Has Boyd blown it?

Muff

Boyd doesnt score in one match and is being slated again....

some people are never happy.

where would we be in the league just now if Boydy wouldnt have rattled all those goals home?

The common response to that is that if Boyd hadn't been playing we'd apparently have created more chances as a team. In all the matches Boyd has scored in this season though i didn't personally think he held us back attacking wise, so its not an arguement i agree with.

thats not what i asked....

i asked where would rangers be in the league without his 18 goals....??? scary to think isnt it.

KRIS BOYD LOYAL!!!

My main concern is Rangers, i have my favourite players like anyone else but at the end of the day i just want my club to succeed. I like Boyd because i feel he makes a significent contribution to my club with his goals, but if we win without Boyd playing ie Celtic 4-2 i'm just as happy.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd doesnt score in one match and is being slated again....

some people are never happy.

where would we be in the league just now if Boydy wouldnt have rattled all those goals home?

The common response to that is that if Boyd hadn't been playing we'd apparently have created more chances as a team. In all the matches Boyd has scored in this season though i didn't personally think he held us back attacking wise, so its not an arguement i agree with.

thats not what i asked....

i asked where would rangers be in the league without his 18 goals....??? scary to think isnt it.

KRIS BOYD LOYAL!!!

My main concern is Rangers, i have my favourite players like anyone else but at the end of the day i just want my club to succeed. I like Boyd because i feel he makes a significent contribution to my club with his goals, but if we win without Boyd playing ie Celtic 4-2 i'm just as happy.

spot on (tu)

At Parkhead we scored 4 goals. The midfield was the same, besides Thomson in for Ferguson. We had no wingers, it was Adam and Davis wide. Yet we score 4 goals. The only real difference to the dynamic of that side was playing Boyd up top.

I posted the following the other day, and nobody managed to give me an answer:

"Looking back over the last couple of years, what have our best performances been ? I'd suggest that last season 3-0 over Celtic at Ibrox, 3-0 in Lyon, 2-1 at Easter Road, 4-0 at Tynecastle, 2-0 v Bremen, 2-0 in Lisbon and this season 4-2 at Parkhead and 3-0 at Easter Road.

Those were all excellent performances and we scored plenty of goals. Yet Kris Boyd did not start in any of those matches. Can anyone name me even 3 games, over the course of Kris Boyd's entire Rangers career, against any level of opposition, where the team has functioned to that level with Kris Boyd in the starting line up ?"

dont need no helmet bro

its a serious question to the ppl who slate him week in week out

where would we be in the league if he never scored his 18 goals this season....

2nd in the league - it's a team game (tu)

lol we beat them 4-2 woopie doo... we are still 7 points behind mate and theres 4 pages on here slating our and the spl's top goal scorer....

its pathetic.

I know that result didn't mean much in the long run, i'm just using it as an example to say that even although i am a Kris Boyd fan my main concern is Rangers winning.

At Parkhead we scored 4 goals. The midfield was the same, besides Thomson in for Ferguson. We had no wingers, it was Adam and Davis wide. Yet we score 4 goals. The only real difference to the dynamic of that side was playing Boyd up top.

"Looking back over the last couple of years, what have our best performances been ? I'd suggest that last season 3-0 over Celtic at Ibrox, 3-0 in Lyon, 2-1 at Easter Road, 4-0 at Tynecastle, 2-0 v Bremen, 2-0 in Lisbon and this season 4-2 at Parkhead and 3-0 at Easter Road.

Those were all excellent performances and we scored plenty of goals. Yet Kris Boyd did not start in any of those matches. Can anyone name me even 3 games, over the course of Kris Boyd's entire Rangers career, against any level of opposition, where the team has functioned to that level with Kris Boyd in the starting line up ?"

i could name loads.

but i cant be arsed to think.

his record speaks for itself mate.

dont need no helmet bro

its a serious question to the ppl who slate him week in week out

where would we be in the league if he never scored his 18 goals this season....

2nd in the league - it's a team game (tu)

so you honestly think we would still be sitting 2nd in the league without kris's 18 goals? i dont think we would.

who else could we have played upfront?

jean claude "never off his backside" darcheville?

nacho and miller are way too similar to be our main attacking threats

there is no doubt that boyd is our most prolific and best striker. now pick on somebody else who wasnt up to standard on saturday

i could name loads.

You could name loads......well you shouldn't have to think hard to name 3 performances on a par with those I mentioned. Over his entire Ibrox career, any 3 will do. (tu)

who else could we have played upfront?

jean claude "never off his backside" darcheville?

nacho and miller are way too similar to be our main attacking threats

there is no doubt that boyd is our most prolific and best striker. now pick on somebody else who wasnt up to standard on saturday

exactly

do you look through all the games that boyd did not play and then select the best games to suit your argument

i find it all a bit sad cannot understand your lack of respect for a rangers player

anyway i have discussed the above games with you before, great results and a couple of great games , not every one was a high standard of performance , try watching the games again and you will see what I mean. but I become tired when the debate is so anti one player all the time.

you win sell boyd , bring back cousin :mutley:

do you look through all the games that boyd did not play and then select the best games to suit your argument

No, it's just a bunch of games that I remember as being our best performances over the past couple of years.

Feel free to join in though and name any 3 games you like where Boyd started, and you felt our level of performance matched those games I've mentioned. Apparently there are loads.

We fuctioned to a better level when Boyd came on in the CIS Cup final, and we've put in some impressive peformances like 5-0 vs Caley Thistle, 4-1 away to Dundee Utd, 2-0 at home to Celtic, with Boyd in the 11. How you can call Boyd the difference between the two games i don't know, Thomson being missing was a big difference as Ferguson is a totally different type of footballer and without Thomson the midfield had no grit. Mendes and Davis didn't play up to their usual standards and not anywhere near as good as they played at Parkhead, Boyd wasn't the cause of that.

We'd be 2nd in the league, it's a team game. Yes he puts the ball in the back of the net, but it's the other players who set him up.

And if you look at the results and games played, take away Boyd goals and the games where we won by 0 count, we'd still be in 2nd place.

But that's not the point.

i could name loads.

You could name loads......well you shouldn't have to think hard to name 3 performances on a par with those I mentioned. Over his entire Ibrox career, any 3 will do. (tu)

Rangers 2-0 Celtic 06/07

Dundee Utd 1-4 Rangers 05/06

Killie 0-4 Rangers 07/08

Livorno 2-3 Rangers 06/07

i could name loads.

Rangers 2-0 Celtic 06/07

Killie 0-4 Rangers 07/08

Two of the games i mentioned in there. The kilmarnock match was a bit flattering at the end of the game but i forgot about Livorno, that was a very impressive European away peformance.

No, it's just a bunch of games that I remember as being our best performances over the past couple of years.

Feel free to join in though and name any 3 games you like where Boyd started, and you felt our level of performance matched those games I've mentioned. Apparently there are loads.

as i said in case you did not quite catch what i said , the results were better than the perfrmaces in a few of these games

i support rangers not just one player , i thought that would be pretty clear to you by now

feel free to come on and put the same post on every night

now pick on somebody else who wasnt up to standard on saturday

Yet another one who doesn't open his eyes. Once you have bothered to, go and have a look at the Ferguson, Smith, McCoist, Whittaker, Miller and Broadfoot threads started after their poor performances (tu)

Rangers 2-0 Celtic 06/07

Killie 0-4 Rangers 07/08

Every game I mentioned was a crucial match for us.......that Old Firm game was played once Celtic had tied up the league. For me that doesn't compare to the 3-0 win last season, or 4-2 this year.

Dundee United game......honestly can't remember that game, but fair enough, that's an impressive result at Tannadice and I'll take your word that the performance was memorable. (tu)

Killie game......come on, good scoreline but that was certainly not a memorable performance. Over a 3-4 year period we're always going to give a team a pumping now and then in the SPL without playing particularly well, and that was one of those games.

Livorno.........great shout (tu)

I still think that the games I mentioned are much more impressive in terms of the results and performances, and they all occurred in a fairly tight timeframe since Walter returned.

That's the first Old Firm game in 9 we've failed to score in. As I've said, the same midfield, just a different chemistry up top.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the Hull match, I'll check up on this thread later. I know it seems to be an emotive topic, but the different viewpoints are always interesting and we all just want what's best for Rangers. (tu)

Rangers 2-0 Celtic 06/07

Killie 0-4 Rangers 07/08

Every game I mentioned was a crucial match for us.......that Old Firm game was played once Celtic had tied up the league. For me that doesn't compare to the 3-0 win last season, or 4-2 this year.

Dundee United game......honestly can't remember that game, but fair enough, that's an impressive result at Tannadice and I'll take your word that the performance was memorable. (tu)

Killie game......come on, good scoreline but that was certainly not a memorable performance. Over a 3-4 year period we're always going to give a team a pumping now and then in the SPL without playing particularly well, and that was one of those games.

I still think that the games I mentioned are much more impressive in terms of the results and performances, and they all occurred in a fairly tight timeframe since Walter returned.

That's the first Old Firm game in 9 we've failed to score in. As I've said, the same midfield, just a different chemistry up top.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the Hull match, I'll check up on this thread later. I know it seems to be an emotive topic, but the different viewpoints are always interesting and we all just want what's best for Rangers. (tu)

Dundee Utd was still under Eck and Boyd scored 3 (tu)

Yeah, the Killie match was an exaggeration . Good finishing in that one and it could have been a lot more.

Livorno was probably the best though (tu) Shouldn't have been as close as it was though.

We have played extremely well without Boyd in the team but we have also had some great results with him in it.

Rangers 2-0 Celtic 06/07

Killie 0-4 Rangers 07/08

That's the first Old Firm game in 9 we've failed to score in. As I've said, the same midfield, just a different chemistry up top.Anyway, I'm off to watch the Hull match, I'll check up on this thread later. I know it seems to be an emotive topic, but the different viewpoints are always interesting and we all just want what's best for Rangers. (tu)

we have also lost 3 out of 4 of those OF games, but boyd has only played once, surely we could not have lost with him not playing

what happend to the chemistry upfront in those games ?

The stick Boyd gets is shocking. What about Broadfoot? It was his fault we lost the goal. What about the performances of Adam, Ferguson, Whittaker and Miller? Is it ok for these player to play shite? And to all the "Boyd has lost us the league brigade", think where we would be without his goals so far this season. Even more in the shite than we are just now.

The stick Boyd gets is shocking. What about Broadfoot? It was his fault we lost the goal. What about the performances of Adam, Ferguson, Whittaker and Miller? Is it ok for these player to play shite? And to all the "Boyd has lost us the league brigade", think where we would be without his goals so far this season. Even more in the shite than we are just now.

What's the title of this thread?

If you want to talk about the others who were shite on Saturday, look for their threads - Ferguson, Smith, Whittaker, Broadfoot and Miller all have one. It's just Kris Boyd is a bigger talking point.

Don't think one person in this thread has said, Boyd has lost us the league!

Without his goals, we'd still be in 2nd.