***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just left Hamburg after 4 months in charge cause they wouldnt renew ma contract only had a 6 months contract and a took them from 13th to 7th missed out on a Euro place by a point bastards so managed to get the PSV job with 26 million to spend so blew it on Kerrison 10 million and Far Fan 16 million 6 games played 15 goals between them :)

theyre fucking huge, cant be arsed making them smaller now though!

anymore just let me know (tu)

Cheers for that (tu) everyone of them is better in my game and im only in 2010 :lol: Lewandowski is a legend by the way scores for fun (tu)

Tobio (argie centre half)

cahais (same)

Obassi

Carlos Eduardo

Andy Driver

marquinhos

Alex texeira

(tu)

i'll need to find where i signed him from he was only 18 at the start of the 2nd season

cahais starts at boca but i think he always retires early (tu)

Alex texeira plays for vasco

Just beat Arsenal 2-0 at home in the champions league quarter final. I'm in the year 2014, and they're top of the premiership.

Got a really good squad although I'll be looking for a way to improve it even more in the summer.

My strikers are fantastic, one is young, one is older (Cardozo) and they're terrific upfront, banging goals in.

My wingers are fine (Wilshire and Adu, although I play various players in Adu's position as he's unhappy/injured) so maybe a new winger.

My CM/CAM slot goes to a man named Oscar who is brilliant. DM is sorted with Arouca there (He's 29) and Zucullini in backup, with a regen Napolitino bursting through the ranks.

Fullbacks are sorted, got two amazing full backs, and a third who can play on either side.

I think I may need a better center back to complete my team, and consider a new keeper (Enyeama was unhappy so I loaned him out, Makaridze is brilliant but could try for better).

Edit : Checked the UEFA Cup quarter final results there... Roma 7-3 Bordeaux. :lol:

Got humped 5-0 at the Emirates.. lol.

I was missing a bunch of key players - had to play an unfit center back who eventually got subbed for Danny Wilson. Missed my defensive mid, and Freddy Adu too. :(

The rest of the team just didn't show up... they were awful.

Got humped 5-0 at the Emirates.. lol.

I was missing a bunch of key players - had to play an unfit center back who eventually got subbed for Danny Wilson. Missed my defensive mid, and Freddy Adu too. :(

The rest of the team just didn't show up... they were awful.

Not restarting so you can get "another chance" ? :pipe:

whats the most everyones earned per week as a manager?

im on £140,000 a week at Arsenal in 2018 and will be re-negotiating next year, hopefully with a decent payrise!

whats the most everyones earned per week as a manager?

im on £140,000 a week at Arsenal in 2018 and will be re-negotiating next year, hopefully with a decent payrise!

am on 136,000 a year with Milan.

£17,250 at Rangers.. year 2014. :lol:

Freddu Adu is on £64,000 at Rangers.

you dont get a lot with Rangers, i think the most ive had is £24-26k

the highest paid in my game is Iniesta at Barcelona on £155k a week

in my current Arsenal team its Fabregas and Aguero on £115k

for Rangers it was Payet on £73k

If anybody is looking for a good, relatively cheap striker, go for Salvatore Foti. I got him for about 2 million and he's punched in about 15-20 goals every season and adds about 8-10 assists as well.

on my 3rd season with gers game

went first 8 games in league without losing a goal, only lost 2 goals by then and that was 2-2 away to liverpool on champs league day 1

GK Asenjo (sp) young spanish keeper, 8mill he cost me when i sold shagger for 6

LB papac

RB either whittaker or Jiranek

CB boughie

CB radu (12 million buy, fucking awesome)

LM Beasley or driver (beasley won my fans player of the year in season 2, 34 assists all season)

RM either kelvin etuhu or whittaker, depends on if i need whittaker for RB

CM Mccarthur or Thommo

CM Edu or Jack collinson

ST Fleck

ST Gignac or lafferty

finally lost the odd goal here or there, only lost 5 in the SPL so far and topped my CL group with 5 wins and a draw, turned liverpool over 6-3 at home although it took halftime hairdryer treatment and 2 goals in injury time to get that result