Novo driven out by sectarian bigots ?

D'Artagnan

What is the point in non RC's becoming teachers? They have a much smaller Labour market to compete in.

Not strictly true. Non RC teachers CAN and DO teach in RC schools (tu)

They can and do but promotion is beyond them.

Only in very very rare cases will non RC's be promoted before RC's.

A friend of mines daughter recently qualified with honours and applied for a job in a RC school in the West of Scotland.

Her credentials were impeccable, she was told she needed a letter from a RC Priest.

She left the country disillusioned and is now teaching in guess what, an RC school in Madrid where they didnt care less what religion she was.

Heres the only non RC Head in Scotland and they wont even afford her the decency of calling her a head Teacher, they called her a "Manager of Learning"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_...and/7476027.stm

Another friend of mine sent his daughter to a RC school in Clydebank and was summonsed to the Heads office and asked not to pick his daughter up wearing a Rangers polo shirt as it was upsetting the other parents.

Remember this is all at taxpayers expense.

But Bishop Devine said that the sectarianism was "a price worth paying"

Thats why its important they keep the spotlight on Rangers even if its something like the Hokey Cokey which no one has ever done or heard of. It deflects from the REAL cause of sectarianism.

Only in Scotland could you be labelled a bigot for trying to promote integration over segregation.

What is the point in non RC's becoming teachers? They have a much smaller Labour market to compete in.

A friend of mines daughter recently qualified with honours and applied for a job in a RC school in the West of Scotland.

Her credentials were impeccable, she was told she needed a letter from a RC Priest.

She left the country disillusioned and is now teaching in guess what, an RC school in Madrid where they didnt care less what religion she was.

Heres the only non RC Head in Scotland and they wont even afford her the decency of calling her a head Teacher, they called her a "Manager of Learning"

Another friend of mine sent his daughter to a RC school in Clydebank and was summonsed to the Heads office and asked not to pick his daughter up wearing a Rangers polo shirt as it was upsetting the other parents.

Thats why its important they keep the spotlight on Rangers even if its something like the Hokey Cokey which no one has ever done or heard of. It deflects from the REAL cause of sectarianism.

Only in Scotland could you be labelled a bigot for trying to promote integration over segregation.

Oh i dont disagree that RC schools cause division but was just pointing out there are exceptions.

As silly as it sounds, and it really is a silly silly point, but it still defies logic that Timmy can be so anti Rangers having an "all Protestant" signing policy yet so Pro the RC Church and RC Schools having an "all Catholic" signing policy. :lol:

Oh i dont disagree that RC schools cause division but was just pointing out there are exceptions.

As silly as it sounds, and it really is a silly silly point, but it still defies logic that Timmy can be so anti Rangers having an "all Protestant" signing policy yet so Pro the RC Church and RC Schools having an "all Catholic" signing policy. :lol:

And theres where the hypocracy comes in.

The pressure must be maintained on Rangers to deflect from the real causes of sectarianism.

Turkeys dont vote for Christmas.

Mmm

Another, it's all them Papes rant.

How would we feel if Lennon left because a couple of Neds drove him out of Glasgow, or McGeady. Is it all the Papes fault?

Or is it that football attracts nutters? Driven on by the implicit confrontational nature of any competitive sport?

Follow the lead of David Ervine or Nelson Mandella. Hey at least we're all mainly white, they're trying to get past a couple of hundred years of racial bigotry.

I was going to reply....but then I thought...why give an ounce of dignity to such an ignorant and erroneous post ?

While I understand what you are saying, I have nothing but disdain for religious based 'education', it's not just Timmy that is against discrimination on the basis of what irrational belief system you happen to follow (or be born into).

Mmm

How would we feel if Lennon left because a couple of Neds drove him out of Glasgow, or McGeady. Is it all the Papes fault?

Or is it that football attracts nutters? Driven on by the implicit confrontational nature of any competitive sport?

Follow the lead of David Ervine or Nelson Mandella. Hey at least we're all mainly white, they're trying to get past a couple of hundred years of racial bigotry.

I was going to reply....but then I thought...why give an ounce of dignity to such an ignorant and erroneous post ?

Think you might have a stalker D'artagnan, looks like you have hit his achillies heel.

Mmm

Think you might have a stalker D'artagnan, looks like you have hit his achillies heel.

Lets just say Swally after a reply like his last one...he is firmly on my radar. <_<

Do you mean pupils or teachers, if pupils then just thought i'd say that protestants can go also, if teachers, ignore :craphead:

Mmm

You should post more. You're funny :)

An excellent post from D'Artagnan imo.

Without their Labour pals to back them up at Holyrood they've been ignored by a political class with actual important things to deal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point. I think we have weathered the worst of the storm. The Hokey Cokey was the final nail in their coffin and which exposed them once and for all.

As long as we do not drop our guard or do anything stupid I think we might come out the other side with a better reputation than the Offended Ones.

Did anyone notice the 5 Bishops Christmas message when they said that Labour was "morally corrupt"?

What could well work in our favour is Reids reputation.Labour is morally corrupt and yet the morally corrupt Labour MP,s would rather resign from the party than accept Dr. Reid as leader.

Even for morally corrupt MP,s, Reid was a smell too far.

D,A. great article as usual