Billy Davies to manage Forest

The Gaurdian, BBC gossip column and Sky Sports are now all saying that Billy Davies is going to be appointed the new Forest boss before the weekend. I think he should be good enough to keep Forest in the Championship!

On a side note, wasn't he being touted as a replacement for PLG at one time? Or was it just a name that was getting thrown around?

I think Davies will do a good job at Forest. Supposidly agreed a 3 year deal according to SSN.

First game is the FA Cup match against Manchester City. He then has massive games ahead of him - Charlton the following week followed by Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich.

There were rumours of him and the Rangers job, especially after he said he would run up the road to manage us - he's a manager I liked after doing wonders at Preston and over-achieving in his 1st season with Derby.

watched something on skysports a few year ago about him, and he was strict as fcuk at the training ground -he fined players for wearing hats/sunglasses and poor diets.

think of the amount of fines he would hand out to our monster munch crew :lol:

The more fickle football fans will say "he's shite look what he did to Derby" depsite the fact that he had a three year plan for Derby and he achieved it at the first attempt.

A good appointment.

He was my choice ahead of Walter Smith - I'm suprised it's taken this long for him to find a new job.

Nottingham Forest have named Billy Davies as their new manager.

The 44-year-old ex-Derby boss, who succeeds Colin Calderwood at the City Ground, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Davies officially takes over on Monday, with caretaker boss John Pemberton in charge of the side for Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester City.

Former Sheffield United coach David Kelly, who worked with Davies at Derby, becomes the club's assistant manager.

Calderwood was sacked after two and a half years in charge following the 4-2 home defeat by relegation rivals Doncaster on Boxing Day.

"Billy's record in the Championship is superb and we're hoping he can build on his already impressive achievements with us," chief executive Mark Arthur told the club's official website.

Davies' last managerial job was at the helm of Reds' rivals Derby, who he led to promotion to the Premier League in his first season in charge.

The former Motherwell and Preston manager had been linked to jobs at Dundee and Hearts earlier in the year.

He was appointed manager of the Rams in June 2006 after leaving Preston and immediately guided the club to promotion via the Championship play-offs, beating West Brom 1-0 in the final at Wembley.

But he was sacked in November 2007 with Derby rock-bottom of the Premier League, having won only one game, against Newcastle at Pride Park.

That proved to be the club's only success of the season as the Rams were relegated with a record low points total.

He takes over at Forest with the Reds currently fourth from bottom of the Championship on goal difference.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...est/7805993.stm