2nd Gow Bid knocked back

nvager

Not when you offer 100k, are told you'll need to bid half a million, then up it by a few thousand. That's just downright disrespectful imho. Maybe if we'd gone to perhaps ?300,000, I'd accept your point. But I don't think we went anywhere near that.

(tu)

That is now, Petrie, Hughes and Jewell that have publically laughed in our face at our ridiculous and pathetic bids, it is f*cken embarrasing!!

Well I did say a couple of weeks ago on here that Murrays attitude and arrogance is bad for business and he is fluckin it up for the future with RFC.

Once again dont say I didnt tell yeez <_< (beer)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand the bid was increased by 25k to 125k Falkirk are looking at players to replace Gow and most who have the quailities and ability are quoted as 400k + price tags

Falkirk have had a Hungarian internationalist on trial who has eight goals for his national side and Yogi didn't think he could match Gows skills level

To be honest on the 31st of January if we are out of the CIS cup then 300k would probably be enough to tempt the BOD if not Yogi.

From what I understand the bid was increased by 25k to 125k Falkirk are looking at players to replace Gow and most who have the quailities and ability are quoted as 400k + price tags

Falkirk have had a Hungarian internationalist on trial who has eight goals for his national side and Yogi didn't think he could match Gows skills level

To be honest on the 31st of January if we are out of the CIS cup then 300k would probably be enough to tempt the BOD if not Yogi.

?125k mate is a f*cken joke!!!

We offered ?125k for an unknown Danish 16 year old <angryy>

?125k mate is a f*cken joke!!!

We offered ?125k for an unknown Danish 16 year old <angryy>

You might not believe this but it seems Yogi was laughing so hard at the offer he almost injured himself.

How? The ONLY player we paid too much for was Flo. The rest of the players we paid lots for all justified their fees, like GVB, Ricksen, Albertz, Reyna, Mols etc etc. We got into trouble because we spent money we didn't have, not because we paid over the odds for mediocre players.

So you don't think ?4m for Prodan was too much for example? Or what about ?4m for Sebastian Rozental? Yes these players both picked up injuries but they were worth nowhere near that. ?4.5m for Bert Konterman? Not mediocre players? Please.

I will be truly staggered if you argue the point that Rangers paid inflated transfer fees towards the end of the Smith reign and during the Dick Advocaat era. It is almost beyond contention.

Rangers, like any football club without a billionaire owner such as Abramovich, need to be run like a business and if that means employing good business sense to avoid paying over-the-odds then so be it.

Lets get real people. the only people that actually know the improved bid is Rangers and Falkirk, no one else.

And also Falkirks valuation of 500k is an absolute joke, we signed Boyd for 400k and he was far more of an established SPL player than Gow is.

Gow's contract is up in the summer and we will get him then for nothing. This is just Falkirk being stubborn, as right now i wouldn't pay anythin more than 250k for Gow and i'm sure that Rangers have a price for Gow and will NOT go above it.

This is just Falkirk being stubborn

Just what they value him at, and what it would take to replace him. Same as Birmingham wanting ?8million for Upson who is out of contract in the summer.

This is just Falkirk being stubborn

Just what they value him at, and what it would take to replace him. Same as Birmingham wanting ?8million for Upson who is out of contract in the summer.

Yes, and you can guarentee neither will get anywhere near their valuation

So you don't think ?4m for Prodan was too much for example?

For the return, yes, but a Romanian international at the time when Romanian football was more than half decent would not come cheap. That said, he cost ?2.5M (tu)

Or what about ?4m for Sebastian Rozental?

He was under ?3M as well iirc.

Yes these players both picked up injuries but they were worth nowhere near that.

Says? imho you're allowing their poor careers with us blight how good they'd been up till joining us.

?4.5m for Bert Konterman? Not mediocre players? Please.

Bert is a good exception to the rule, although would you expect a Feyenoord defender to cost anything less? Regrettably you're still using plural, however.

I will be truly staggered if you argue the point that Rangers paid inflated transfer fees towards the end of the Smith reign and during the Dick Advocaat era. It is almost beyond contention.

So, you believe GVB, a world class defender (sold for ?8.5M), was too expensive? You reckon the former Dutch defender Ricksen was a con? You think Reyna was a waste of money? How about Albertz - did we pay too much?

What to do; list all the players (excluding the injury prone ones) who we paid too much for as evidenced by their underachievements on the pitch. Then we can truly compare notes.

Disagree with you entirely otherwise. Other than Konterman and Flo, I cannot think of a single signing we paid too much for whose return on the pitch was less than profitable.

Rangers, like any football club without a billionaire owner such as Abramovich, need to be run like a business and if that means employing good business sense to avoid paying over-the-odds then so be it.

You've made a big error there imo; first of all football, as a business, works like no other. Players don't get fired for making mistakes, poor personnel performance doesn't always lead to being removed from your position. It's idealistically a business, but in practicality it's nowhere near one.

As an aside, business is about profit; you make next to none in football.

Calm down people - I wouldnt pay over the odds for a guy we already have on a pre-contract. Also he have to Bid for the young Danish boy because we DONT have him on a pre-contract!

If we want Gow now, we will get him.

I know we're all frustrated, but Falkirk (& everybody else) know our financial situation and the fact we've just sold Clement and they are holding out for more money.

Just calm down

Calm down people - I wouldnt pay over the odds for a guy we already have on a pre-contract. Also he have to Bid for the young Danish boy because we DONT have him on a pre-contract!

I know we're all frustrated, but Falkirk (& everybody else) know our financial situation and the fact we've just sold Clement and they are holding out for more money.

Just calm down

What Pre-contract if he has signed one then he has not informed his employers at Falkirk FC.

Just calm down

What Pre-contract if he has signed one then he has not informed his employers at Falkirk FC.

He hasnt signed one - he has agreed terms. He wont sign incase we get him before the window closes, should that happen, he will sign

We are not A BIG CLUB right now, we have a big club infrastructure, are world famous & attract big gates however, we do not have big club players, big club money or big club ambition, we do not have a big club chairman or board.We need rebuilt from the ground up.Sorry but its true

Alot of people are saying why "why pay over the odds" but the fact remains that we are being made to look like cheap penny-pinchers in this transfwer window. First we have Paul Jewel laughing at us for a "derisory" bid. Then we make two offers for Alan Gow which and are still nowhere near agreeing a fee.

For Christ sake!!! When will the people in charge of our club start getting some respect back? Or are we doomed to be a club that makes laughable offers for players. Falkirks sumnation of Alan Gow is right. We should just pay the money for him instaed of beating around the bush for the sake of 100'000 which we could make back triple in one bloody home game. Makes my blood boil it really does. <angryy>

Falkirks sumnation of Alan Gow is right

Not even in your wildest dreams is Gow worth ?500,000 while he has 6 months left on a contract, and he has already agreed personal terms on a pre-contract should that be needed.

Not even in your wildest dreams is Gow worth ?500,000 while he has 6 months left on a contract, and he has already agreed personal terms on a pre-contract should that be needed.

That was the price they started with but they lowered it to between 250 and 300 grand. And is that not worth a player who could help us get secopnd place? Or do you just want to keep scrounging around in the Bosman bin?

That was the price they started with but they lowered it to between 250 and 300 grand. And is that not worth a player who could help us get secopnd place? Or do you just want to keep scrounging around in the Bosman bin?

No, if im perfectly honest with you, i dont think Gow is the answer. I dont think he will do much to help us get 2nd place.

If we have plugged the holes in the defence with the signings we've made, then i think we have the firepower to reach the CL with points to spare, but i think you've missed my point buddy..

I just feel we need a CM more urgently and i would rather we used what little money we have on ensuring we get one now - rather than waiting til the summer. As someone has posted earlier, if we lose BF or BH we are desperately short of attacking midfield options.

If a not unreasonable offer was enough to grab Gow now then great, but if thats not to be, i would use the cash elsewhere, and strengthen the midfield - and take Gow for free in 6 months.

I understand your feelings mate, its just down to personal opinions in the end (tu)

(beer1)

No, if im perfectly honest with you, i dont think Gow is the answer. I dont think he will do much to help us get 2nd place.

If we have plugged the holes in the defence with the signings we've made, then i think we have the firepower to reach the CL with points to spare, but i think you've missed my point buddy..

I just feel we need a CM more urgently and i would rather we used what little money we have on ensuring we get one now - rather than waiting til the summer. As someone has posted earlier, if we lose BF or BH we are desperately short of attacking midfield options.

If a not unreasonable offer was enough to grab Gow now then great, but if thats not to be, i would use the cash elsewhere, and strengthen the midfield - and take Gow for free in 6 months.

I understand your feelings mate, its just down to personal opinions in the end 

Point taken mate. (beer1)

Just feel that a club like ours should be able to afford the money for Gow and also for other targets in CM.

At least we agree on Super Ally. (tu)