manual shooting

blyth

does anyone use the manual shooting in fifa 09? i've had the game a few days and think its brilliant, but tried to use manual shoting and its near impossible! theres a few videos on youtube of goals scored from manual shooting and they look spectacular, although they are probably scored by fifa veterans! as a recent convert from pes, i suppose it just takes a bit of practice?

even still, such a brilliant game.

you can change the setting so that shooting is manually aimed rather than assisted, and it apparently makes it easier to score from long range once you have mastered it. however, it is really frustrating because any time i have tried it the ball has flown about 20 yards wide or straight down the middle.

probably no point in trying to practice it, although it would be good to hear if anyone can actually do it to see if it is worth it. the ribery goal towards the end of that video is sensational.

In the older games, you used to just aim and move the joystick for "aftertouch" which made it spin and swerve.

Anyone remember Sensible Soccer?

And Kick Off , volley from half way after kicking off with joystick at breaking point to swerve in.

In the older games, you used to just aim and move the joystick for "aftertouch" which made it spin and swerve.

Anyone remember Sensible Soccer?

I remember it well, I lost most of my childhood to that game :blush:

The career mode in SWOS was the best of any game, I used to love taking a team from the 3rd division to eventually win the premier league and the European cup.

Peter van vossen on SWOS 95/96 was amazing for me as was Nick Bamby. What a game :)