Whittaker

gersmad11

He would be a decent player if he could tackle, pass, header a ball, stop ball watching, stay on the right side of his man, concentrate, position himself properly....

I cannot believe we wasted £2m on him. He is awful and always will be.

Very harsh, mate.

He's actually decent in the air and he isnt a bad tackler.

His main asset for me is his fitness. The energy he showed to get back and block Mutu's effort in the UEFA Cup semi final was just phenomenal.

Whittaker's ability as an attacking threat has never been in doubt, however his main weakness has always been his defending.

I think he struggled so much last year because we set up with the sole intenton of defending more than we were planning to attack and as he struggled to cope with being constantly asked to be on the backfoot, as opposed to the front foot, his confidence ended up being shattered and his performances just dipped even furthur as a result.

Perhaps he will have learned from last year and become a better player as a result, but until we see him play a sustained run of games at right back it remains unfair to judge him.

With ball players like Mendes, Davis, Lafferty & Bougherra in our side now I think this is his make or break year for us.

He would be a decent player if he could tackle, pass, header a ball, stop ball watching, stay on the right side of his man, concentrate, position himself properly....

I cannot believe we wasted £2m on him. He is awful and always will be.

Nail on the head,that is why the Hibs fans and management cannot stop laughing when they hear his name.

Sorry but whittakers fuckin dire. you know 5 minutes in if he's goin to have a decent game or not. if he has 1 bad pass you can see the confidence draining out of him. don't think he's got it at this level