Kris Boyd - 72 Goals for RFC !

superally29

What about his strike from 40 odd yards....brutal

Instead of bringing it down, having a look around, travelling with the ball, looking for a pass and then move, he decided to just bleesh it as he doesn't have the ability.

That shot sums him up.

I thought it was pretty close, a couple yards to the right the keeper was nowhere to be seen...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bothered to dig too deep, But I reckon that's how many goals Boyd has hit since signing - Does that make him as crap a striker as the majority on here appear to think ? Who reckons Cousin, Darcheville, Miller, even Novo or any other player we've got or had in squad could have done this ? He's not a brilliant player, we all know that, but to win- you need to score & he can do that better than most !!

The man has a point.

Online fans, guys who also go to matches!

You dont go any more do you?

and ok, il change that to online fans under 25, better mate?

Sorry like, but, the guys i went to games with in the 80s didnt act like they do on here, and thats a fact! wasnt aimed at you in particular, since, I have a good idea of your nature, and, how you talk (type). ok!

edited for spelling die to red wine!

Instead of bringing it down, having a look around, travelling with the ball, looking for a pass and then move, he decided to just bleesh it as he doesn't have the ability.

That shot sums him up.

I thought it was pretty close, a couple yards to the right the keeper was nowhere to be seen...

aye, but its adventurous, and, didnt involve running, so, ultimately, was shite mate

he is a poor excuse for a footballer

he cant score unless its handed to him on a plate, he dosent work for the ball, no pace, hoggs the ball, thinks hes better than what he is, drinks to much, snorts to much cocaine, far to fat, unfit, doesnt train hard, doesnt play hard

in a better choice of words SHITE PLAYER

you forgot to mention he falls over alot and get's all mean and moody when he scores

That shot sums him up.

He was nowhere near scoring with the 40 yard effort, I think you're talking about his turn and shot which just went wide of the post.

He quite simply will never be good enough in my eyes, half of those goals have been penalties and the rest against pub SPL teams and in cup competitions, dont let your heart tell you otherwise!!!

He quite simply will never be good enough in my eyes, half of those goals have been penalties and the rest against pub SPL teams and in cup competitions, dont let your heart tell you otherwise!!!

You talk against him like he is one of the scum strikers

No I talk against him cause I go to every game home and away and see week on week his obvious shortcomings!!!

No I talk against him cause I go to every game home and away and see week on week his obvious shortcomings!!!

Where would we be without his goals in the past couple of seasons, we would be like Hearts or something

Where would we be without his goals in the past couple of seasons, we would be like Hearts or something

Boyd scores just as many as he misses. If he wasnt on pens and say Darcheville was then right now we would all be crawing for JCD to get a regular start. Dont be fooled by his goal stats, look at his overall contribution to the team in general and tell me he is still good enough to play for Rangers!!!

Boyd scores just as many as he misses. If he wasnt on pens and say Darcheville was then right now we would all be crawing for JCD to get a regular start. Dont be fooled by his goal stats, look at his overall contribution to the team in general and tell me he is still good enough to play for Rangers!!!

The chairman refused to give Eck more money for a better striker so dont blame Boyd

The chairman refused to give Eck more money for a better striker so dont blame Boyd

What has eck got to do with it? He has been gone 2 years? For the money we paid for Boyd we have had a great return no doubts but that does not mean we should persist with him. He is not the answer and never will be!!!

What has eck got to do with it? He has been gone 2 years? For the money we paid for Boyd we have had a great return no doubts but that does not mean we should persist with him. He is not the answer and never will be!!!

Ok you think the past manager has nothing to do with it you should start questioning the present one then

A striker who scores frequently is good enough in my book.

I don't know how we are able to fend off the attentions of Real Madrid and Barcelona with stats like that

Cant get a regular game for Rangers or Scotland and no "good" club are interested in him.

That is the ultimate argument the pro Boyd camp will never get their head around. If he really was this great striker we'd be fending off teams with a big stick. I think Cardiff were interested.

Such an interesting line that one. The are other players far more worthy of stick in our current squad, but, as someone mentioned above, they run about a lot, generally doing nothing, but, thats waht yu want from a modern day striker isnt it? Lots of running, no goals.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you , Kenny Miller! The ultimate Rangers striker, runs all day, doesnt score! whoopdeefuckingdoo am delighted!

Strikers we have, ok?

Miller - see above, care to disagree anyone?

Novo - Kinda like Miller, but, didnt play for them, better scoring rate, and pops up with very important goals, also, very low wages so good to have around

JCD - see Novo, only without the goals as a rule

Cousin - very skillful player, can shoot, but, so lazyhe makes Boyd look like Novo, oh wait, thats his "style"! :rolleyes: If commited, would be great!

Lafferty - looks good, composed, perhaps should be played WITH Boyd (not on wing) and see where we go?

Velicka - kinda like Boyd, but, maybe more movement and less goals?

Boyd is a finisher, the problem I see is, he is a big lad, so, everyone thinks he should be the Hatelry of the partnership, where, i dont think thats the case. I dont think he should try to add anything to his game because, nobody will give him credit when he does anyway. If Cousin would get hisfinger (or head) out his arse and play for US, then, he and Boyd could be deadly, if he doesnt, Boyd/Lafferty could be good too

He has faults, but, again, he gets too much, over the top unwarranted criticism

None of the players mentioned above have their own internet lynch mob, that defend them staunchly regardless of performance (tu)

Boyd = (tu)

There was a point where Mccoist was in the same boat? He almost got taken out of rangers back in his first few years, fans didnt get on well with him.

He won them over in the end..

Yes yes another Mccoist/Boyd comparison but i beleived boyd will be the new profilic goal striker, given his chance this season.

If we sell him we'll be fools and regret it (td) bringing in Kenny Miller wasn't a good idea, i'll not boo him or anything, and want him score, but when we have other capable strikers.. its just stupid.

How many other strikers do we have that have scored 72 goals in their time at rangers (3 years is it?) MOST of the strikers we sign barely scrape 20-30 goals in that time..nevermind anything else..

Boyd in the past 3 seasons has scored more goals than Miller, Velicka and Lafferty put together..... FACT

Boyd goals has saved our ar.se on more times than I can remember, winning us two cup finals .....FACT

on the other hand ....

Boyd is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen.... FACT

The question we have to ask ourselves is simple, are Boyds goals important enough to make up for his poor performances throughout the season. Yes players like Miller, Cousin, Novo and Lafferty will consistantly perform better throughout the season, but will they be able to score 25+ a season..... I think NOT !!

Boyd in the past 3 seasons has scored more goals than Miller, Velicka and Lafferty put together..... FACT

Boyd goals has saved our ar.se on more times than I can remember, winning us two cup finals .....FACT

on the other hand ....

Boyd is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen.... FACT

The question we have to ask ourselves is simple, are Boyds goals important enough to make up for his poor performances throughout the season. Yes players like Miller, Cousin, Novo and Lafferty will consistantly perform better throughout the season, but will they be able to score 25+ a season..... I think NOT !!

They will be calling Boyd a cheating bastard next

Miller hasn't started more games up front than Boyd!

Why is it that Boyd is always left out of the big games?

He's simply not good enough. If he plays next Sunday then McAnus and Loovens/Caldwell will have a stroll in the park.

The sooner Boyd moves on, the better.

How is losing 20+ goals a season a good thing?

Football is a team game and Rangers ae a better team with Boyd not in it.

Man Utd got rid of Van Nistlerooy and have now won the league the last 2 seasons and the champions league

Liverpool sold Owen and won the champions league soon after.

Having a 20+ goal man a season isnt the be all and end all, having a good teamwith a striker who can link play, win headers, pass the ball and run is more useful in modern day football

Ok you think the past manager has nothing to do with it you should start questioning the present one then

Well its not Boyd himself that decides he is playing so quite clearly I am questioning the manager!!!

I don't know how we are able to fend off the attentions of Real Madrid and Barcelona with stats like that

Cant get a regular game for Rangers or Scotland and no "good" club are interested in him.

That is the ultimate argument the pro Boyd camp will never get their head around. If he really was this great striker we'd be fending off teams with a big stick. I think Cardiff were interested.

Such an interesting line that one. The are other players far more worthy of stick in our current squad, but, as someone mentioned above, they run about a lot, generally doing nothing, but, thats waht yu want from a modern day striker isnt it? Lots of running, no goals.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you , Kenny Miller! The ultimate Rangers striker, runs all day, doesnt score! whoopdeefuckingdoo am delighted!

Strikers we have, ok?

Miller - see above, care to disagree anyone?

Novo - Kinda like Miller, but, didnt play for them, better scoring rate, and pops up with very important goals, also, very low wages so good to have around

JCD - see Novo, only without the goals as a rule

Cousin - very skillful player, can shoot, but, so lazyhe makes Boyd look like Novo, oh wait, thats his "style"! :rolleyes: If commited, would be great!

Lafferty - looks good, composed, perhaps should be played WITH Boyd (not on wing) and see where we go?

Velicka - kinda like Boyd, but, maybe more movement and less goals?

Boyd is a finisher, the problem I see is, he is a big lad, so, everyone thinks he should be the Hatelry of the partnership, where, i dont think thats the case. I dont think he should try to add anything to his game because, nobody will give him credit when he does anyway. If Cousin would get hisfinger (or head) out his arse and play for US, then, he and Boyd could be deadly, if he doesnt, Boyd/Lafferty could be good too

He has faults, but, again, he gets too much, over the top unwarranted criticism

None of the players mentioned above have their own internet lynch mob, that defend them staunchly regardless of performance (tu)

My question is, why do they need defending? That implies that there is a need for it. Most of the players above are not the subject of abuse constantly, therefore they dont need it. If you read all the posts on the topic, those doing hte attacking are far far worse than those who like him in regards to the type of things they say. Those who like/rate him also acknowledge his shortcomings, whereas you have to say, those who do not, do not acknowledge his positive attributes, and, belittle the things he has achieved, or helped the team achieve