West Brom to bid for Thomson

Poetry_In_Blue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan so am obviously biased but I will be very disappointed in rangers if they sell him Barry's in his thirties now and so is mendes. thomson a player for the future and hopefully our next captain so I think they would be mad to let him go.

Big fan of thomson but we have to sell a midfielder in the transfer market bcos we're starting to get overrun by them. Don't know whether it should be thommo but who else can we sell.

Hemdani, McCulloch, Adam

I would be really gutted to see Thommo leave for anything less the £6 Mill espec to money bags Premiership. He is the a intergral part of the team he has had hardly any poor games this season. Yes he picks up silly booking although he only has 2 bookings in the league so far he seems to be getting booked less which is good to see. He does all the dirty work tracks back, hard tackler a real workhorse

I think he'll go for in the region of 4-5M. Not qualifying for the CL this year has left a black hole in the finances, that has to be filled. None of the money will be reinvested in the team. Welcome to Rangers 2008.

With Ferguson, Mendes, Davis and Edu all fighting it out for two places in the centre, Thomson is the logical choice to recoup some finances into the club. The squad overall is too big and the obvious choices to trim it Adam, McCulloch (Bombproof), Dailly etc... do nothing but free up some wages as there would be little or no transfer fee involved.

If we got 6m for Thomson i'd take it but only if it is reinvested. He is a good player not a great player imo. For that kind of money i'd like to think we could sign a more mobile player as I believe Thomsons downfall is he abit one paced, but you can't knock his energy and his battling.

Although I do admit I wouldn't be in a rush to sell him, there are a dzen others who should be shown the door before him.

My thoughts entirely on this. We should never sell him for below 4m and there are many others who we should try to offload before him but if an offer of 5-6m came in and we would reinvest the money I wouldn't be disappointed.

We'd still have Ferguson, Davis, Mendes and Edu plus 6m to spend on a CB/RM/LM.