Fransisco Sandaza

stevotrueblue

Ok Im no saying he is a worldbeater or anything,,but he scored 23 goals last season for the valencia reserves,,and Unt probably paid peanuts for him. So far in only 7 starts he has 4 goals ,,2 against us and 1 against them. Its well known that if you dont cut it spain at an early age then your moved on,, but what is the standard of LA LIGA reserves in comparison to the other teams we play week in week out in the SPL ?? He has already shown he can score against both sides of the old firm. If he is a late bloomer then Levein may well have pulled off a really good bit of buisness. But how does 23 goals in any of the Top Nations reserves go un-noticed by our very own scouts >?? Surely a couple of hundred K on someone that is still only 23 would have been worth the risk ??,,esp when you see some of the diddys we have spent more on before in the past. well done Levein,,,, im sure he'll do them a job at least ,

_44932410_sandazajoy282.jpg

23 goals tho against the likes of Barca and Madrid's reserves speaks for itself ,, im sure there reserves are better than most teams over here ?? im no saying he is awesome,, but to even compare to the likes of Velika that we paid what 1MIL for and how old is he ?? Im talking about potential,, afterall Novo never made it in spain either,, im just saying that he must have cost next to nowt ,,is that no the kind of chances we should be looking around europe for?? its not like we would lose much if he turns out to be pish,,how much did we pay for sebo,,? he might have been worth a trial at least ,, or a loan to buy option ??

he might have been worth a trial at least ,, or a loan to buy option ??

Or how about giving Lafferty, Naismith(when it), Loy....a go instead of signing yet more mediocre pish?

It's always the same - someoneplays well against us in a match and the next day they are suggested as a possible signings.

The lad Robertson played well. I wonder if we should go out and sign him?

Cuellar played 7 seasons in Spain, 4 with Osasuna, why do you think he never signed for one of the big Spanish teams? or Italian, German even EPL for that matter. I dont know the answer myself.

He is an outstanding footballer seems strange to move to the relative backwater of the SPL,it looks to me as if there are bargains to be had in la liga.

Your all missing the point im making,,, IM NO SAYING HE IS AWESOME,,OR WE SHOULD GO SIGN HIM,, i was merely trying to point out that at the start of the season when you go looking around for potential squad players that may come good at little risk or expense,,,23 goals in Spains reserves got no attention,, their reserves like ours features players caming back from injury and squad players keeping their fitness levels up ,,not just kids,,, It is increadibly arrogant INO to just assume someone playing in another country's reserves isnt good enough, least of all a country the standard of SPAIN. How else do some players get found ??,thats what scouting is,, I wish we could just go out and buy the stars but finances dictate otherwise,,if i said the same thing back when NOVO moved to Dundee,,,i bet the response would be the same. MY POINT was aimed more at scouting ,,but having said that now i hope he does go on to score loads lol

Your all missing the point im making,,, IM NO SAYING HE IS AWESOME,,OR WE SHOULD GO SIGN HIM,, i was merely trying to point out that at the start of the season when you go looking around for potential squad players that may come good at little risk or expense,,,23 goals in Spains reserves got no attention,, their reserves like ours features players caming back from injury and squad players keeping their fitness levels up ,,not just kids,,, It is increadibly arrogant INO to just assume someone playing in another country's reserves isnt good enough, least of all a country the standard of SPAIN. How else do some players get found ??,thats what scouting is,, I wish we could just go out and buy the stars but finances dictate otherwise,,if i said the same thing back when NOVO moved to Dundee,,,i bet the response would be the same. MY POINT was aimed more at scouting ,,but having said that now i hope he does go on to score loads lol

Novo moved to Raith Rovers from Spain, then on to Dundee from there, check your basic facts mate.

How do you know we weren't scouting him?

I'm sure our scouts are looking heavily into Spains reserve league, after all we have just signed Aaron! I've only managed to see him a few times in our reserve games but I'm sure he'll turn out to be better than Sandaza. We need to keep bringing in the pick of the youth and Zandaza doesn't fit into that category.

I'm sure our scouts are looking heavily into Spains reserve league, after all we have just signed Aaron! I've only managed to see him a few times in our reserve games but I'm sure he'll turn out to be better than Sandaza. We need to keep bringing in the pick of the youth and Zandaza doesn't fit into that category.

Aaron wasn't with Valencia's reserves last season.

I dont for sure , was just posing the question , I follow a few different footie forums and soccer websites and never heard anything about it before thats all,,,usually do hear whenever we get linked with players,

but was only trying to make a topic for discussion,, didnt expect such a negative response :unsure:

I dont for sure , was just posing the question , I follow a few different footie forums and soccer websites and never heard anything about it before thats all,,,usually do hear whenever we get linked with players,

but was only trying to make a topic for discussion,, didnt expect such a negative response :unsure:

I think a lot of RM'ers are just sick of the clamour of posters wanting to sign yet more SPL dross after a couple of good games.

For the money other SPL clubs charge the Old Firm, there's just so many better value players to be had in leagues in Eastern Europe etc.

A bit of imagination in our transfer dealings wouldn't go amiss.

Aaron wasn't with Valencia's reserves last season.

I know that but I'm sure they would have had kept tabs on him for a while, it's usually the cases with these players. Either way thats the kind of player we want and need