Come on Walter give the youngsters a chance

dummiesoot

Seriously we have no flair, get them on the park let them play let us see what they can do. There is no point in losing the league again by playing players that just are not up to the mark, c'mon blood the youngsters, then at least we may be able to see progress.

IF we are accepting the league is over then I agree

However not sure what we are achieving because if we think there are 3-4 young guys who offer an improvement on what we have then its the blue tinted specs i am afraid

By all means play em at times but lets not do it for the sake of it eh?

However not sure what we are achieving because if we think there are 3-4 young guys who offer an improvement on what we have then its the blue tinted specs i am afraid

At least we would then hopefully play players in the correct positions.

To be fair though, they can't do a worse job than some of the players we have been playing.

Not a chance in hell that smith will play youngsters !

Remember years ago, we had the scottish u/18 captain, english u/18 captain, best young NI international, a reserve team that had an eventual 7 full internationals and hardly one of themn ever got a look in. Hes a wank and needs to go. Everyone sprouts about the money that murray wont spend, but lets look in our own backyard and give some good young boys a go. Fergi at Man U did it and proved everyone wrong. Smioth has neglected young potential for decades.

Smith is a weak prick and must go. Smith=No future for Rangers !

If Walter was in Strachans position, i have no doubt that with the injuries and suspensions etc they have he would have played either someone half fit or out of position instead of Mizuno.

He would rather play a guy who he has already told he can leave, a failed striker/centre mid/right mid/left mid/defender, a stiker/right winger or a player who has shown this season he is very very poor at left mid, all at left mid over one of the hottest young players in europe who is desperate to show how good he is.

<cr>

well a would have

Wilson in for Broadfoot

Efram in for Adam

at least

but what if we play youth and we get beat then we get on their back for bad perfrormences, I am all for playing youth

As much as I hate Rangers gettin beat, Id rather see young boys being given the chance and educate them than stickin with shyte like were watchin the noo.

This always crops up after we suffer a morale draining defeat.

I agree with a few of them, Fleck and McMillian being the obvious ones,getting a chance but we still have to be careful.

This time last year we were calling for guys like Furman, Lennon, Loy, Shinnie and Lowing to be given a chance and they didn't.

All of them have now gone out on loan, and so far, only Furman has shown that he could make it at Rangers IMO.

Stepping up from youth team football to the real thing is a lot harder than some people make it out to be.

This always crops up after we suffer a morale draining defeat.

I agree with a few of them, Fleck and McMillian being the obvious ones,getting a chance but we still have to be careful.

This time last year we were calling for guys like Furman, Lennon, Loy, Shinnie and Lowing to be given a chance and they didn't.

All of them have now gone out on loan, and so far, only Furman has shown that he could make it at Rangers IMO.

Stepping up from youth team football to the real thing is a lot harder than some people make it out to be.

Ok fair point, however, these young boys are only as good as these boys play with. With all due respect to the teams that they have gone too on loan, they are not going to be playing with guys like Pedro, weir and davis are they, who could bring these boys on? Its like the old Fleck Rooney comparisons, would Rooney have become the player he is today if Moyes sent him on loan at Swansea for instance? No, he gave him a chance and flourished. Still remeber the goal rooney scored against the greatest arsenal team in the last century when he was 16. The rest is history as someone once said.

Fleck and Aaron need to be thrown in and given a chance to flourish. Aaron has CL experience FFS and Fleck is spoited as the best young scottish talent since Dalglish FFS !

Seriously we have no flair, get them on the park let them play let us see what they can do. There is no point in losing the league again by playing players that just are not up to the mark, c'mon blood the youngsters, then at least we may be able to see progress.

No chance.

As Minstral put it quite correctly, he stubbornly stuck to his old boys when we were going for 10IAR. And that lost us the league that year.

And while Ferguson isn't what he was, it was DA whose first act was to let him in and give him a 5 year deal. Smith would have shipped him out Barry Nicholson style if he'd had the chance.

Youth will NOT get a chance under Smith unless he signs it from another club - such as Lafferty who is only 22 I think and not doing too well.

Guys like Fleck, Aaron etc have no chance because that's not what Walter does.

I hope Aaron leaves us to go back to Valencia.

I really don't want our club to be seen ruining one of Spain's hottest Under-21 prospects, it would look terrible.

I noticed a few Valencia fans talking about bringing Aaron back to the Mestalla on their forum the other day, they're desperate to see him.

I wouldn't object to sending him back either. Taking youngsters on loan from the big boys in Spain could help us out for years and years to come. If Aaron isn't going to be used, then send him back so we don't portray a bad image when it comes to future dealings.

Two lads that should be given a chance in the next few weeks, two players who would do no worse, infact they'd do a lot better than the current players in their position - Aaron and McMillan. Although Aaron is not a LW, he'd offer a lot more than the likes of Adam, McCulloch and Lafferty. You could see that Papac, Mendes, Ferguson and even Weir had faith in him and wanted to get the ball to him as much as possible.

Fleck is another one - he's proved that he can handle it in the 1st team in the brief minutes he's played in.

Sadly there is no chance of Waltersauras giving them the nod. Strachan has at least had the balls to try it.

I hope Aaron leaves us to go back to Valencia.

I really don't want our club to be seen ruining one of Spain's hottest Under-21 prospects, it would look terrible.

I noticed a few Valencia fans talking about bringing Aaron back to the Mestalla on their forum the other day, they're desperate to see him.

I wouldn't object to sending him back either. Taking youngsters on loan from the big boys in Spain could help us out for years and years to come. If Aaron isn't going to be used, then send him back so we don't portray a bad image when it comes to future dealings.

What was the point of bringing the boy over and giving no first team games FFS, He could have stayed in Spain and played in their reserves. Heard a wee rumour that Valencia not too happy at the situation and who can blame them