Steven Whittaker (M)

Kris Boyd (F)

Nacho Novo (F)

Steven Naismith (F)

Kenny Miller (F)

Kyle Lafferty (F)

Andrius Velicka (F)

John Fleck (F)

Surely someone has a duty at Ibrox to tell Smith to stop chasing Bresciano right now. Other than Stevie Smith, whom i fear we wont see back to his best truth be told, we dont have a 100% full back in our "first team squad" and to be honest the centre half position is a necessity as Weir has to go(bit harsh....should only be used as back up)

Does anyone else get the feeling our management team dont plan very well. In fact, plan at all.

Squad positional cover - too many forwards, no full backs and OAP centre half's

Team Selection - McCulloch/Adam/Misser

Player positioning once selected - all of the above and where he ends up playing them just to give them a game

Free kicks for us - Utter dreadful

Defending corners - 11 men in the box meaning everytime we clear the ball, we end up defending it for a 2nd time

Allan McGregor (G)

Graeme Smith (G)

Neil Alexander (G)

David Weir (D)

Sasa Papac (D)

Kirk Broadfoot (D)

Christian Dailly (D)

Madjid Bougherra (D)

Steven Smith (D)

Pedro Mendes (M)

Aaron (M)

Maurice Edu (M)

Steven Davis (M)

Barry Ferguson (M)

Kevin Thomson (M)

DaMarcus Beasley (M)

Steven Whittaker (M)

Kris Boyd (F)

Nacho Novo (F)

Steven Naismith (F)

Kenny Miller (F)

Kyle Lafferty (F)

Andrius Velicka (F)

John Fleck (F)

Surely someone has a duty at Ibrox to tell Smith to stop chasing Bresciano right now. Other than Stevie Smith, whom i fear we wont see back to his best truth be told, we dont have a 100% full back in our "first team squad" and to be honest the centre half position is a necessity as Weir has to go.

Does anyone else get the feeling our management team dont plan very well. In fact, plan at all.

Player positioning once selected - all of the above and where he ends up playing them just to give them a game

Defending corners - 11 men in the box meaning everytime we clear the ball, we end up defending it for a 2nd time

Spot on (tu) .

Listening to some people, you'd think Walter wasn't actually responsible for small things like team building, selecting a line-up, coaching, ball skills or playing guys in the right position. Every defeat is fault of certain players and the fans who criticise our 'blameless' manager.

The full back situation is another debacle waiting to blow up in the manager's face, unless he gets the finger out. Whittaker is low on confidence and is never played in his best position. Without the professionalism and versatility of Papac (tu) we would be shafted because the only option is Steven Smith, injury prone and seriously lacking match fitness.

BTW, 'someone' does have that duty to tell Smith when to draw the line. His name is David Murray but I don't think he seems to keen to exercise his responsibilites at the moment?

Allan McGregor (G)

Graeme Smith (G)

Neil Alexander (G)

David Weir (D)

Sasa Papac (D)

Kirk Broadfoot (D)

Christian Dailly (D)

Madjid Bougherra (D)

Steven Smith (D)

Pedro Mendes (M)

Aaron (M)

Maurice Edu (M)

Steven Davis (M)

Barry Ferguson (M)

Kevin Thomson (M)

DaMarcus Beasley (M)

Steven Whittaker (M)

Kris Boyd (F)

Nacho Novo (F)

Steven Naismith (F)

Kenny Miller (F)

Kyle Lafferty (F)

Andrius Velicka (F)

John Fleck (F)

Surely someone has a duty at Ibrox to tell Smith to stop chasing Bresciano right now. Other than Stevie Smith, whom i fear we wont see back to his best truth be told, we dont have a 100% full back in our "first team squad" and to be honest the centre half position is a necessity as Weir has to go.

Spot on (tu) .

Listening to some people, you'd think Walter wasn't actually responsible for small things like team building, selecting a line-up, coaching, ball skills or playing guys in the right position. Every defeat is fault of certain players and the fans who criticise our 'blameless' manager.

The full back situation is another debacle waiting to blow up in the manager's face, unless he gets the finger out. Whittaker is low on confidence and is never played in his best position. Without the professionalism and versatility of Papac (tu) we would be shafted because the only option is Steven Smith, injury prone and seriously lacking match fitness.

BTW, 'someone' does have that duty to tell Smith when to draw the line. His name is David Murray but I don't think he seems to keen to exercise his responsibilites at the moment?

Since when is David Murray qualified to tell a Manager of over 20years top flight experience when he has bought too many of a certain position. For a start it is Martin Bain that controls the money and runs the business side of things at Rangers, Walter Smith runs the Football side of it.

By looking at the squad there aswell Smith sees Naismith as more of a winger, and also plays Novo as a winger more often than not. John Fleck hasn't gotten a sniff of 1st team football so far apart from making up numbers on the bench, yes he will play some part this season but more than likely will be token appearances when the team is cruising to victory.

I would also say that Whittaker is more likely to play in defence, just seems that Broadfoot is favoured there at the minute.

Allan McGregor (G)

Graeme Smith (G)

Neil Alexander (G)

David Weir (D)

Sasa Papac (D)

Kirk Broadfoot (D)

Christian Dailly (D)

Madjid Bougherra (D)

Steven Smith (D)

Pedro Mendes (M)

Aaron (M)

Maurice Edu (M)

Steven Davis (M)

Barry Ferguson (M)

Kevin Thomson (M)

DaMarcus Beasley (M)

Steven Whittaker (M)

Kris Boyd (F)

Nacho Novo (F)

Steven Naismith (F)

Kenny Miller (F)

Kyle Lafferty (F)

Andrius Velicka (F)

John Fleck (F)

Spot on (tu) .

Since when is David Murray qualified to tell a Manager of over 20years top flight experience when he has bought too many of a certain position. For a start it is Martin Bain that controls the money and runs the business side of things at Rangers, Walter Smith runs the Football side of it.

By looking at the squad there aswell Smith sees Naismith as more of a winger, and also plays Novo as a winger more often than not. John Fleck hasn't gotten a sniff of 1st team football so far apart from making up numbers on the bench, yes he will play some part this season but more than likely will be token appearances when the team is cruising to victory.

I would also say that Whittaker is more likely to play in defence, just seems that Broadfoot is favoured there at the minute.

he is qualified because he is the boss and walter is an old fashioned, out of touch prick. in any business the owner has a say, when are people going to realise that football is no different?

it's about quality not quantity, and bresciano is a quality player that I would be delighted to sign. Competition for places is no bad thing and we can then get rid of the deadwood like mcculloch, adam and burke.

Quality teams have quality in reserve and keep them happy, we aren't ever going to go overboard with wages on one player so I'd be quite content to add bresciano to the team. IMO we need to improve in defence but our defence is fairly solid and we are still lacking a creative edge and bresciano could help to overcome that particular problem

Allan McGregor (G)

Graeme Smith (G)

Neil Alexander (G)

David Weir (D)

Sasa Papac (D)

Kirk Broadfoot (D)

Christian Dailly (D)

Madjid Bougherra (D)

Steven Smith (D)

Pedro Mendes (M)

Aaron (M)

Maurice Edu (M)

Steven Davis (M)

Barry Ferguson (M)

Kevin Thomson (M)

DaMarcus Beasley (M)

Steven Whittaker (M)

Kris Boyd (F)

Nacho Novo (F)

Steven Naismith (F)

Kenny Miller (F)

Kyle Lafferty (F)

Andrius Velicka (F)

John Fleck (F)

Spot on (tu) .

he is qualified because he is the boss and walter is an old fashioned, out of touch prick. in any business the owner has a say, when are people going to realise that football is no different?

Lets put it this way, the owner of the company I work for would not tell me how to do my job, as he is not qualified to. A good boss knows what his strengths is, and Murray's is not putting a Football team on the pitch.

But from your reply I can see I won't make you see this, as you seem to be one of these people that seem determined to force Walter Smith out of the club a matter of months after he took us to a UEFA cup final, and whats his crime actually adding depth to the squad, granted the reinforcements came too late but this is NOT Walter Smith's fault, if blame must be laid at someone within the club for that it should be Martin Bain, afterall it is he who signs the players that Walter identifies.

Finally, the transfer window is not shut and I would not be at all surprised to see several people leaving and one or two coming in.

Lets put it this way, the owner of the company I work for would not tell me how to do my job, as he is not qualified to. A good boss knows what his strengths is, and Murray's is not putting a Football team on the pitch.

But from your reply I can see I won't make you see this, as you seem to be one of these people that seem determined to force Walter Smith out of the club a matter of months after he took us to a UEFA cup final, and whats his crime actually adding depth to the squad, granted the reinforcements came too late but this is NOT Walter Smith's fault, if blame must be laid at someone within the club for that it should be Martin Bain, afterall it is he who signs the players that Walter identifies.

Finally, the transfer window is not shut and I would not be at all surprised to see several people leaving and one or two coming in.

Im not sure if you realise youve just back-flipped here.

Martin Bain was NOT the one who spent £6 million of 3 strikers when everyone could see we needed to strengthen elsewhere.

Bain was NOT the one who bought McCulloch for over £2 million.

Bain was NOT the one who played with 5 defenders, 1 midfielder and 4 strikers in matches

He also didnt pick Misser to play on the left on Saturday or leave Boyd on the park when he had done nothing.

Bain didnt cost us 10 in a row using similar tactics either

Bain doesnt decide to put 11 men in the box when we play Gretna or Inverness Caley Thistle

You say a GOOD BOSS knows his strengths.......so how you can put Smith in that category with the dross he has put us through is beyond me :rolleyes:

We go from one extreme to the other, and when we do, it's too late. It's like there is no plan in place and when a bad result happens and we start to show our discontent, they act/panic.

I think we need a CB, RB and RM/W in that order. We could also do with a LB as Smith is still injured but I suppose our manager is happy with Whittaker and Broadfoot if Papac picks up an injury.

Between now and next summer we should get rid of the shite/past it/useless players/out of contract....Broadfoot, Graeme Smith, Hemdani, Weir, Webster, Dailly, Cousin, McCulloch, Adam, Darcheville....

We go from one extreme to the other, and when we do, it's too late. It's like there is no plan in place and when a bad result happens and we start to show our discontent, they act/panic.

I think we need a CB, RB and RM/W in that order. We could also do with a LB as Smith is still injured but I suppose our manager is happy with Whittaker and Broadfoot if Papac picks up an injury.

Between now and next summer we should get rid of the shite/past it/useless players/out of contract....Broadfoot, Graeme Smith, Hemdani, Weir, Webster, Dailly, Cousin, McCulloch, Adam, Darcheville....

(tu)

Im not sure if you realise youve just back-flipped here.

Martin Bain was NOT the one who spent £6 million of 3 strikers when everyone could see we needed to strengthen elsewhere.

Bain was NOT the one who bought McCulloch for over £2 million.

Bain was NOT the one who played with 5 defenders, 1 midfielder and 4 strikers in matches

He also didnt pick Misser to play on the left on Saturday or leave Boyd on the park when he had done nothing.

Bain didnt cost us 10 in a row using similar tactics either

Bain doesnt decide to put 11 men in the box when we play Gretna or Inverness Caley Thistle

You say a GOOD BOSS knows his strengths.......so how you can put Smith in that category with the dross he has put us through is beyond me :rolleyes:

Most of that is a matter of opinion.

IMO we DID need those strikers, as JCD has major injury problems, Cousin has one hell of an attitude problem, as I said above Smith sees Naismith as a winger, so that leaves the squad from last season with Boyd and Novo, is that strong enough to you? It sure as hell aint to me.

McCulloch has been decent for us, he was never going to be a terrific signing, and I didn't totally agree with his signing.

The third point I have no idea which matches you are on about here and I can't remember this happening so I can't comment on.

You are one of those that boo Kenny Miller yes? On saturday who would you have played on the left? Lafferty and McCulloch was injured, and Beasley is just back from an injury. Maybe this is why we are allegedly still being linked to Bresciano?

This one again complete matter of opinion, IMO he relied on the players that got him 9 in a row, which ultimately proved a season to far for some.

This also I can't recall specifically, and this may well have been a case of the teams limitations last season, as we haven't played ICT this season and we s

e aint going to play Gretna I can't pass comment on that either.

I put Walter in the category of a good boss as last season and every other one I can recall him in he has played his team to their strengths, that didn't do too badly last season, especially seeing as though that was meant to be a rebuilding season, with the sole aim to mount a challenge for the league title the club exceeded those aims and are now paying for it.

Most of that is a matter of opinion.

IMO we DID need those strikers, as JCD has major injury problems, Cousin has one hell of an attitude problem, as I said above Smith sees Naismith as a winger, so that leaves the squad from last season with Boyd and Novo, is that strong enough to you? It sure as hell aint to me.

We needed to strengthen up front but other areas needed it greater. One in each area(defense/middle/front) would have been a wiser gamble prior to Euro deadline

McCulloch has been decent for us, he was never going to be a terrific signing, and I didn't totally agree with his signing.
:mutley:

The third point I have no idea which matches you are on about here and I can't remember this happening so I can't comment on.
Loads of matches but start at Falkirk.

You are one of those that boo Kenny Miller yes? On saturday who would you have played on the left? Lafferty and McCulloch was injured, and Beasley is just back from an injury. Maybe this is why we are allegedly still being linked to Bresciano?
Nope. I would never boo a Gers player. Misser is on borrowed time. The last thing the poor guy needs is Smith playing him out of position for goodness sake. As for that position, if we needed somebody to play it better than Miller, i would suggest Fleck who done well pre season, Aaron who after good reviews against Killie reserves could have given us 60 minutes with Beasley taking over on 30. Or how about Novo playing wide with Misser up front.... Take your pick (tu)

This one again complete matter of opinion, IMO he relied on the players that got him 9 in a row, which ultimately proved a season to far for some.
Exactly. This is why he also lost the SPL last year when he had squad players like Gow, Furman and Fleck who could have offered us something different instead of sticking to same usual turgid rigid piss (tu)

This also I can't recall specifically, and this may well have been a case of the teams limitations last season, as we haven't played ICT this season and we s

e aint going to play Gretna I can't pass comment on that either.

We have done it at every corner since he came back. Just watch. 11 men in the box, big Carlos clears it and we end up defending it again because we dont have anyone outside the box to put pressure on the other team or God Forbid, start an attack. PS - we lost a number of goals due to this "tactic" last season.

I put Walter in the category of a good boss as last season and every other one I can recall him in he has played his team to their strengths, that didn't do too badly last season, especially seeing as though that was meant to be a rebuilding season, with the sole aim to mount a challenge for the league title the club exceeded those aims and are now paying for it.
His good work was wasted by his blind spots. The same blind spots we have seen time and time again. Its clear to me he cant change (tu) I hope beyond all hope he proves me wrong (tu)