Could this team work

Amac9

Ferguson behind the front two is something I don't want to see.

I don't think you can play Davis, Mendes, Ferguson and Thomson - you certainly can't in a 4-4-2 and I don't want to see us resort to 4-5-1/4-2-3-1....

So who drops out, Thomson? That means you take the balance that he brings to the side away. People say he picks up too many booking and doesn't get forward enough - well he's only picked up two bookings this season(I think) and has 3 assists - thats more than Mendes!

I'd keep it the way it is until we go through a bad run of results or pick up injuries/suspensions or loss of form to the other three.

So you don't want a 20 goal a season Ferguson. You want I'll score the odd goal every two years Ferguson?

Ferguson has to be the attacking midfielder. Mendes will do Fergusons role last year, take the ball and spread it about, and link up with Ferguson.

No - that's not what he's all about. He'll never score 20 goals a season if he played in that role!

I'd rather he didn't play at all tbh.

He already has!

How many operations ago was that?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson behind the front two is something I don't want to see.

I don't think you can play Davis, Mendes, Ferguson and Thomson - you certainly can't in a 4-4-2 and I don't want to see us resort to 4-5-1/4-2-3-1....

So who drops out, Thomson? That means you take the balance that he brings to the side away. People say he picks up too many booking and doesn't get forward enough - well he's only picked up two bookings this season(I think) and has 3 assists - thats more than Mendes!

I'd keep it the way it is until we go through a bad run of results or pick up injuries/suspensions or loss of form to the other three.

So you don't want a 20 goal a season Ferguson. You want I'll score the odd goal every two years Ferguson?

Ferguson has to be the attacking midfielder. Mendes will do Fergusons role last year, take the ball and spread it about, and link up with Ferguson.

Complete waste of Mendes.

Barry playing as an attacking player is a square peg in a round hole.

And he was played in that role for all of last season. Did he even make double figures in the league? I'm sure he only got 9, with 3 of those in the first 3 games.

Ferguson never played that role at all. Ferguson played the sitting midfielder where all the play had to go through him.

I don't know why people are wanting mendes as the attacking midfielder anyway, considering the guy never has been one since he came to Britain!

How many operations ago was that?!

Well if that's the case then mate, it's simple. Ferguson shouldn't be playing for Rangers if you think he is not as good a player.

He's a great player, but handicapped by a deteriorating ankle.

Ferguson only got 18 goals that season and 8 were penalties and quite a few were freekicks.

He scored three at Ibrox alone.

Including one stonker v Motherwell.

Did he hit one against Livingston too?

We were 4-0 up and Livi brought it back to 4-3?

Was he not also on the penalties that season aswell - scored quite a few of them?

Pens and freekicks.

Something like 11 of his 20 goals were from set pieces, possibly even more.

He scored 18 goals all in, 11 were from set-pieces. Eight penalties, three free kicks. The rest were goals from open play.

He also won SFWA Footballer of the Year and SPFA Players Player of the Year, aswell as captaining us to the treble.

Fantastic season.

Thomson is out simple, 442 with Fergie Mendes the middle

What drop our player with the most assists, the player that brings balance to the side, his hard work and the only guy in the midfield who will snap into tackles?

Every side needs a player like Thomson.

Was he not also on the penalties that season aswell - scored quite a few of them?

Pens and freekicks.

He scored 18 goals all in, 11 were from set-pieces. Eight penalties, three free kicks. The rest were goals from open play.

He also won SFWA Footballer of the Year and SPFA Players Player of the Year, aswell as captaining us to the treble.

Fantastic season.

That was good remembering from me :D

Yeah, that was a great season. Rounded off by the Dunfermline game!

Why does Thomson deserve to be dropped out?

Ferguson should have to wait for his chance like everybody else.

exactly theres no reason to drop thomson. hes bin playin well and hes had a few assists aswell but we no he will be the one to drop out.

a wud rather fergie just sat on the bench until sum1 loses form or gets injured

Pens and freekicks.

Fantastic season.

That was good remembering from me :D

Yeah, that was a great season. Rounded off by the Dunfermline game!

I'm glad we a agree on something, I was about to call you a knob with no clue about football...;)

Exactly what should happen maxwell (tu)

Far too many people think Ferguson will walk back into the team and we'll become a better side - ok it might well happen but what happens if Ferguson come back and doesn't find his form and the team struggle as a result?

Not a chance he'll be dropped - as long as Ferguson is at Rangers we'll continue to play to suit him, even if he's playing shite.

Why does Thomson deserve to be dropped out?

Ferguson should have to wait for his chance like everybody else.

What drop our player with the most assists, the player that brings balance to the side, his hard work and the only guy in the midfield who will snap into tackles?

Every side needs a player like Thomson.

My personal opinion, I WOULDN'T DROP THOMSON, i think hes done great under Mendes, and i think no player should just walk back into the team. Ferguson should have to fight just like Edu, Adam etccc...

Remember tho, its WALTER SMITH :lol:

Exactly what should happen maxwell (tu)

Far too many people think Ferguson will walk back into the team and we'll become a better side - ok it might well happen but what happens if Ferguson come back and doesn't find his form and the team struggle as a result?

Not a chance he'll be dropped - as long as Ferguson is at Rangers we'll continue to play to suit him, even if he's playing shite.

The teams struggling as it is. We haven't really kicked a ball since Parkhead.

My personal opinion, I WOULDN'T DROP THOMSON, i think hes done great under Mendes, and i think no player should just walk back into the team. Ferguson should have to fight just like Edu, Adam etccc...

Remember tho, its WALTER SMITH :lol:

I cannae believe your putting Adam and Ferguson in the same bracket! :lol:

The only thing Adam would fight for is a double cheeseburger.

Barry Ferguson is better deployed as the sitting midfielder dictating play.

(tu)

Yes, that is the position I would play him.He was outstanding in the spl and in europe when he played there when Advocaat was in charge.

I certainly do not want to see him as second striker or behind a front two.

.........................McGregor.........................

Broadfoot.....Weir........Bougherra.......Papac

Novo........Ferguson........Davis.............Fleck

.........................Mendes.............................

..........................Boyd...............................

.........................McGregor.........................

Broadfoot.....Weir........Bougherra.......Papac

Novo........Ferguson........Davis.............Fleck

.........................Mendes.............................

..........................Boyd...............................

In a word, no chance!