glory days

macka1990

just thinking after seeing another thread with the current climate in football and the growing gulf between the big three leagues and everyone else. even the bundesliga is not v powerful anymore

will eva again see glory days back at rangers or even in scotland. will players the likes of gazza and laurdrup big names eva be attracted to us again or r we too look forward to a future of average championship players, and the occasional uncovered gem being sold half/one season later for a profit.

i personally cant see anyway back, not when the prem and all its money is jus down the road

sad times :(

can anyone convince me otherswise or are we actully doomed to mediocrity??/

The days of Gazza and Laudrup are long gone and will stay that way unless the gravy train derails in England or they get kicked out of Europe again(with the money they generate it would need to be another Heysel).

We have to accept that we are a huge club in a small country and countries bigger than ourselves struggle(France,Russia,Germany,Portugal etc)

Look for the Champions league winners coming from England,Spain or Italy for the forseeable i'm afraid.

The UEFA cup is our Champions league now......make our money in the group stages then drop into the UEFA and go on a run is the best we and most of Europe can hope for.

The days of Gazza and Laudrup are long gone and will stay that way unless the gravy train derails in England or they get kicked out of Europe again(with the money they generate it would need to be another Heysel).

We have to accept that we are a huge club in a small country and countries bigger than ourselves struggle(France,Russia,Germany,Portugal etc)

Look for the Champions league winners coming from England,Spain or Italy for the forseeable i'm afraid.

The UEFA cup is our Champions league now......make our money in the group stages then drop into the UEFA and go on a run is the best we and most of Europe can hope for.

It's unfortunate but right. I still think with a few additions and a bit of luck we should be aiming for CL knockout stages though.