Charlie Adam

Boab

He's a big headed shite who has no respect for society, his well being or representing RFC while out and about. I want him out.

whats the gossip boab? have you seen Adam out on the tiles?

I think Charlie Adam has a good left peg. He can pass when he wants, and has a fantastic technique again when he wants to strike the ball.

The man is in an absolute shocking physical condition to say he is an athlete.... Last season I had alot of time for the fella, I saw his raw talent and thought he deserved a chance to prove his fitness.....this season is a different story...he wont get off his ass and work on his physical condition, he is an absolute joke that needs a move for himself more than anything.

There is nothing I like more than being proved wrong. Hell Broadfoot has done it, he hired a sprint coach in the summer and had a shorter holiday to work on his fitness. He has had Weir teach him more about defensive positioning out of hours, and look where it has got him, making RB his own for club and country while Hutton was injured.

He knows what it means to be at a club like Rangers, Charlie does not and needs a kick up the arse good and proper or out the door.

completely agree with this.

He had a hand in both goals yesterday, and was one of our best players in the 2nd half, but hey!...........don't let the facts get in the way will you!

Granted, but those facts don't negate the fact that Adam is very poor and should not be playing for us. We kept a clean sheet yesterday and Lee McCulloch won quite a few headers. Does that mean he should be our first choice CB?

No, but on the other hand it doesn't make him "the worst player ever to play for Rangers". I think some people feel a desperate need to go wildly OTT about some players, including Adam.

I think Charlie Adam has a good left peg. He can pass when he wants, and has a fantastic technique again when he wants to strike the ball.

The man is in an absolute shocking physical condition to say he is an athlete.... Last season I had alot of time for the fella, I saw his raw talent and thought he deserved a chance to prove his fitness.....this season is a different story...he wont get off his ass and work on his physical condition, he is an absolute joke that needs a move for himself more than anything.

There is nothing I like more than being proved wrong. Hell Broadfoot has done it, he hired a sprint coach in the summer and had a shorter holiday to work on his fitness. He has had Weir teach him more about defensive positioning out of hours, and look where it has got him, making RB his own for club and country while Hutton was injured.

He knows what it means to be at a club like Rangers, Charlie does not and needs a kick up the arse good and proper or out the door.

I never knew this. I'm not Broadfoot's biggest fan and probably never will be, but you've got to take your hat off to him. Knowing you have weaknesses in your game is one thing, it's another thing entirely to get off your ass and do something about it. He's just gone up in my estimation, well done Kirk.

Charlie please take note.

Smith was also quick to praise Charlie Adam after he set up both goals against the Dons with two wicked corner kick deliveries.

He said: "Charlie has his Charlie Adam moments but overall that never prevents him from taking part in the game.

"Sometimes he does things that others wouldn't attempt to do and when they come off it's great.

"But he is working hard for the team right now and he provides a good balance to the team."

He's a Smith favourite though, one of Barry's pals.

He'll get a game in front of better footballers, which is bizarre.

Also, he doesn't 'hide' - but hey that's more important than being a good footballer.

Also, he doesn't 'hide' - but hey that's more important than being a good footballer.

I think it's more that he can't hide with an arse that size!

I tend to find myself defending Adam a lot on here, but in reality I'm no huge fan of his. I just think people go way too far in their criticism of him at times. On his day he can look almost world-class compared to some of the midfielders we've had over the years! Who remembers Dougie Bell, for instance?! :rolleyes:

I tend to find myself defending Adam a lot on here, but in reality I'm no huge fan of his. I just think people go way too far in their criticism of him at times. On his day he can look almost world-class compared to some of the midfielders we've had over the years! Who remembers Dougie Bell, for instance?! :rolleyes:

Was he before my time?

I just think he's a disgrace to be honest. If he worked hard on his fitness and kept it simple 80% of the time on the park, he'd be a player.

I've not been happy with him since listening to him slur out drunken bullshit in Magaluf while I helped him stand up, then four weeks later he produced possibly the worst performance I've seen from a Ger in the first half v Zeta.

Was he before my time?

I just think he's a disgrace to be honest. If he worked hard on his fitness and kept it simple 80% of the time on the park, he'd be a player.

I've not been happy with him since listening to him slur out drunken bullshit in Magaluf while I helped him stand up, then four weeks later he produced possibly the worst performance I've seen from a Ger in the first half v Zeta.

I played against Dougie Bell shortly after he dropped down to Junior level, and I took the piss outta him. And I was shite! :craphead:

At least you have a decent reason to moan about Adam, the ones that annoy me are those that are clearly looking for a scapegoat when the whole team is playing poorly and only pick on Adam, or McCulloch, or maybe Broadfoot. There is often no rhyme or reason to it, just personal hatred of someone who is, after all, a Rangers player and deserves the same leeway as other, perhaps more likeable or photogenic, players.