My rant about Rangers TV…..

steviecool

Is it just me or is it not very good?

The budget for Rangers TV must be limited, anyone know if it’s Rangers that pay for it or is it Setanta?

1. They got rid of that Alison chick who was no bad looking!

2. They ask the same boring questions of the management/players every week…yawn yawn

3. The re runs of old games are limited (I’ve got about 20 highlights videos they can have dating back to early 90’s if it would help)

4. There's a lack of thought or creativity with the programmes

5. Anyone else count how many times Gordon Durie says “whatever” instead of listening to what he’s saying?

I’m sure we could come up with better topics to cover a few hours each night….any ideas?

My thoughts below…

1. Let us see JCD do a magic trick…

2. Follow a player/member of staff for a day/Interview supporters on their thoughts on a recent game

3. Ask them some silly questions instead of the usual…. Like… blondes or brunettes, Favourite film, What Cd are you listening to just now?…you can see where I’m going with this. They just need to watch soccer am to get the idea

4. Have a programme on the research/work that was done when building Murray Park, even an insight to the training facilities (another clubs channel done this and it was quite interesting…they shall remain nameless)

i hate it because its broadcast in 4:3 despite alot of content availible for it being availible in 16:9 - seems like they dont want to realise that 16:9 became the norm in 2000! 2007 HD came out and they still cant get out of 4:3

I hate when they show some minor celbrity's favourite all time team. The teams vary very little and they keep showing the very same clips. You would think that they would have a huge archive of footage on most of these players, but no, they trot out the same clips of Goram, Laudrup, Gazza etc etc. Not feckin good enough! :angry2:

I was watching the re-run of the 2002 Feyenoord game earlier - the sound was diabolical. Pretty much ruined it for me.

Anyone know why this would have been? Are Rangers and Celtic TV SO compressed it makes the sound that bad?

The channel is pretty shite lyks. They always show the sme things. Anybody ever check out the 'Rangersmind' on Ibrox Uncovered last year tht was allright seeing how much current players knew aboot the club, players etc quite a gd laugh

Why do they play old games that end in a draw, why cant it be all good wins?

I hear what you're saying bud. The tim channel does the same, tonight they showed an old Rangers/Ceptic match that finished a draw.

I was'nt watching it, honest! Got a call from a tim mate who told me :)

Nah! only joking, i've nae tim mates, caught a glimpse of it when I was going through the channels :D

Is it just me or is it not very good?

The budget for Rangers TV must be limited, anyone know if it’s Rangers that pay for it or is it Setanta?

1. They got rid of that Alison chick who was no bad looking!

2. They ask the same boring questions of the management/players every week…yawn yawn

3. The re runs of old games are limited (I’ve got about 20 highlights videos they can have dating back to early 90’s if it would help)

4. There's a lack of thought or creativity with the programmes

5. Anyone else count how many times Gordon Durie says “whatever” instead of listening to what he’s saying?

i always do that :lol:

Aye they definitely need some new features on it. A lot of people don't want watch a boring 90 mins game when we played St Mirren about 6 years ago. More features about the great teams and players as well as a more balanced look at the club. I remember when we wer goin through that terrible run with PLG the channel still had guys comin on saying wer playin well, not gettiin the breaks etc instead of saying wer playin shite!!

As well as that its never on at the weekend which is fookin irritating

Arsenal and Liverpool TV are a lot better than Rangers TV and they've only been on for half the time

The channel is pretty shite lyks. They always show the sme things. Anybody ever check out the 'Rangersmind' on Ibrox Uncovered last year tht was allright seeing how much current players knew aboot the club, players etc quite a gd laugh

yeah that was good missed the last 2 weeks never seen barry take it he got 10 did he??

I know shagger, novo and thommo all got 9/10!!

likes of big lee got about 3 and that was only because the questions were easy example!!

lee what is walter daughters name.....

Aye, it's the same with ITV.

Basically they buy a set amount of bandwidth of Sky and then squeeze as many channels as possible into it, making them all look dire.

If you eve watch the Fight Network (just past the Setanta channels on Sky) you'll see it's actually close to Youtbue quality.