Anybody connected to the grapevine?

*Manticore*

Apologies for another aideninhio thread but I was just wondering if anybody has heard what aids said to wgs on Saturday:

McGeady's personal insult towards his manager, repeated six times after Saturday's 1-1 draw against Hearts

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...tely_suffer.php

Anybody know/ heard rumours?

Or care to guess?

I'd go for 'Orange Bassa'.

update ET

And it is believed that unless there is a full apology from the player then he could be on his way out of the club.

McGeady will almost certainly be fined two weeks wages, believed to be around the £30,000 mark, for his outburst at Gordon Strachan in front of his team-mates in the dressing room after Saturday's draw with Hearts.

Sources have revealed that the heaviest criticism was dished out from the manager to Georgios Samaras, Scott Brown and Gary Caldwell. But when McGeady came in for some stick he let fly and reportedly hit back at Strachan with a particular insult of a personal nature that was repeated up to six times.

The Celtic manager took McGeady into one of the medical rooms at Parkhead where the spat continued.

And unless there is an astonishing climbdown on McGeady's part, it is difficult to see just how the situation can be resolved.

Disagreement between the pair is nothing new. Both are opinionated and outspoken characters and tension between them is inevitable. But Strachan's irritation at what he perceives as the player's unwillingness to take direction has been simmering for some time, while McGeady sees himself cast as the whipping boy in dressing room discussions.

After August's Old Firm defeat, McGeady was left out of a first-team meeting and the truce that was called between the pair after that has proved to be only of the temporary variety.

Celtic have insisted that the matter will be dealt with internally, although the evidence would suggest that this is the point of no return for McGeady with a number of English clubs alerted to a possible sale.

Strachan has already come down hard on former Celt Derek Riordan when he slated him in a newspaper article last year, while Bobo Balde has also been frozen out by him. Artur Boruc has also been disciplined by the manager.

McGeady was due back at Lennoxtown today after a day off yesterday.

David Holbrook, one of the player's representatives, tried to play down the rift, but there is no question that McGeady's future at Celtic is in serious doubt

Evening Times today

Celtic have insisted that the matter will be dealt with internally, although the evidence would suggest that this is the point of no return for McGeady with a number of English clubs alerted to a possible sale.

:mutley: Bayern have cooled off then?

No idea.

Note - tenuous link - watched the X-Factor on Saturday with my kids who were puzzled at me describing the wee boy from Ireland as looking like "Aiden McGeady's Love Donkey".

"What is a Love Donkey Dad....?"

"Er, it is what ugly traitorous Celtic kants fornicate with".

Now they know!

:mutley: Bayern have cooled off then?

maybe Chesney and McGeady have orchestrated all this so they can move to Sunderland together :mutley:

Will be interesting to see if strapon has the guts to drop wee aids for the next game or two. If not, I'm sure the Captain will have him in his pocket again.

he's done it before and it looks like Chesney is raging so Celtic will be without Mcgripy and Maloney

Clyde said another player leaked the story it seems other players are sick of his attitude as well. Normally this kind of thing should stay in the dressing room.

I heard a few players got blasted and just took it on the chin but McGeady gave lip back that went over the top

Guest Andypendek

Do we really think he came out with some cutting banter, leaving Strachan sobbing? The guy is virtually inarticulate, my money would be on 'you're a fud by the way,' followed up by that annoying nasal whinny neds do.

In all seriousness, apparently Garry Pendrey has been wanting to get rid of him from day one.

I've also heard that Tommy Burns was always the peacemaker between the two. Since his death the shit has hit the fan, or so it seems.