Get e mailing

bluesnaw

Daily Record,

I hope you have the nerve to print in your letters pages how and ordinary football fan feels about the state of affairs when a highly paid represenative resorts to scraping the barrel for God knows what ends? But I doubt it!

Mr. Matheson,

Well, we now have a perfect example of why my taxes dutifully collected by HM Government’s representative creates so much resentment in my household.

Channeling over inflated wages to a parliamentary representative who has nothing better to do with his time than rake up very dubious origins of a kid’s ditty for the sole purpose of demonizing a particular group of individuals within our society, is particularly distasteful.

I’ve even heard it suggested by some individuals that such actions have sinister motives, and are, at the very least, bigoted, discriminatory and sectarian in themselves.

I personally think it is merely misguided… but nevertheless, I am deeply offended by the suggestion that I, as a football fanm, would sing this song for any other reason than originally intended - a pointless ditty sung at kid's parties, and a terracing wind up.

As a senior engineering manager for a leading manufacturer, educated to master’s degree level, holding graduate status In two professional bodies, I take exception to sinister, agenda-driven clowns like you sullying my good name and demand an apology!

Not only that, I demand that you and your cohorts stop blackening the name of Scotland with your unfounded accusations that this country is a hotbed of sectarianism and bigotry.

Do we have a problem? Of course we do, but it is far from the major issue that you and certain other members of the government see as a problem… as has been proved time and time again.

In fact, I am - as are many others - beginning to wonder why you and “certain other” members of the Scottish establishment continue with this relentless attack at the very heart of the Scottish people.

There seems to be a ground swell of opinion that your motives have far more sinister overtones, and form the greater part of a wider conspiracy. Quite what I don’t know yet, but at this stage I am reluctantly still willing to accept that your actions were infantile at best, but my patience is wearing thin.

It would suit you and your ineffective poodles if you were to set about tackling some of the real shame in this country - something you are paid handsomely to do, but seem to avoid like the plague.

I need not remind you of the current economic strife that blights our lives at the minute. Not withstanding the hundred of thousands of kids living in poverty in Scotland in 2008, which you‘ve done nothing to change. Couple that with record levels of unemployment created by your ilk, and you have enough work to keep a politician in employment for decades to come.

Our streets are awash with drug dealers living off the fruits of their ill-gotten gains, where primary school kids are being targeted by the very same dealers, while the police turn the other away seemingly more preoccupied with the misdemeanors of your average motorist.

We have women living in fear of being raped twice - once by the perpetrator, and then by a legal system that treats them like something you’d scrape off the sole of your shoe.

At a time when crime figures have never been higher, our jails are bursting at the seams with criminals . Gun crime on the rise, daily muggings, aggravated burglary at one of its highest levels for decades , fraud, theft, depressing drink driving statistics that get no better year on year, rampant child abuse being covered up with impunity, violence in the home at record levels, reports of increased gang activity in our inner cities, and so the list goes on ad nauseam.

The education system is turning our highest levels of illiteracy since records began, and your lot are dumbing down the curriculum and test criterion in order to compensate and massage the figures.

I could go on!

It would fit you better if you were refocusing on the real issues would it not?. I need not remind you (and I certainly won’t forget come election time) that your majority is hardly the stuff of safe seats.

XXXXX XXXXXX

ps

I'm willing to debate this with you in public any time - your choice of venue and time.

Daily Record,

I hope you have the nerve to print in your letters pages how and ordinary football fan feels about the state of affairs when a highly paid represenative resorts to scraping the barrel for God knows what ends? But I doubt it!

Mr. Matheson,

Well, we now have a perfect example of why my taxes dutifully collected by HM Government’s representative creates so much resentment in my household.

Channeling over inflated wages to a parliamentary representative who has nothing better to do with his time than rake up very dubious origins of a kid’s ditty for the sole purpose of demonizing a particular group of individuals within our society, is particularly distasteful.

I’ve even heard it suggested by some individuals that such actions have sinister motives, and are, at the very least, bigoted, discriminatory and sectarian in themselves.

I personally think it is merely misguided… but nevertheless, I am deeply offended by the suggestion that I, as a football fanm, would sing this song for any other reason than originally intended - a pointless ditty sung at kid's parties, and a terracing wind up.

As a senior engineering manager for a leading manufacturer, educated to master’s degree level, holding graduate status In two professional bodies, I take exception to sinister, agenda-driven clowns like you sullying my good name and demand an apology!

Not only that, I demand that you and your cohorts stop blackening the name of Scotland with your unfounded accusations that this country is a hotbed of sectarianism and bigotry.

Do we have a problem? Of course we do, but it is far from the major issue that you and certain other members of the government see as a problem… as has been proved time and time again.

In fact, I am - as are many others - beginning to wonder why you and “certain other” members of the Scottish establishment continue with this relentless attack at the very heart of the Scottish people.

There seems to be a ground swell of opinion that your motives have far more sinister overtones, and form the greater part of a wider conspiracy. Quite what I don’t know yet, but at this stage I am reluctantly still willing to accept that your actions were infantile at best, but my patience is wearing thin.

It would suit you and your ineffective poodles if you were to set about tackling some of the real shame in this country - something you are paid handsomely to do, but seem to avoid like the plague.

I need not remind you of the current economic strife that blights our lives at the minute. Not withstanding the hundred of thousands of kids living in poverty in Scotland in 2008, which you‘ve done nothing to change. Couple that with record levels of unemployment created by your ilk, and you have enough work to keep a politician in employment for decades to come.

Our streets are awash with drug dealers living off the fruits of their ill-gotten gains, where primary school kids are being targeted by the very same dealers, while the police turn the other away seemingly more preoccupied with the misdemeanors of your average motorist.

We have women living in fear of being raped twice - once by the perpetrator, and then by a legal system that treats them like something you’d scrape off the sole of your shoe.

At a time when crime figures have never been higher, our jails are bursting at the seams with criminals . Gun crime on the rise, daily muggings, aggravated burglary at one of its highest levels for decades , fraud, theft, depressing drink driving statistics that get no better year on year, rampant child abuse being covered up with impunity, violence in the home at record levels, reports of increased gang activity in our inner cities, and so the list goes on ad nauseam.

The education system is turning our highest levels of illiteracy since records began, and your lot are dumbing down the curriculum and test criterion in order to compensate and massage the figures.

I could go on!

It would fit you better if you were refocusing on the real issues would it not?. I need not remind you (and I certainly won’t forget come election time) that your majority is hardly the stuff of safe seats.

XXXXX XXXXXX

ps

I'm willing to debate this with you in public any time - your choice of venue and time.

Superb letter mate! :rangers:

Daily Record,

Mr. Matheson,

I could go on!

XXXXX XXXXXX

ps

:clap:

Sadly you will get nowhere.

I disagree, firstly it is better than sitting and wringing our hands saying it wont make a difference. Their lot have been able to get where they have because their so called "support" have done just this. This letter was well written with many well thought out points. Kudos where they are due. We now have to begin to think smarter and reply in this way. I have been completing some research and am going to compose a letter myself to send off to several outlets...the Scottish tourist board included...it is homecoming year coming up, do you REALLY think they want this blowing wide open and Scotland being made a laughing stock worldwide? That is what is happening now and in the present economy they cannot afford this.

This excuse for an msp will be blitzed with letters and emails now as will many of the media outlets, we have to think outside of the box and go for the people/outlets that will have the most impact. We are good people and it is time to make ourselves be heard. I am not expecting this to come from Ibrox as it is not something of their creation, we are more than capable of putting an end to this. We can and will succeed.

Having a defeatist attitude does no one any good and does not solve anything.

Sadly you will get nowhere.

I disagree, firstly it is better than sitting and wringing our hands saying it wont make a difference. Their lot have been able to get where they have because their so called "support" have done just this. This letter was well written with many well thought out points. Kudos where they are due. We now have to begin to think smarter and reply in this way. I have been completing some research and am going to compose a letter myself to send off to several outlets...the Scottish tourist board included...it is homecoming year coming up, do you REALLY think they want this blowing wide open and Scotland being made a laughing stock worldwide? That is what is happening now and in the present economy they cannot afford this.

This excuse for an msp will be blitzed with letters and emails now as will many of the media outlets, we have to think outside of the box and go for the people/outlets that will have the most impact. We are good people and it is time to make ourselves be heard. I am not expecting this to come from Ibrox as it is not something of their creation, we are more than capable of putting an end to this. We can and will succeed.

Having a defeatist attitude does no one any good and does not solve anything.

(tu) very well said