Spaniard makes Gers vow

Chookes

Forgotten Rangers signing Aaron Niguez has vowed to make an impression at Ibrox despite struggling to establish himself in Walter Smith's plans.

Aaron joined Rangers in the summer on a two-year loan from Valencia with the option of a permanent move and he arrived in Glasgow with a huge reputation.

However, the Spanish Under 21 international has failed to make an appearance for the Rangers first team this season, but he is confident he can be a success in Scotland.

"I knew when I came here it would take some time for me to break into the top team. It's a big club and it was never going to be easy for me to go straight in," Aaron told the Daily Record.

"But I haven't lost any of my enthusiasm and believe my chance will come soon. I still hope to make a big impression between now and the end of the season.

"Right now all I can do is work as hard as possible every day in training and try to impress the manager. Hopefully that way I will get my chance.

"I have another 18 months left on my contract with Rangers and I know I can't afford to spend all that time sitting on a bench. It's important for my future that I break into the first team.

"I always thought it might take me until January to settle in and adapt to my new life in Scotland.

"It has always been my aim to do that and then make a big push to get into the team because I must do that if I want to keep my place with the Spanish Under 21s."

Sky Sports

Good attitude young man (tu)!

Oops, just realied Spaniard is mispelt :P!

watched the reserve game vs killie on rangers tv this morning and i thought he done well,a cracking free kick off the post and some good one touch play from him,hes also not afraid to take a man on,he should be at least getting 10-20 mins at the end of games that we are comfortable in (but then again when do we ever win comfortably this season)

watched the reserve game vs killie on rangers tv this morning and i thought he done well,a cracking free kick off the post and some good one touch play from him,hes also not afraid to take a man on,he should be at least getting 10-20 mins at the end of games that we are comfortable in (but then again when do we ever win comfortably this season)

HIBS - 3=0 inverness 5-0 he could have came on in these game for at least 10 or 20 mins

HIBS - 3=0 inverness 5-0 he could have came on in these game for at least 10 or 20 mins

He wasn't on the bench in the 5-0 game against Caley. It would have been the perfect second half for him to get his debut.

I get the impression that the lad is just starting to settle. The brain has always been there, but his fitness has been understandably lacking.

I've seen him twice in two weeks now, once for us where he was really good and once for the Spanish 21's side where he also impressed. He just looks like he has that extra 2 or 3 yards in his locker which he was lacking when he first arrived.

Don't quote me on this, but apparently Durrant thinks that Aaron is a "bit of a donkey".

Just one of those rumors I think though.

were did you hear this he thinks Aarons a donkey but likes fat adam and still plays a fat cunt that canny run canny tackle etc

I didn't believe it if i'm being honest, I just got told by a few people that they had heard it from somebody who was friendly with Durrant. I'm skeptical about this whole "I'm friends with such and such and he told me..." but I was putting this forward as a possible reason why Aaron hasn't featured.

I think if I was Aaron, I'd STILL be looking to get out of Ibrox.

From that interview, it looks to me like he's not going to be staying AT ALL after the loan. Cheers Walt.

Still love the little guy as much as I did the day it was announced we had got him. (tu)

I think if I was Aaron, I'd STILL be looking to get out of Ibrox.

From that interview, it looks to me like he's not going to be staying AT ALL after the loan. Cheers Walt.

Still love the little guy as much as I did the day it was announced we had got him. (tu)

There is absolutely NOTHING in that interview to indicate whether he will stay or leave in 18 months time! <_<

If you want to have a sly dig at Smith, why not choose something real rather than imaginary? <cr>

FTR, Smith said when Aaron signed that he envisioned him playing a part in the 1st team "later in the season" and there's been no reason to change that thinking. Aaron has only started to show some form in the last 2/3 weeks and will feature in the 1st team soon enough.

Or would you rather Smith had played him when he was unfit and off-form?

Maybe I'm being daft, but I think an older Scottish player with exactly the same level of ability as Aaron would have got a run in the team by now.

Why? Aaron has only reached something approaching full fitness in the last few weeks. The last thing he needed was to be thrown in half-fit and off form, especially given the level of abuse he would have received from the uber-critical section of our support. He'd have been written off after a couple of games!