Does Walter know the 3 substitutions rule?

GrandSuckMaster

I honestly can't remember the last time we used 3 subs. Last night it was clear the likes of Davis, Thommo and Novo were knackered, but Watty only made 1 substition during the 90 and then a late substitution in the second half of extra time. His choice to bring on was awful as well, with DMB being so out of sorts at the moment. I know how good a manager Walter can be, but he never utilises his substitutes. Can someone who knows him please tell him about the 3 subs rule??

Lafferty should have been brought on for Novo much earlier than he was. Edu should also have replaced Thomson IMO.

Don't see the point in paying £6million for two players then not using them when the rest of the team are under-performing. I suppose it does keep them fresh for Sunday but I think they'd have gained sharpness from more match-time.

On a positive note, some of the football and passing was excellent in the first period - particularly just before Thistle equalised. Bougherra helps in that regard and has proven an excellent replacement for Cuellar so far.

Lafferty should have been brought on for Novo much earlier than he was. Edu should also have replaced Thomson IMO.

Don't see the point in paying £6million for two players then not using them when the rest of the team are under-performing. I suppose it does keep them fresh for Sunday but I think they'd have gained sharpness from more match-time.

On a positive note, some of the football and passing was excellent in the first period - particularly just before Thistle equalised. Bougherra helps in that regard and has proven an excellent replacement for Cuellar so far.

Agree with most of that, but I think Majid looked a bit shakey. He needs to start being a no nonsense defender at the appropriate times and he needs to start putting in the big challenges when required. Saying that though, the guy clearly has talent and will learn a lot from Davie Weir.

Walter has always been reluctant/indecisive to use substitutes at the right time/ to change a game/ break up play/waste time at the end.

The under 21 rule is the only reason that youngsters make the bench and he has absolutely no intention of using them so he tends to be restricted in choice of subs as well as having to decide to use them.

after all Nachos misses and thommo looking off peak I agree 100% was going mental that Lafferty and Edu were kept on the bench. After Nachos 50th miss it was time for Lafferty latest at the 60the minute

:rangers:

Must admit am not a great Smith fan,but will back him as Rangers manger. Agreed with the comment about the younger players not getting a chance they never will under Smith, a watch alot of the reserve under 19s on RTV, and to me we have some very good boys at the club who could do wonders for Rangers in time but they must start being bleed into the 1st team. Dont know why they cant come on in games when we are a few goals up,and give them match time,we will lose boys like Fleck,Furman,Lennon,Shinnie etc. if Walter doesnt start intrducing them soon[which he wont].we,d be as well flogging Murray Park and giving it to Wally to spend.