Has Boyd blown it?

Muff

Whatever the outcome of yesterdays game, Boyd more than deserved to play his part due to form he's been in.

He had one clear cut opportunity and maybe he should of done better, but that doesn't make him worthless again - his outstanding goal against Hibs last week proves what he can do given half a chance.

Celtic were absolutely shocking yesterday. Given our possession we should have created more for our strikers. No way do I blame Boyd for the defeat yesterday. Celtic created 2 chances yesterday. Broadfoot should have done better. And any decent center half would have dealt with that rat McDonald better.

All I can say is thank fuck we never signed that repellent obnoxious cock sucker Mcdonald. He makes my stomach turn. Give me Boydy any day.

Any decent Rangers fan who knows anyting about him or football knows he needs service and he didnt get it because the team were crap thats a fact <_<

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the outcome of yesterdays game, Boyd more than deserved to play his part due to form he's been in.

He had one clear cut opportunity and maybe he should of done better, but that doesn't make him worthless again - his outstanding goal against Hibs last week proves what he can do given half a chance.

Celtic were absolutely shocking yesterday. Given our possession we should have created more for our strikers. No way do I blame Boyd for the defeat yesterday. Celtic created 2 chances yesterday. Broadfoot should have done better. And any decent center half would have dealt with that rat McDonald better.

All I can say is thank fuck we never signed that repellent obnoxious cock sucker Mcdonald. He makes my stomach turn. Give me Boydy any day.

Sorry mate thats complete balls. You don't just play a player due to form, you play him for what he can contribute and for the opposition you're playing.

Everyone saw the job cousin did against Munster and McThug at the piggery, thats the sort of striker that hurts them. Boyd plays right into thier hands - cant win headers against them, lacks the pace to exploit thier slowness and lacks the skill to beat them as well. Nothing against boyd, he's just a very limited striker.

It was clear that boyd wasn't doing the job required of moving mcmanus and caldwell out of position, and without any wingers he was unlikely to get the service he required as we continually drove down the middle playing to thier strengths.

Now I'm not saying we have a ready made cousin type player in the squad, but boyd was certainly easy pickings for caldwell and mcmanus. And I happen to think they are pretty shit.

Sorry mate thats complete balls. You don't just play a player due to form, you play him for what he can contribute and for the opposition you're playing.

Everyone saw the job cousin did against Munster and McThug at the piggery, thats the sort of striker that hurts them. Boyd plays right into thier hands - cant win headers against them, lacks the pace to exploit thier slowness and lacks the skill to beat them as well. Nothing against boyd, he's just a very limited striker.

It was clear that boyd wasn't doing the job required of moving mcmanus and caldwell out of position, and without any wingers he was unlikely to get the service he required as we continually drove down the middle playing to thier strengths.

Now I'm not saying we have a ready made cousin type player in the squad, but boyd was certainly easy pickings for caldwell and mcmanus. And I happen to think they are pretty shit.

Thas the problem, that and missing Thomson

If we played with wingers, our current forwards are good enough to score against anyone in our league

Give me Boyds goal count anyday

am sure mcdonald has a better goal:game ratio than Boyd

Tell us about it then because you have lost me :rolleyes:

scott mcdonald averages 0.4ish goals a game (188 total club appearances, 75 goals scored)

kris boyd averages 0.5ish goals a game (247 total club appearances, 132 goals scored)

so its as close as you get , i think mcdonald is the better football player, but i think boyd is the better striker

mcdonald is a prick anyway ;)

So a guy who's knocking them in week in week out you leave on the bench just because we are playing the tattie munchers.

Frankly they are not worth that much respect. Last time I looked they were fucking awful and by all rights we should have destroyed them yesterday.

Dundee Utd gave us a harder game at Ibrox than those cunts.

We blew it and it wasn't Boyd that blew it for us That was our manager playing fuds like Adam and making shocking subs

Walter Smith knew what the game was going to be like yesterday and for that reason, Boyd should not have played.

He knew it was going to be tight, a midfield battle and when that happens we tend to just launch the ball forward. Now look who celtc have at CB - two players who love the physical battle, will win balls in the air all day and have enough pace to keep Boyd at bay.

Walter must have known that we have no width, with Davis and Adam out on either flank.

Was this the game to play Boyd in, no it wasn't.

Maybe that's just my opinion but that's the way I see it. Or if Boyd was going to play, Smith should have had different personnel on the park.

He got it wrong yet again.

Thas the problem, that and missing Thomson

If we played with wingers, our current forwards are good enough to score against anyone in our league

Hmmmmmmmmmm I still think boyd lacks the mobility, hold up play, pace and skill to really hurt anything above average centre halfs. However, If you have other players around him that can shift the defence, get the likes of caldwell and cmanus out of thier 'comfort' zone of the 18 yard line heading aimless balls away then you might be on to something.

I don't dislike boyd, I think hes worked hard on his overall game this season, i just doubt whether he has the ability to step it up a level and be regarded as a 1st choice striker you could trust against anyone.

Yesterday proved what everyone already knew about Boyd - He hides in the big games because he's simply not a good enough allround player

It wasnt only him who was hiding so your point is pathetically off target

Pathetically off target? pretty apt considering this is a thread about Boyds performance

it wasn't only him but this thread is about him

but I suppose I could say that about most of the team yesterday

and If thats the only defence for Him - He's not the only one - then that shows how pathetic the current crop of players are

Yesterday proved what everyone already knew about Boyd - He hides in the big games because he's simply not a good enough allround player

Pathetically off target? pretty apt considering this is a thread about Boyds performance

and If thats the only defence for Him - He's not the only one - then that shows how pathetic the current crop of players are

Yes they truley are pathetic

was he hiding when he set mendes up? was he hiding when he set miller up? was he hiding when he skinned the celtic player at the start of the match? was he hiding when he turned mcmanus and beat him for pace only to get challenged by the high boot of caldwell i think it was? people have selective memory when it comes to boyd, boyd certainly didnt have a bad game yesterday, he wasnt brilliant either, or we would probably be sitting here lapping up a goal performance

So a guy who's knocking them in week in week out you leave on the bench just because we are playing the tattie munchers.

Frankly they are not worth that much respect. Last time I looked they were fucking awful and by all rights we should have destroyed them yesterday.

We blew it and it wasn't Boyd that blew it for us That was our manager playing fuds like Adam and making shocking subs

I started writing a reply then i saw what muff had written, couldn't put it better myself.

If you think A player should start just because he's been scoring against average teams in completely different circumstances and game style than the old frim then your tactical knowledge is akin to walter himself.

Walter Smith knew what the game was going to be like yesterday and for that reason, Boyd should not have played.

He knew it was going to be tight, a midfield battle and when that happens we tend to just launch the ball forward. Now look who celtc have at CB - two players who love the physical battle, will win balls in the air all day and have enough pace to keep Boyd at bay.

Walter must have known that we have no width, with Davis and Adam out on either flank.

Was this the game to play Boyd in, no it wasn't.

Maybe that's just my opinion but that's the way I see it. Or if Boyd was going to play, Smith should have had different personnel on the park.

He got it wrong yet again.

But we didnt do that for 45 minutes, infact we only did that after going a goal down, and did walter know we were going to go a goal down?

was he hiding when he set mendes up? was he hiding when he set miller up? was he hiding when he skinned the celtic player at the start of the match? was he hiding when he turned mcmanus and beat him for pace only to get challenged by the high boot of caldwell i think it was? people have selective memory when it comes to boyd, boyd certainly didnt have a bad game yesterday, he wasnt brilliant either, or we would probably be sitting here lapping up a goal performance

Its just spiteful off target opinions from people who know nothing about him or football

That's just some basics. I could point out 3 or 4 good things that Miller done as well yet it wouldn't excuse the fact that he was absolutely woeful.

I started writing a reply then i saw what muff had written, couldn't put it better myself.

If you think A player should start just because he's been scoring against average teams in completely different circumstances and game style than the old frim then your tactical knowledge is akin to walter himself.

Celtic are a average team. He scored against Hibs last week and they even fucked them. You really are giving them too much respect

That's just some basics. I could point out 3 or 4 good things that Miller done as well yet it wouldn't excuse the fact that he was absolutely woeful.

Miller was worse than boyd, and looked less hungry to get the ball, chase balls, or come down to the flanks to tackle players, all things boyd was doing yesterday even when players like davis were punting the ball 20 yards too fast to far in front of him

Boyd will never improve his all round game otherwise he would have done it by now. He is a penalty box striker. When we are at home to a poor team he will get umpteen clear cut chances because we attack everyone at home, and more often than not he will score. But he still misses his fair share of chances too.

But in bigger games when chances, especially clear cut ones, are few and far between..Boyd goes missing. Thats because he has nothing else to offer the team when we are in need of something special. He cant make something happen himself because he is not that good a football player.

Not Boyd's fault of course, and as Boyd and Miller were really our only option of a strikeforce yesterday Walter couldnt really do anything else.

We should be aiming higher than someone like Boyd. If we went into a CL match with these 2 up front we would get massacred and Boyd would be lucky to get a kick of the ball.

Quality strikers = a lot of money. But we SURELY should be able to afford a better one than Boyd.

Keep him for games at Ibrox v donkeys, not for games like yesterday, as it was once more proven.

Miller was worse than boyd, and looked less hungry to get the ball, chase balls, or come down to the flanks to tackle players, all things boyd was doing yesterday even when players like davis were punting the ball 20 yards too fast to far in front of him

At the end of the day, both were poor, really poor.

How many times through-out the game was the Ball played into Boyd's feet? Most of the time it was played in the air. Smith also fucked up by playing Adam - by doing that he reduced the service even more to Boyd.

I thought his free-kick yesterday summed up his performance - crap.

McDonald got one chance - goal

Boyd got one - miss

Sums it up for me.

We went to the piggery and scored 4 goals without Boyd, we played some superb football and on that day, both the strikers hurt Caldwell and McManus.

I've been saying for months that the Boyd and Miller partnership wasn't all that. I didn't want to bring it up recently as i knew a 10 pager would commence due to the form they've been in at Ibrox.

Your strikeforce is going to struggle in the tougher matcehs when both of them are poor at holding the ball up and also possess no sort of first touch.

How many times through-out the game was the Ball played into Boyd's feet? Most of the time it was played in the air. Smith also fucked up by playing Adam - by doing that he reduced the service even more to Boyd.

I thought his free-kick yesterday summed up his performance - crap.

McDonald got one chance - goal

Boyd got one - miss

Sums it up for me.

We went to the piggery and scored 4 goals without Boyd, we played some superb football and on that day, both the strikers hurt Caldwell and McManus.

And for me. I thought yesterday's game was a shocker, although we dominated possesion we just didn't look like scoring (Boyd's chance excepted), I still can't believe we lost, cause the Mhanks were very poor (worse than us), although as has been pointed out they do have a goalscorer when it counts.

Fuck it I'm going to have a few beers now!!

I thought we taught them a passing lesson at times, i didnt realise they had a midfield when Barry, Mendes, Davis were linking up with one touch with Miller and Boyd.

They had one shot at goal, Broadfoot should of never allowed that fat Australian bastard to turn...great finish though.

its not all doom and gloom, I see teams beating Celtic after todays game. IMO

But then again we should of won today, we had the ball, the possession and the chances

i completely disagree,they domintaed the midfield from what i saw

Today was about Rangers, not Kris Boyd. The whole team had to peform well today and none of them did, Boyd was one of 11 failures. He wasn't the worst, he wasn't the best, hes had worse games, hes had better games. Kris Boyd's peformance today was not really related to the result for me so i wouldn't suddenly never play him in these matches again, hopefully the next time we play Celtic the first 11 will be more up for it and want it more.

My personal feelings for McDonald are that hes like Boyd, just a differing opinion Muff. When he wasn't scoring this season he was getting it in the neck from Celtic fans, like Boyd does from us if he ever has a bit of a dry spell. Don't think we'd have been any better off with him but in the end its all about opinions.

Dont you understand, kris boyd has just lost us the SPL doh

thats a load a shite,walter has lost us it,not boyd,althoug he was pish the day and should shut his mouth from now on,he got the chance and blew it ,not good enough and shouldnt play next old firm