Rangers and Celtic European stats

minstral

in rangers first ever CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP GAME against cska moscow 16 years ago

which we won 1-0. we have collected more points than celtic have earned in all their away games combined, since the champions league BEGAN in 1992, and it was only 2 points for a win back then.

in rangers first ever CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP GAME against cska moscow 16 years ago

which we won 1-0. we have collected more points than celtic have earned in all their away games combined, since the champions league BEGAN in 1992, and it was only 2 points for a win back then.

As well as picking up a point in Brugge and Marseille the same group stage.

Champions league pretenders thats all they are

That match was played in Germany for some reason I can't remember.

hi coops it was because the russian weather was that bad.

because the russian winter was so bad they were made to play all group games in bochum

Right lads added up all our away games from the CL group stages and here is how it looks.

From when we first qualified for the CL Group stage in 1992 : we've been in the group stages 8 times.

Played : 24

Won : 4

Lost : 14

Drew : 6

Total points possible : 72

Points we got : 18

Compare that to Celtic and we are laughing. On current form Celtic would need to play another 304 matches to overtake our points tally of 18.

because the russian winter was so bad they were made to play all group games in bochum

Fond memories, was based in Germany at the time, and got to the game.

Right lads added up all our away games from the CL group stages and here is how it looks.

From when we first qualified for the CL Group stage in 1992 : we've been in the group stages 8 times.

Played : 24

Won : 4

Lost : 14

Drew : 6

Total points possible : 72

Points we got : 18

Compare that to Celtic and we are laughing. On current form Celtic would need to play another 304 matches to overtake our points tally of 18.

I actually thought our record was a bit better than that :ohmy:

Still a helluva lot better than them. :D

Read today that they haven't won an away game in Europe for 22 years. Have won prelimeries and stuff but haven't won a group match away game in the Champions League or away in the old European Cup since 1986.

Read it and weep Tattie Munchers !!!

:rangers:

And to this day there's an active RSC in Bochum, a great bunch of lads.