not heal nor could be operated on to put right.

He wasn't more specific at the time. However, anything like this causes a person to have a different gait than they normally would and it puts added pressure on other parts of the body. Like JCD when he lost the inserts for his boots, he kept getting niggling muscle and tendon injuries. Perhaps it's this that's been causing Baz all these other problems and Rangers realise that the situation needs attention now.

I think that there is no rhyme or reason to our purchases other than panic buys to offset criticism; we have overcompensated in strikers and now, if all the signings pan out, we will be overstocked in midfield. Still need quality cover in central defence and do not have one decent right back with first team experience.

I think that there is no rhyme or reason to our purchases other than panic buys to offset criticism; we have overcompensated in strikers and now, if all the signings pan out, we will be ovestocked in midfield. Still need quality cover in central defence and do not have one decent right back with first team experience.

I agree.

The management owe it to him ( and he owes it to himself ) to give him the best chance to a full recovery by playing him only when he is fully fit . There's no point whatsoever in playing him too early . There is a concern lying with who can be captain if he does not recover . Weir will be going eventually and the new guys need time . Thomson isn't ready I feel for the captaincy either .

not a hope in hell that ferguson will play the same role he did last year. Fair play to the guy that he did it, but he's never been blessed with pace - when has anyone called him a box to box midfielder. He's much better dictating the play, i would expect him, when he is fit, to go back to the sitting midfielder role.

Has anyone considered that rangers might go with a proper 4-3-3 this season, the purchases make it look possible with mendez, ferguson and thompson in the middle, davis, lafferty/dmb, boyd/millar/velicka up front? if know what im getting at. I think it could possibly suit them better than a 442. Personally im 442 man!

Barry will be back this time we can at least get his cast off before we start playing again. Thats probably why he has had all these injury problems being rushed back in to pull us out of the shite. There will be always a place in that team for him!! KAUNAS would never had happened if he had been there!!! Legend!!!!

Barry is not finished it was not that long ago we were all praying he gets back asap, barry is the captain and after this op if he comes back the barry we all know he eill be the main leader in there him and mendes will run the midfield.

instead of wondering who will replace whom just start thinking how a combo of some of these midfielders will make a fantastic midfield and cause allot of problems for all defences out there I want barry back and hope he is finally sorted

this team would be fearful

Mcgregor

Whitty----magic----CB/edu----sash

mendes/brec---fergie---thommo/mendes---aaron

------------boyd----miller-------------

beasley coming on early second half would be great also I think we finally have a great problem here where we can have 2 midfields all of them capable of coming in and doing a job.

except the usuals, come on lads looked forward to barry hopefully coming back fully recovered and making more competition in the part of the field we have struggled for the last 5 years.

:rangers:

Barry is not finished it was not that long ago we were all praying he gets back asap, barry is the captain and after this op if he comes back the barry we all know he eill be the main leader in there him and mendes will run the midfield.

instead of wondering who will replace whom just start thinking how a combo of some of these midfielders will make a fantastic midfield and cause allot of problems for all defences out there I want barry back and hope he is finally sorted

this team would be fearful

Mcgregor

Whitty----magic----CB/edu----sash

mendes/brec---fergie---thommo/mendes---aaron

------------boyd----miller-------------

beasley coming on early second half would be great also I think we finally have a great problem here where we can have 2 midfields all of them capable of coming in and doing a job.

except the usuals, come on lads looked forward to barry hopefully coming back fully recovered and making more competition in the part of the field we have struggled for the last 5 years.

:rangers:

Agree...A fully fit fully recovered Bazza will give us the depth of quality that is needed to win in Europe and the SPL. Barry haters fuck off!!

I do hope 'Barry's' injury doesn't turn bad and fester leaving him writhing in agony until his leg drops off. That would be terrible. He needs to get back fit for a well deserved testimonial for his unbroken ardent loyalty to the club.

I do hope 'Barry's' injury doesn't turn bad and fester leaving him writhing in agony until his leg drops off. That would be terrible. He needs to get back fit for a well deserved testimonial for his unbroken ardent loyalty to the club.

:lol:

And you called my criticism of Papac's early displays 'spite filled' and undeserved doh

If you have a mirror, my friend, you will want to have a long hard look in it.

And you called my criticism of Papac's early displays 'spite filled' and undeserved doh

Any criticism of Ferguson I make is because of his actions and not because he was signed by someone I once worshiped but now hate. I have never hid my dislike of what Ferguson did and I thought he should never have played for Rangers again, but I have always strived to not let it affect my assessment of his performances (which is a different matter). Of course you are free to produce evidence of me misjudging him undeservedly as I did with you and Papac.

BTW...I wouldn't have mentioned your 'campaign' against Papac if it had been just about his 'early displays'. Although you did wildly exaggerate (as you so often do), I always agreed he had a shaky start. You continued your attacks on him long after he settled and started performing consistently.

Any criticism of Ferguson I make is because of his actions and not because he was signed by someone I once worshiped but now hate. I have never hid my dislike of what Ferguson did and I thought he should never have played for Rangers again, but I have always strived to not let it affect my assessment of his performances (which is a different matter). Of course you are free to produce evidence of me misjudging him undeservedly as I did with you and Papac.

BTW...I wouldn't have mentioned your 'campaign' against Papac if it had been just about his 'early displays'. Although you did wildly exaggerate (as you so often do), I always agreed he had a shaky start. You continued your attacks on him long after he settled and started performing consistently.

Are you for real?

Criticism is one thing but wishing disability on the guy is another.

I've only one question to ask of you - are you a tim or a sheep shagger because you certainly can't be a bear if you harbour the thoughts you do