Leeds appoint Simon Grayson

Muff

Simon Grayson has been appointed the new manager of Leeds United.

The 39-year-old joins the club after a six-year stint at Blackpool, first as a player then as manager, during which he guided the Seasiders to their highest league placing for over 40 years.

Grayson presided over the Blackpool side which won the League One Play-Off final in 2007 to secure Championship status.

The Yorkshireman also enjoyed a 17-year playing career that saw him make over 500 career appearances.

Simon started his career at Elland Road as an apprentice and made two senior appearances for the club before joining Leicester City in 1992.

From Leicester he enjoyed successful stints in the Premier League with Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers before loan spells with Sheffield Wednesday, Stockport County, Notts County, and Bradford City.

His playing career ended after a century of appearances for Blackpool when, following a successful spell as player-caretaker manager he was handed the managerial job on a permanent basis in the summer of 2006.

Grayson takes over at Leeds United with immediate effect.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNews...1497634,00.html

Could be a good move for them, theyve probably got the best squad in that division so no reason why they shouldn't be looking at automatic promotion.

what you make of it muff?

Might try sign him for Leeds?

Good point, even though they are a division below I'd say Leeds are still a better prospect than Blackpool.

Much nicer place to live too.

He did well with a limited budget at Blackpool and did pretty well after having to sell some of their better players.

Did he not fall out with Leeds and the support during his unsuccessful time as a manager?

I hope he takes Gow with him as I want him off the books at Rangers.

disappointing to draw his first game, i like leeds, their fall from grace was a shame. he has done a good job at blackpool and and is a leeds fan, so it could work out. gow might go, leeds are a huge club, even if it is a lower division