RM La Liga Discussion Thread

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Liga

I've noticed a few 1 or 2 word responses from you in threads (newcastle, king carlos, this one)

are you trying to boost your post count? If so speak to McBoyd, I've seen him amass my total post count in a day whilst actually saying nothing!

The Spanish press can't get enough of Barca. Im sick of hearing about how Pep is this prophet and how they're better than the 90's dream team blah.

Me, jealous? Never. :D

Villareal made a good come back against Getafe last night which is good news. Nihat is back playing and he's made an absolutely massive difference to the side. Really underrated little player. Credit to Getafe as well by the way, they've just came through their "trip to the Alps", taking 5 points out of 12. Munoz has built a really tough side there.

How did Jozy Altidore play yesterday for Villarreal? I see he's gotten a couple of starts in a row.

To be honest, it wasn't his best game. He tired badly near the end and he generally looked a bit lost.

He's the type of player that you can look at and be confident about him getting to the level he needs to be at to succeed there though. The presence of Rossi at the club has really helped him.

How did Jozy Altidore play yesterday for Villarreal? I see he's gotten a couple of starts in a row.

To be honest, it wasn't his best game. He tired badly near the end and he generally looked a bit lost.

He's the type of player that you can look at and be confident about him getting to the level he needs to be at to succeed there though. The presence of Rossi at the club has really helped him.

I would imagine Rossi has helped him integrate into the club. Too be honest, I was surprised Villarreal didn't loan him out for a year to a lower league team, but I guess injuries probably played a part in that.

Have they been playing Altidore up front by himself with Rossi as a more No. 10 type player orchestrating in space? I would like to see Altidore be able to lead the line in time, I think he has the attributes to do that.

Just watching the Castilla take on Cartagena. Keep an eye out for a kid called Daniel Opare, he's going to be an absolute superstar. He's a strong, pacey right back with phenomenal technique. It's only a matter of time before he breaks into the Madrid first team.

Madrid take on Sevilla at 8pm for anyone interested. I'd be shocked if Madrid took anything from the game.

Just watching the Castilla take on Cartagena. Keep an eye out for a kid called Daniel Opare, he's going to be an absolute superstar. He's a strong, pacey right back with phenomenal technique. It's only a matter of time before he breaks into the Madrid first team.

Madrid take on Sevilla at 8pm for anyone interested. I'd be shocked if Madrid took anything from the game.

I'm waiting on Madrid for 45 quid tonight, 11/10 at home was too big a price to turn down.

Here's hoping they can get their finger out for a change!!

I would imagine Rossi has helped him integrate into the club. Too be honest, I was surprised Villarreal didn't loan him out for a year to a lower league team, but I guess injuries probably played a part in that.

Have they been playing Altidore up front by himself with Rossi as a more No. 10 type player orchestrating in space? I would like to see Altidore be able to lead the line in time, I think he has the attributes to do that.

Yeah, i was expecting them to do the same thing, mate. They signed him up on a 6 year deal so he's obviously seen as an investment for the future for them.

Villareal's main man, Jose Llorente got an injury that ruled him out for a month and Guillem Franco is also injured, that's why he's been starting recently. Nihat's back now though so i wouldnt be surprised to see him go back to the bench. Last night it was Altidore who was kinda playing the battering ram role with Rossi just tucked in behind. To be fair to him, he did win the lions share of his aerial battles, but he just looked a bit out of sync with the rest of the players.

1-0 to the Rojiblancos, 5 minutes gone.

Adriano with the goal. San Iker was completely lost, he's just not been at the races this season.

I'm not even surprised really, i'd be astounded if Madrid took anything from this game.