Would you give up the SFA, SPL etc for Team GB and the Premiership?

OlegKuznetsov

Would you concede all Scottish Football Identity for GB and Premiership  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you concede all Scottish Football Identity for GB and Premiership?

• Yes, I'd give it all up.
    • No, I want to keep things exactly as they are without team GB.
    • No. I still want the Scottish National side.
    • No, we must stay in the Scottish League.
    • I don't care.
    • I prefer a Euro/Atlantic league.

I'd give up everything. For Rangers to be earning £40m a season for just being in the Premiership, plus TV and other stuff. Increase in merchandise, and a lot of money for Old Firm matches. Would benefit everyone except Scotland. We could sign players like Arshavin instead of Tottenham. The only bad thing would be the flights down to Portsmouth to watch them and the fact you'd only get two Old Firm matches but that would make it sweeter.

I'd give it all up for a crack at the Premiership. To be honest, I enjoy the Scotland games but Rangers will always take precedence.

Also, a significant portion of the Scotland support get on my tits. I don't see why we couldn't be as passionate about a GB football side as a Scotland one. We're British after all, despite the protestations of the mhanks and a large section of the tartan army :pipe:

Not a chance...

Scotland were the first team I supported... Rangers soon followed. A Scottish team in a Scottish league.

It was good enough then - it's good enough now. The Champions League is the place to be in club fitba' and we have it in our hands to be in there every season. We just mucked it up this season. We'll be back. I would rather play FC Barca than Hull City and Wigan.

As for Scotland; The occasions when the Scots participated in World Cups were the most emotional and passionate moments in my football experience (It's been a while granted!).

40-odd % of people here should go and support Stoke City and England if they want to watch English players and English teams.

British team??? Bah, humbug tae that!!! :harhar:

I think it's a bit unreasonable to ask folk to give up their national team, but i have always believed that Rangers would have a realistic chance of actually winning the EPL and/or CL if we got the money they get.

At the moment we are a big fish in a small pond and will remain that with the Status Quo. We have the fundamentals to be one of the biggest teams in Europe (support) but that won't happen with the current financial restraints we face (no outside investment i.e. television). We would have to decide what is the most important to us, Rangers or the national side that play 6-8 games a year. For me it's a no brainer, show us the way to the premiership.

I would rather play FC Barca than Hull City and Wigan.

I'd rather play Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal guaranteed every season than play Falkirk and Inverness, and still have the chance to play Barca.