Bougherra in midfield ?

polar bear

Well!,maybe with McCulloch at CB today(V Hearts) and Bougherra along side Mendes(exit Barry or Adam)we could have won this game.

I'm pretty sure big Lee would have made a difference with the high balls into our box that led to their goals.(they never looked like scoring,the rest of the game)

and I'm sure Bougherra would have added a much needed thrust in mid-field.Remember It's only thought. :craphead:

Well!,maybe with McCulloch at CB today(V Hearts) and Bougherra along side Mendes(exit Barry or Adam)we could have won this game.

I'm pretty sure big Lee would have made a difference with the high balls into our box that led to their goals.(they never looked like scoring,the rest of the game)

and I'm sure Bougherra would have added a much needed thrust in mid-field.Remember It's only thought. :craphead:

Just a thought lads,If Weir and McCulloch were to form a solid partnership,who else thinks that Bougherra would be a fantastic midfielder? :unsure:

who do we drop?

Take your pick john,until Thomson gets back we are always going to be a man short there IMO.

Ferguson has taken Thomsons place, and we also have Davis and Edu, so how are we a man short? <cr>

simple get ferguson tae fuck we aint won a tackle since he came back

Would be harsh to critisice bougherra, after all, Cuellar had a torrid time at tynecastle in the 4-2 game!

And again, near the end, bougherra would do anything to try and get the ball forward, if it meant playing it foward (and not hopeless punts) and actually ended up running down the left wing with the ball (similar to his run against motherwell)

Bougherra would do better with some real full backs and a better centreback around him

Just a thought lads,If Weir and McCulloch were to form a solid partnership,who else thinks that Bougherra would be a fantastic midfielder? :unsure:

who do we drop?

Take your pick john,until Thomson gets back we are always going to be a man short there IMO.

Ferguson has taken Thomsons place, and we also have Davis and Edu, so how are we a man short? <cr>

simple get ferguson tae fuck we aint won a tackle since he came back

Bougherra has stated that he prefers playing mid-field(Hello! does that tell you anything?)and we looked dreadful trying to head the ball out of our area today.

Bougherra never said he prefers playing in midfield.

Paul Sturrock came out and said that he believes Bougherra would be better as a holding midfielder.

He absolutely did Dado, I can't remember where,but I watched an interview where he said:he loved being involved in the other teams half.

Paul Sturrock came out and said that he believes Bougherra would be better as a holding midfielder.

He absolutely did Dado, I can't remember where,but I watched an interview where he said:he loved being involved in the other teams half.

In his interview after signing he said his position was centre back, but he can play in midfield.

The only person to say that it should be his recognised position was Sturrock.

He's gone on record numerous times saying that he wanted to play Bougherra as a midfielder, but Bougherra was never keen on the idea.

In his interview after signing he said his position was centre back, but he can play in midfield.

The only person to say that it should be his recognised position was Sturrock.

He's gone on record numerous times saying that he wanted to play Bougherra as a midfielder, but Bougherra was never keen on the idea.

Obviously we watched a different interview's. No need to argue about it,eh? :craphead:

Moving Bougherra to midfield to accomodate McCulloch would be an absolutely pointless venture.

Why? didn't you watch the pathetic attempts to head the ball out of our area today?Something McCulloch has done with ease in his two starts to date.

Watch the games before you make silly comments please. doh

Moving Bougherra to midfield to accomodate McCulloch would be an absolutely pointless venture.

Why? didn't you watch the pathetic attempts to head the ball out of our area today?Something McCulloch has done with ease in his two starts to date.

If you think Lee McCulloch is better in the air than Madjid Bougherra then you are seriously missing something. Today was Bougherra's first bad game in a Rangers jersey, yet you're now suggesting that we should replace him (despite the fact he's our best defender by a considerable distance) with McCulloch? Bollocks.

If you remember correctly, Cuellar had an absolute shocker against them last year. He also toiled against Nade's aerial ability. Should we have moved him out of defence? No, i don't think we should have either.

It was just one of those games for Bougherra today, but he's shown his aerial strength before. He'll come back from this.

Learn to actually think before you make silly comments please. doh

If you think Lee McCulloch is better in the air than Madjid Bougherra then you are seriously missing something. Today was Bougherra's first bad game in a Rangers jersey, yet you're now suggesting that we should replace him (despite the fact he's our best defender by a considerable distance) with McCulloch? Bollocks.

If you remember correctly, Cuellar had an absolute shocker against them last year. He also toiled against Nade's aerial ability. Should we have moved him out of defence? No, i don't think we should have either.

It was just one of those games for Bougherra today, but he's shown his aerial strength before. He'll come back from this.

But the irony is beautiful haha

Maybe majic and carlos werent as good as we perceive?

I would rather Magic and Lee to be honest, much as i love the guy, i dont have much confidence in Weir

You know something, I loosely agree with pb on this, if not his tone.

I always considered Bougherra relatively poor in the air - take a look at my post history for proof. And I always considered Lee good in the air. His one main strength, in fact.

So who's better in the air - well, I really don't think Lee would have been so easily outmuscled for the first goal.

But we'll never know.