Boyd

Chef

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year i did keep saying he'd do well in the end even when he was doing shite.

If he plays shite i will say it though.

I'm confused McBoyd, is it one or the other?

Yes, LAST YEAR i had confidence in him, even when he was doing shite, i said he did shite but said he'd get better. I still said he did shite at certain parts of the game, or his lazyness.

This year if he does shite, i just say he does shite, but give praise where its due.

Simple really.

You don't win games because you're scoring goals

FPMSL :lol:

Aye right.

Wow, i wish i could debate like you.

Aw you do? :blush:

I wish i could make a clanger of a statement like you did :lol:

Clanger of a statement? It was actually The Guardians senior sports writer, Barney Ronay, who coined the phrase.

Never you mind though, instead of actually contributing to the Bears Den, you just keep plugging away at posts you disagree with with your patronising wee emoticons. :)

Clanger of a statement? It was actually The Guardians senior sports writer, Barney Ronay, who coined the phrase.

Never you mind though, instead of actually contributing to the Bears Den, you just keep plugging away at posts you disagree with with your patronising wee emoticons. :)

Well the guys talking shite then IMO, you can't win games without scoring goals. doh

Contributing? I am, just because theres a group of you that always disagree and i disagree with in turn doesn't mean i am not contributing.

Oh ok, you got me, in future i'll lick all your arses and just agree with everything you say (tu)

Ok, were away to Celtc Park, Tannadice, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Fir Park, Camp Nou, Mestilla, Dragao....we know what to expect, it's going to be a tight game and we know that the teams we play against have two big physical centre halves. You know what we are like in games like this, we start to panick and launch the ball. Who would you rather play, Kris Boyd or as Cousin type player?

The games against Hearts and 65 minutes against Dundee United prove that we'd be better of with a Cousin type.

You don't win games because you're scoring goals, you score goals because you're winning games.

Ok lets look at this..

You DONT win games because you are scoring goals?

You score goals because you are winning games?

Ok, take the 0-0 against Baracelona last year, Cousin missed that end of the game effort by a little, if that had went in, we'd have won the game.

We didn't win the game on the rest of the park, but we scored the goal and won it.

That above statement then would be shite.

You don't win games because you're scoring goals, you score goals because you're winning games.

Ok lets look at this..

You DONT win games because you are scoring goals?

You score goals because you are winning games?

Ok, take the 0-0 against Baracelona last year, Cousin missed that end of the game effort by a little, if that had went in, we'd have won the game.

We didn't win the game on the rest of the park, but we scored the goal and won it.

That above statement then would be shite.

How did I know you'd pick a Cousin miss instead of a Boyd miss.

Thats not Boyd fault though, thats because we have a team almost void of real quality.

If we could get crosses in the box in these games, Boyd would find space to score the goals against any of these sides.

As against Barca etc we will inevitably be backs against the wall it doesnt make sense to play an out n out goalscorer so you would go with a different type of player, but not necessarily a better one

It seems ludicrously stupid that anyone would want to sell the SPL's top scorer for a player that only played a game against Celtic.

I would rather have a player banging them in almost every week, than a player who played four times a season.

Thats not Boyd fault though, thats because we have a team almost void of real quality.

If we could get crosses in the box in these games, Boyd would find space to score the goals against any of these sides.

As against Barca etc we will inevitably be backs against the wall it doesnt make sense to play an out n out goalscorer so you would go with a different type of player, but not necessarily a better one

Any defender would rather play against a Boyd than against a Cousin.

If you mark Boyd effectively, he's not going to turn round and leave you black and blue in an attempt to get the ball. Mark him effectively, and you'll nulify him.

You're always bound to lose a goal due to his excellent finishing technique and ability find space in the box, but he's not physically going to make a goal out of nothing.

If you're playing against a Cousin, Hugo Almeida, Drogba or even Rooney though, as a defender you're in danger of getting battered trying to defend.

And doing my best not to blame Boyd for that, it's something we sorely miss in our team as neither Boyd or Miller are capable of doing it.

It always makes me laugh when the pro-Boyd group pick up on Cousin's bad attitude.

It angers me that they pursue the need to attack other players in order to make Boyd look better.

I agree (I know that isnt the done thing on a Boyd thread haha), at the same time, its just as bad those who refuse to give any credit. Also, using terms like "pro-player x" is very sad, and, well, a bit primary school

Ok, were away to Celtc Park, Tannadice, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Fir Park, Camp Nou, Mestilla, Dragao....we know what to expect, it's going to be a tight game and we know that the teams we play against have two big physical centre halves. You know what we are like in games like this, we start to panick and launch the ball. Who would you rather play, Kris Boyd or as Cousin type player?

The games against Hearts and 65 minutes against Dundee United prove that we'd be better of with a Cousin type.

I'd keep the ball on the deck and sort out defensive problems, because if we did, we would have won the games, but I would probably play miller in the end

At those ones, with the rest of our current squad, I dont think it matters, the ball wont get to the striker, sadly

You don't win games because you're scoring goals

FPMSL :lol:

Aye right.

Wow, i wish i could debate like you.

Aw you do? :blush:

I wish i could make a clanger of a statement like you did :lol:

Afternoon fella, hope your well

Well, in the chaps defence, he perhaps is an uber fan of a certain player, but, thats a little harsh, there are far more who for me, do not contribute, by way of purely negative nonsense, in unrelated threads, and, you have to say, at least McBoyds are amusing, and, I prefer to see a bear speaking positively about players and the club, rather than sounding like they hate all the players and the management team, and the club. Its also quite sad having to defend our own players against fellow fans.

:)

I'd keep the ball on the deck and sort out defensive problems, because if we did, we would have won the games, but I would probably play miller in the end

But you know what we are like, we can't keep the ball on the deck when a match becoems tight, like it does in these encounters, we continually launch the ball to Boyd, which is utterly pointless. The last two away matches are a perfect example, it happens all the time. Now that's not Boyd's fault but a Cousin 'type' player would be so much more effective.

It always makes me laugh when the pro-Boyd group pick up on Cousin's bad attitude.

It angers me that they pursue the need to attack other players in order to make Boyd look better.

I agree (I know that isnt the done thing on a Boyd thread haha), at the same time, its just as bad those who refuse to give any credit. Also, using terms like "pro-player x" is very sad, and, well, a bit primary school

Pro-Boyd wasn't the best choice of words I'll admit, but it wasn't intended to be patronising or 'primary school' as you put it. It's still a better alternative than '___ hater' or '___ lover'.

lad's why bother with this. there is no chance anyone will bid over £2 million for boyd because he's just not worth it, the talk of him going to the premier league is a joke!

at the pre season game against chelsea it was humiliating watching terry mark him, my gran would have competed better.

kris boyd can play in the spl against poor teams when he is not required to be an actual footballer. yes he can wait around the box and get chances but that's only because he plays for the strongest team in a weak league. no other league in the world has these type of players these days, look at michael owens demise. look at the way real madrid fans are worried about huntelaar because he 'just scores' and huntelaar's touch, movement and strength are 50X better than boyd's.

the simple fact is rangers tried to find a buyer for boyd in the summer and they coudn't punt him for 1.5 million.

he's in a great postion at ranges, surrounded by mates, no need to work hard, get goals against diddy teams and even if the team wins nothing he will be hero-worshipped by no knowledge neanderthals like mcboyd.

he made out he was taking a big stand against burley but smith never ever plays him in europe or against celtic and he says nothing? why?? because he is on easy street and he like his boyfriend fergie couldn't survive away from the west of scotland.

the simple fact is rangers tried to find a buyer for boyd in the summer and they coudn't punt him for 1.5 million.

Let's not let blind hatered get in the way of facts now.

Cardiff had a 2.5 million pound bid for him knocked back because we were rumoured to value him in the 3.5 million bracket.

Let's not let blind hatered get in the way of facts now.

Cardiff had a 2.5 million pound bid for him knocked back because we were rumoured to value him in the 3.5 million bracket.

that's not true, cardiff never had 2.5 million to spend on any player, hence them taking mccormack for free and chopra on loan. i know for a fact that boyds agent was told to find him a club and couldn't. i know this because i know a young player who is with the same agent.

he made out he was taking a big stand against burley but smith never ever plays him in europe or against celtic and he says nothing? why?? because he is on easy street and he like his boyfriend fergie couldn't survive away from the west of scotland.

Theres a difference numpty, he quit scotland and took the stand THIS YEAR, after the celtic/europe matches you talk of.

If you're playing against a Cousin, Hugo Almeida, Drogba or even Rooney though, as a defender you're in danger of getting battered trying to defend.

I can't believe you are rating Cousin in the same sentence as them lot :lol:

Afternoon fella, hope your well

Well, in the chaps defence, he perhaps is an uber fan of a certain player, but, thats a little harsh, there are far more who for me, do not contribute, by way of purely negative nonsense, in unrelated threads, and, you have to say, at least McBoyds are amusing, and, I prefer to see a bear speaking positively about players and the club, rather than sounding like they hate all the players and the management team, and the club. Its also quite sad having to defend our own players against fellow fans.

:)

Well im not a uber fan of him, i am a fan of him though, but i dont go around wearing BOYD shirts and chanting his name.

I only look more of an 'uber fan' because this board seems to like being negative and wants to sell our top scorer doh

Theres a difference numpty, he quit scotland and took the stand THIS YEAR, after the celtic/europe matches you talk of.

I can't believe you are rating Cousin in the same sentence as them lot :lol:

so if the same thing happens in the remaining old firm games he will walk out on rangers and sign for who??? preston? coventry? tamworth?