Sunday - K.Broadfoot LB & Dailly RB

DecoLally

If big Kirk has to move to left back,no problem,he's as versatile as they come,and Dailly will do a fine job filling in at right back. (tu)

Common sense at last. Dailly is nowhere near as bad as some make out, and will fill in sufficiently while Papac is out. What other choices do we have with Whittaker and Smith out? <cr>

:no: anyone but dailly. Useless defender and i still hold him responsible for our european exit. I know other people didnt perform but if it wasnt for daillys lack of concentration and him giving away that silly free kick they scored from we would still have won regardless of a poor performance.

I hold him responsible for killing off the slight chance of us winning the titrle last season with his 2 stupid fouls in the same area against the sheep which led to the 2 goals.

He is a player who has been given too much credit over the years because he came through the ranks from schoolboy with Craig Brown and the lackeys.

Common sense at last. Dailly is nowhere near as bad as some make out, and will fill in sufficiently while Papac is out. What other choices do we have with Whittaker and Smith out? <cr>

Here's a radacal and mind numbing suggestion: why don't we try one of our more talented younger full backs out in that position?

Why scrimp and scrape a team of of ageing journeymen together when we could have a youthful and fresh presence in there?

IMO the best time to bring youngsters through is when we having a settled and winning team.

We have both right now, let's take advantage of that.

Still don't get why Broadfoot should move to accomodate Dailly at RB, instead of just putting Dailly LB. Either I'm missing something really obvious, or it's just a stupid idea, and Broadfoot should stay where he is.

Broadfoot has played at left back for both us and Saint Mirren and does well there, where as Dailly struggles at right back which makes you wonder how bad he would be as a left back.

Personally I would go with Edu at right back and Broadfoot at left back. Hell I would rather play Thomson at left back than have dailly in the team.