Should we think twice before slagging Timmy's away record in the CL?

papaguy51

I've never had as little faith in a Rangers team to win away from Ibrox as I now have in this one.

Was really up for it this morning and felt like we were going to win, but that result has proved everything to me.

When was the last time we won three away games in a row? Must be years ago.

Let's not mince words - the pro Walter crew on here will stoutly defend this result, they must feel like it's their duty. But I need you ask them, what is it going to take for you to realise the problems?

Hearts done us a fucking MASSIVE favour this week, if the Tic had won then we would quite literally be one loss away from losing the league again. We really should be sitting two points behind Celtic and going into the OF game at Ibrox with the chance to go at least 1 point above them.

But hey, it's Walter and everything will be alright doh

Our SPL away record is shocking at the moment.

But don't compare it to the Scum CL as they have never won away yet.

But its about time our team get their act together thats 7 points dropped in the last 3 away games.

But its about time our team get their act together thats 7 points dropped in the last 3 away games.

I think it is comparable in terms of quality of teams played.

Only in the group stages and they've still reached the last 16 more times than us. Its a record our fans gloat about far too much, in the end i couldn't care less about europe, its the league we need and have needed for nearly 4 years.

Only in the group stages and they've still reached the last 16 more times than us. Its a record our fans gloat about far too much, in the end i couldn't care less about europe, its the league we need and have needed for nearly 4 years.

Can't agree more, I dread to even think of that mhanky lot getting 4IAR

How can you slag Celtic's away European record when:

They were in the competition

Have made £15 million from "embarrassing" themselves

Have won the league 5 times in the last 7 years

That's my point exactly.

How can you slag Celtic's away European record when:

They were in the competition

Have made £15 million from "embarrassing" themselves

Have won the league 5 times in the last 7 years

And as i mentioned above reached the knock out stages more than we have. Our away record is certainly better than theirs with the great wins we got in Monaco, Eindhoven and Lyon but sadly we don't have all that brilliant a home record.

I have never slagged their away record in the CL - and I never will

I just put a stack of money on the team they are playing and so far I am happy with my returns

I am more concerned with the way we lose goals at the moment - our defending is attrocious

In all fairness, Celtic have been losing against Man Utd, Milan, Barca etc.

We've been dropping points against Motherwell, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd.

Oh, and Hearts.

(tu)

Exactly...I mean its funny to see them suffer so much away in the CL, but losing against the teams you mentioned isn't anything to be proud of. It is peculiar, that we can put on great performances at Celtic Park and Easter Road, but lay eggs at Love Street. It's a shame to, I think if we had at least a passable away record, we would be in good shape to win the league.

I have thought this for a long while but didn't want to bring it up as there are some morons on this forum that accuse you of being a Tim if you mention anything negative against our team that is linked with Celtic.

They have a decent record away from home in the SPL and that wins them titles. Simple as that. We have a great record at home that clubs should fear yet away from home we are there for the taking. We need to get this sorted out ASAP if we are to go for the title.

When it really comes down to it, making fun of their away record in the CL is a bit stupid. Today the 'you'll never win away' song went up, and I sang along, partly because it helped me forget about the futility of our own situation. The 'you'll never win the league' chant is even more ridiculous, considering the situation we find ourselves in.

On the other hand, we can beat teams like Lyon away (and not a lucky 95th minute 1-0 like they would get).

I'm a fan of Walter but there is nothing to defend about these away results really. St. Mirren, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee United :no: embarrassing tbh. Sure, we can look to the Beasley goal at Aberdeen and the wrong offside against Boyd at Motherwell but the games should be finished before then. I wasn't surprised when DU took the lead against us. I still think we'll win the league though (tu)

Just going through the stats there.

Our away record last year was actually pretty good, up until Celtic beat us 2-1 at their place.

Since then, it's been just woeful.

The 2-1 game was the one that finished us. I honestly believe if we'd won (or even drawn) that game we'd have won 4 trophies last season.

I've just posted similar in a different thread, then remembered that this thread was here. I just don't get the original question at all.

In a record stretching back to 2001, Celtic have never won a Champions League game away from home. We have, they haven't. Ever.

We shouldn't mention this because we are having a poor season away from home? <cr> I just don't get that at all. I thought it was our job to slag them for their poor records, and their job to slag us for ours. Fact is for all the wrist-cutting melodrama about our (admittedly terrible) away performance, we are still in touch in the league, and are two home wins away from being 1 point behind at worst.

Let the tims slag us for our SPL away performance if they want, I'm not going to do their job for them.

:rangers:

I have more important things to worry about than slagging and laughing at celtc's away form in Europe.

We should worry about our away record in the SPL, especially to the top 6 before even thinking about them.

I have more important things to worry about than slagging and laughing at celtc's away form in Europe.

We should worry about our away record in the SPL, especially to the top 6 before even thinking about them.

Can't you manage both? :unsure:

No, celtc's form in Europe does not bother me in the slightest.