Nice one Mark Hateley

D'Artagnan

In his column referring to the "moaners" who jump on the offended bus at every opportunity regaqrding football songs he came away with this little gem of truth...

"Perhaps even more worrying is their determination to target Rangers fans at every corner and to paint them as the only offenders. It seems to me its ok for fans of other clubs to sing songs about just about anything - but you'll get threatened with the jail if you sing the hokey-cokey - this matter needs Gordon Smiths immediate attention"

Its one thing for an ex-player to say it but quite another for a Journo with any clout

Its a start though

I disagree with that.

Hately is a household name and his views are widely accepted due to his career.

The fact that he's felt the need to speak out is pretty damning

SIR DAVID MURRAY last night launched an attack on Celtic chairman John Reid, accusing him of a lack of respect.

But the former Home Secretary hit back claiming he would continue to speak out "without fear or favour".

Rangers owner Murray insists he can no longer bite his tongue while listening to his club being insulted. He also pointed a finger at the former Defence Secretary and leading light in the Tony Blair Government claiming Reid has ignored Old Firm etiquette by breaking one of their unwritten laws.

Murray, who bought the Ibrox club 20 years ago today, came out with all guns blazing against Reid and those who he believes have been taking pot-shots at Rangers.

He said: "Some people seem to want to put all the ills of Scottish society at the door of Rangers. It's time they all got off our backs."

Murray then questioned the wisdom of having a politician in charge of a club and pointed out that it could even be argued that it might be dangerous.

Murray stressed the blight of sectarianism is being tackled and that it is much less of a problem than when he took over 20 years ago.

He said: "It has diminished quite a lot, but it's easy to criticise. As a nation we are good at whining. However, I have said and will continue to say the Famine Song is wrong. It shouldn't be sung, but there are only so many times I can say these things.

"I know members of John Reid's political party encouraged him to make the Famine Song a priority and that's fine, but we could have said something about the poppy issue the other week. We didn't.

"Again, though, there are so many times I can speak out against that element of the support who stick with their nonsense. There aren't as many now but I think Celtic have done a good job of managing the media.

"We have so many dire problems out there which we really need to address.

"Although I sincerely hope no one will die today because of sectarianism someone will die because of drug abuse or obesity."