***The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

Muff

thank fuck.

Boyds the hero once again.

Yes he is.

I am sick of this shit that is believed that he is only good against crap teams. If Killie are a crap team, fine. But, we are playing in the SPL and by that mindset every team other than the scum must be crap...so what is the problem.

Some tend to dismiss all other teams other than the OF as garbage, But I feel that's unjustified. I don't think Killie can be dismissed as a crap team, from what I saw today. This was by no means easy or a guaranteed win. Granted, Combe played oot his skin, but still this was not a given.

I personally don't think so either. I am just making the case that if Boyd is useless against all but crap teams, then the SPL is just a crap league because he seems to do quite well in it.

Aye, point understood and well taken. Lots of fans tend to dismiss the SPL as crap, as do many players outside it - until they actually play in it.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank fuck.

Boyds the hero once again.

Yes he is.

I am sick of this shit that is believed that he is only good against crap teams. If Killie are a crap team, fine. But, we are playing in the SPL and by that mindset every team other than the scum must be crap...so what is the problem.

Some tend to dismiss all other teams other than the OF as garbage, But I feel that's unjustified. I don't think Killie can be dismissed as a crap team, from what I saw today. This was by no means easy or a guaranteed win. Granted, Combe played oot his skin, but still this was not a given.

I personally don't think so either. I am just making the case that if Boyd is useless against all but crap teams, then the SPL is just a crap league because he seems to do quite well in it.

Aye, point understood and well taken. Lots of fans tend to dismiss the SPL as crap, as do many players outside it - until they actually play in it.

International perception I suppose.

TMWWBK - I think you've got the blinkers on a bit. I mean, to blame Boyd's "incompetence" for us not going in level/ahead at the break is baffling.

Yes he was beaten in the air a lot but he's never a target man. He notably held the ball up well at least once in the 1st half, winning a freekick on the edge of the box after some nice play.

Combe then made an unbelievable save from him after a great touch from Boydy.

His 2nd goal was terrific and really dug us out of a hole. I don't think Boyd is the greatest player in the world but he deserves some credit today and his ability as a goalscorer is the best in our squad.

I've not got the blinkers on at all when it comes to Boyd.

I said after the Scottish Cup final that he should start the season as our number one striker. He did, and for me, he didn't take his chance.

Today i thought he was really poor and to be honest, i dont recall him holding the ball up well at all. I do recall him being continually robbed by Ford and Wright, though. Credit where credits due, it was a fantastic turn for his second.

For the moment, i'm not prepared to let two goals (one of which was a penalty) radically change my current opinion on the player. I still think Novo or Lafferty would offer us far more over the course of 90 minutes.

Why are penalties frowned upon so much? I have read this all the time about "it was only a penalty". I don't subscribe to that being any easier than Miller knocking in Borat's blunder...

Cant we all just get along and do the bouncy :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Wreckedroy, I like how you debate... nice to see solid thought.

I guess at the end of the day I believed that the service he was getting in the first half was pretty piss poor. He won a good free kick and the keeper for killie made a great save...I would have left him on.

As for the comment of often rescuing himself...when is it going to be that he is a goalscorer and not a rescuer? I mean...for real?

He did win a good free kick today, but he also missed a sitter and made no effort to reach a driven cross from Davis that would have been within the scope of other, more committed strikers. Just from a personal point of view, I think his apparent disliking for "putting his body on the line" will always count against him with me, but I don't dispute the fact that he is a great goalscorer on his day. (tu)

Another thing that doesn't help in getting the less-than-convinced Bears like myself off his back is his celebrations after both goals today. Other strikers do double somersaults or backflips, Boydy does the stiffest, laziest forward roll I've seen since Fat Tam in primary school! :craphead:

Cant we all just get along and do the bouncy :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I am unsure.

I guess at the end of the day I believed that the service he was getting in the first half was pretty piss poor. He won a good free kick and the keeper for killie made a great save...I would have left him on.

As for the comment of often rescuing himself...when is it going to be that he is a goalscorer and not a rescuer? I mean...for real?

He did win a good free kick today, but he also missed a sitter and made no effort to reach a driven cross from Davis that would have been within the scope of other, more committed strikers. Just from a personal point of view, I think his apparent disliking for "putting his body on the line" will always count against him with me, but I don't dispute the fact that he is a great goalscorer on his day. (tu)

Another thing that doesn't help in getting the less-than-convinced Bears like myself off his back is his celebrations after both goals today. Other strikers do double somersaults or backflips, Boydy does the stiffest, laziest forward roll I've seen since Fat Tam in primary school! :craphead:

Didn't the sitter get well saved by Combe? There is a difference.

I liked the forward roll LOL. Thought it looks rather Navy Seals like :P

TMWWBK - I think you've got the blinkers on a bit. I mean, to blame Boyd's "incompetence" for us not going in level/ahead at the break is baffling.

Yes he was beaten in the air a lot but he's never a target man. He notably held the ball up well at least once in the 1st half, winning a freekick on the edge of the box after some nice play.

His 2nd goal was terrific and really dug us out of a hole. I don't think Boyd is the greatest player in the world but he deserves some credit today and his ability as a goalscorer is the best in our squad.

I said after the Scottish Cup final that he should start the season as our number one striker. He did, and for me, he didn't take his chance.

Today i thought he was really poor and to be honest, i dont recall him holding the ball up well at all. I do recall him being continually robbed by Ford and Wright, though. Credit where credits due, it was a fantastic turn for his second.

For the moment, i'm not prepared to let two goals (one of which was a penalty) radically change my current opinion on the player. I still think Novo or Lafferty would offer us far more over the course of 90 minutes.

Why are penalties frowned upon so much? I have read this all the time about "it was only a penalty". I don't subscribe to that being any easier than Miller knocking in Borat's blunder...

Penalties always have and always will be seen as a "handicapped" goal in football.

Putting a dead ball into the net from 12 yards should be water off of a ducks back for any professional footballer.

Remember the American that tried to celebrate using a backflip that didnt turn out so well

Penalties always have and always will be seen as a "handicapped" goal in football.

Putting a dead ball into the net from 12 yards should be water off of a ducks back for any professional footballer.

It never ever has been water off a ducks back though. The best players in the world miss them all the time.

I agree, it could be argued that Combe did well to save it. But I expected a finisher of Boyds experience to tuck it to either side of the keeper rather than close to him. But to show I'm not totally anti-Boyd, I do think he took his 2nd very well.

It never ever has been water off a ducks back though. The best players in the world miss them all the time.

The way some go on about Boyd on RM though, you'd imagine he'd never miss one!

LOL, if you want to assume that, fine.

Got me thinking though, when was the last time he missed one for us? Good question!

Got me thinking though, when was the last time he missed one for us? Good question!

It wasn't that long ago, was it?

I'm sure he missed one at the tail end of last season.

It wasn't that long ago, was it?

I'm sure he missed one at the tail end of last season.

He missed one against Aberdeen near the end of last season.

On another topic, something has to be done about their strips. Purple? ... come on.

Yeah, that strip was very hard on the eyes, it clashed with the blue.

They should have stuck to that atrocious yellow number they had last season.

On another topic, something has to be done about their strips. Purple? ... come on.

Yeah, that strip was very hard on the eyes, it clashed with the blue.

They should have stuck to that atrocious yellow number they had last season.

Admin things like that should at least be able to be handled right by the people at the SPL.

I congratulate on victory!

I had work today and because I couldn't watch match. But if to look match stats then I see this match was not from lights. Doesn't it? And as did Maurice Edu conduct a match? If I don't wrong then this was his debut.

in all honesty, he never* does... infact, i remember a commentator saying after his penalty against hearts this season that he scored 4 out of 5 from the season before, and i think he followed up that missed penalty by putting it in the back of the net

boyds first act of the match, IIRC, was to bring down a ball played upto him, which he did, with his chest, and miller took it on and broke through the killie players, leading to a good goalscoring opportunity... there were other times where boyd brought the ball down and tried to link up, and did actually link up, far so better than he has done in his last games, but some people would rather remember that misplaced pass, or the time he fell over

*please note this may not actually be never