***The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passions run high during the match threads.

We probably need to understand that we'll grind them out sometimes, especially in a game where it's the opposition's cup final.

We never, ever drub the diddies, but constantly outperform the better teams. Just one of those things.

You are a wise man my friend!!

i dont think there was a player who had a 6/10 performance mendes was woeful from 2nd half onwards but his goal helped him

bougherra will never be a rangers centre half hes not a patch on cuellar really poor tonight and his positional sense is poor

I thought he was solid tonight. Apart from that header that he missed, he rarely looked flustered.

You can't compare him to Cuellar, you just can't. It's not fair on Bougherra.

I agree, I thought bougherra was solid today. He had a couple of lapses but stil looks good for his money. :rangers:

pedro neilly and maybe papac get pass marks from me

Not Davis? I thought he had a great game tonight. Did he do anything wrong in ET? My mother "popped in" for a visit just at the start of ET, left just before Mendes scored. Why, oh why do I not lock the door at nights? :anguish:

Classy finish from Pedro :cool:

We fielded almost the same side that humped sellick, therefore some of the players have to take a look at themselves. Good professionals give 100% every game, not just in the big ones. I felt we really missed Miller up front, and yet again the service to the front 2 wasn't up to scratch.

We probably need to understand that we'll grind them out sometimes, especially in a game where it's the opposition's cup final.

We never, ever drub the diddies, but constantly outperform the better teams. Just one of those things.

(tu) true mate

I would still rather have Boyd up front. Just not when the other attacking players are gash.

Would have liked Lafferty on early (or at start...not sure how fit he is)

Keep Novo on the bench always. Always good impact player but can't play from the start.

All in all....terrible performance but a win is a win. Tides will turn and we will hit a good bit of form.

BELIEVE :rangers:

Most sensible post in this thread. How dare you, young man?! :craphead:

i don't understand why we never went with a few young boys for tonights match.. i see those type of games against weaker opposition ( imo they are, others may disagree ) young players who have something to prove seem to play better than the players who play week in week out...

if you had wee fleck or aaron or macmalin or someone like that, they would have giving it 110% for however long they were on the park... boyd and big darch .. imo gave it about 20% tonight... and their was a few others who ... just didnt seem up for it.. or feel out the game :(

Fuckin terrible match. I'm worried.

Not at all.

First poor performance since Falkirk away. Even when we were down to Killie at Ibrox, we were decent.

Don't shite yer pants yet!

I'll second that.

To be honest, if Thistle played like they did tonight every week, they would probably challenge for a top 6 SPL place.

We were poor, woeful infact, but lets not forget we missed an absolute hatful of chances that we would probably have finished on another day.

Not at all.

First poor performance since Falkirk away. Even when we were down to Killie at Ibrox, we were decent.

There is nothing quite like being over dramatic :craphead:

pedro neilly and maybe papac get pass marks from me

Not Davis? I thought he had a great game tonight. Did he do anything wrong in ET? My mother "popped in" for a visit just at the start of ET, left just before Mendes scored. Why, oh why do I not lock the door at nights? :anguish:

Classy finish from Pedro :cool:

Yea sorry davis was very strong tonight. sometimes he frustrates me tho, his effort and passing are excellent but doesn't get enough shots in for me.

Not at all.

I'll second that.

To be honest, if Thistle played like they did tonight every week, they would probably challenge for a top 6 SPL place.

We were poor, woeful infact, but lets not forget we missed an absolute hatful of chances that we would probably have finished on another day.

and if we play like we did against celtic every week we would be where? top of the league?

Not at all.

I'll second that.

and if we play like we did against celtic every week we would be where? top of the league?

I don't quite understand this point, but yes, yes we would.

And I read a few 'DMB' is a shitbag posts during that.

Did he not risk another injury setting up the goal for Mendes? The Thistle boy (yet again) ploughed right through him just as he got the pass away, and as usual the ref turned a blind eye.

Thought he came into the game much better in extra time (tu) signs that he's getting up to speed.

Did he not risk another injury setting up the goal for Mendes? The Thistle boy (yet again) ploughed right through him just as he got the pass away, and as usual the ref turned a blind eye.

Thought he came into the game much better in extra time (tu) signs that he's getting up to speed.

im still a unconvinced of beasleys ability i used to have a lot of faith in him but he didnt do a lot in that game

im still a unconvinced of beasleys ability i used to have a lot of faith in him but he didnt do a lot in that game

I thought he made a decent contribution, ripped the fullback apart, final ball wasnt great