Steve Conroy's decision not to award us a penalty

papaguy51

It WASNT a penalty according to the rules of the game which state it must be deliberate and Bamba wasnt even looking at the ball IMHO.

Having said that, most referees ignore this part of the rule and award penalties in that situation.

The guy hadnt a clue so in this instance, Conroy got it right. (tu)

I felt Whittakers was probably a penalty and the blame lies with the linesman on that one.

PS - Conroy is 100% Celtic fan. Ive shared a beer with him. (tu)

Guest Andypendek

Fuxake - there has to be intent in playing the ball with your arm/hand, if you're telling me Bamba could predict where the ball was going to go off Weir's head and placed his arm there before auld Davie nodded it...if he had pyschic powers like that, you'd think his positioning would be better!

Just saw it tonight and can't believe it wasn't given ... since when has an arm above the players head hitting the ball away been in a "natural position" <_<

That's what I'm basing my original moan on.

It really is a stonewaller, his hands were up at his ears!

He is an awful ref, i think that bawbag Brines that we had at Dundee Utd is far worse though, games just get out of control and he books player just to even things up.

I think the whittaker foul was just outside the box.

I think the most baffling decision of the whole game was when nish got played through and was miles offside, i was inline with it at the time and couldnt believe the lino kept his flag down