As a support have we already written off Smith as manager?

pcbear

For the long term?he done a fantastic stabilising job after the PLG wreckage, but i think many are now doubting his ability/tactics/team selections, all the important things and questioning his ability to take us forward.

In my humble opinion its thanks Walter but a new blade is needed for the cutting edge required for our club to move on.

what ! dont you already know the answer doh

D'Art, I'd like to say I generally find your statements on this forum quite interesting, I suppose to myself this is due to your skilled style of writing which has, deservably so, prompted others to suggest that you are a journalist.

In saying that though, some of your opinions in this particular thread are hard to swallow. £28mil wasted for example, come on, do you really feel that? To me, it seems that you have been spending so long pondering formations, team selections, the club's future, Walters Mind, Charlies bra size and all other things Rangers that your opinion has overtaken your perception of reality as the predomininant froce in your mind that shapes your view of the world. A little harsh perhaps and I apologise, but I've had a few and it rolled off the toungue nicely.

It is probably a little unfair of me to focuss on you D'art, but I guess that is a backhanded compliment in a sense as I generally respect your opinions. Unfortunately though, it seems there are others on this forum who seem to have a somewhat similar mindset and then some where the terms 'deluded' and 'denial' come to mind. Honestly, some of the stuff said dents my faith in humanity.

I guess this is a plea for people to take a reality check and relax a bit, it's easy to concentrate on the worst case scenario and proclaim the worst, but its better to have hope and cheer on your team, not boo them at half time. How does that help?

Nothing has been won and nothing has beeen lost yet, and people who say things are bad now have short memories, to slate Walter in the way it oftens happens on this forum is shocking.

This is my 1st post on this website, I've been a member for a while but preferred to read peoples opinions rather than give my own, but of late the general opinions and posts have been so pesimistic and unrealistic that I find myself visiting the forum less and less. Moan moan moan, basically. Go outside and kick about a ball yourself lads, it'll make you smile more.

Kusnetsov: spot on.

For the rest, get walter to fuck, watp, (little face with gers scarf), timmy bas etc.

For the long term?he done a fantastic stabilising job after the PLG wreckage, but i think many are now doubting his ability/tactics/team selections, all the important things and questioning his ability to take us forward.

In my humble opinion its thanks Walter but a new blade is needed for the cutting edge required for our club to move on.

To be honest, I'm not sure if he's been written off by 'the support'. He may have been written off by a considerable number on this board, but IMO that's not a fair reflection of what's seen at Ibrox week in week out. Same goes for opinions on Ferguson.

Oh Barry Barry :unionflag:

"Out of position" is an often misunderstood concept.

No its not.

Whittaker has suffered being played regularly out of position his confidence is shattered and his performances have reflected that. As for Broadfoot - was that the 3rd time in the last year he has played at CB ? His inexperience in that position were cruellly exposed at their goal..

Papac is better at left back ? Better than his poor performances at CB ? What an indictment.

Davis makes a good contribution too on the right. ? Has he ? Is that his favoured position ? How many chances did he create against a poor Celtic team last week ?

Broadfoot is a lot better than people think. Many would have preferred him at right back to Whittaker.

But Walter played Whittaker there.

I will say no more.

See D'Art, that's where I struggle to take you seriously.

If Broadfoot's played at right-back, you'll say he's out of position. If he's played in his "regular position" of centre back, you now tell us that he's out of position because he's been playing right back. We all know that Broadfoot played centrally due to Bougherra's absence, but you wish to ignore that just to have an unfounded dig at Walter. Fair enough, but I don't agree.

You're good on rhetoric, but logic and debate aren't your forte.

Davis probably created more chances than anyone on the pitch last week. Papac has been consistently described as a "solid" left back without too much of an attacking threat.

WS only came up against maybye 2 decent Scum sides during the whole 9IAR period.

Even then the team picked itself and had an awesome mentality.

During the run for Ten WS started making odd decisions, playing Oz at Right back etc.

He has an OBSESSION with having a team of Centre Halfs in every position.

When was the last time he tactically changed a game, during it?

The man is a liability who will cut off his nose to spite his face.

He will not give youth a chance and remember if he had his way, Barry Ferguson would have been deemed surplus to requirements.

I promise you guys like Aaron and Fleck will move onto bigger better things and we will all be asking, why, why, fucking why?

The reason we will not win the league this season (Barring a timplosion) is because of him.

He has now publicly stated "we need to win ugly", I promise you that means MORE games for Adam and McCulloch.

His signings by and large have been pish. Who says Whittaker has potential?? Fuck sake how old is he? He's a fucking donkey who will never be a Ger.

Rant over. WS GTF!!! :unionflag:

P.S Ask any Everton fan if they rate him as a manager, you will get the same answer for the same reasons.

Yes.

And I still maintain he is a Rangers legend.

Spot on D'Art. It's taken me a long time to publicy decry Walter as I have a hell of a lot of respect for his past achievements. However, after steadying the ship, he is now perilously close to sinking the ship.

I agree also, but, I wouldnt do that, its not how I conduct myself (tu)

Yes.

Spot on D'Art. It's taken me a long time to publicy decry Walter as I have a hell of a lot of respect for his past achievements. However, after steadying the ship, he is now perilously close to sinking the ship.

Trust me mate, it actually hurts me to do so but the time has come where serious questions have to be asked, and asked loudly. 3 points today will maybe quieten some tongues, I hope.

Cheers.

No its not.

Whittaker has suffered being played regularly out of position his confidence is shattered and his performances have reflected that. As for Broadfoot - was that the 3rd time in the last year he has played at CB ? His inexperience in that position were cruellly exposed at their goal..

Papac is better at left back ? Better than his poor performances at CB ? What an indictment.

Davis makes a good contribution too on the right. ? Has he ? Is that his favoured position ? How many chances did he create against a poor Celtic team last week ?

Broadfoot is a lot better than people think. Many would have preferred him at right back to Whittaker.

I will say no more.

If Broadfoot's played at right-back, you'll say he's out of position. If he's played in his "regular position" of centre back, you now tell us that he's out of position because he's been playing right back. We all know that Broadfoot played centrally due to Bougherra's absence, but you wish to ignore that just to have an unfounded dig at Walter. Fair enough, but I don't agree.

Davis probably created more chances than anyone on the pitch last week. Papac has been consistently described as a "solid" left back without too much of an attacking threat.

WS only came up against maybye 2 decent Scum sides during the whole 9IAR period.

During the run for Ten WS started making odd decisions, playing Oz at Right back etc.

He will not give youth a chance and remember if he had his way, Barry Ferguson would have been deemed surplus to requirements.

I promise you guys like Aaron and Fleck will move onto bigger better things and we will all be asking, why, why, fucking why?

The reason we will not win the league this season (Barring a timplosion) is because of him.

He has now publicly stated "we need to win ugly", I promise you that means MORE games for Adam and McCulloch.

His signings by and large have been pish. Who says Whittaker has potential?? Fuck sake how old is he? He's a fucking donkey who will never be a Ger.

P.S Ask any Everton fan if they rate him as a manager, you will get the same answer for the same reasons.

doh

Christ you're one for making it up as you go along.

Yes.

Trust me mate, it actually hurts me to do so but the time has come where serious questions have to be asked, and asked loudly. 3 points today will maybe quieten some tongues, I hope.

Cheers.

Oh I know mate, I dont think it will quieten many tongues to be honest, the only thing that will, would be the title, but, I think that would be more of a relief, and, I still think the chap should move on at that point, but, perhaps then some of these people can actually let him go with some good feeling. I really dont think anything will make a difference until the club is sold, because, any management change will leave the new manager in the same position, with the same squad, more or less. Win the title, someone new comes in, with the whole summer to change things up, less pressure since we will be Champions, with certain Champs League action, will be far easier than coming in to play catch up. I dont think we need the upheaval at this point, we arent far behind at all, and, less after today. In fact, if I have this right, we win today, match their results and win the 2 old firm games, we are Champs?

No its not.

I will say no more.

doh

Christ you're one for making it up as you go along.

What am I making up?

Ive never rated him. Some of the football during 9IAR wasnt great considering the players we had. For every Gascoine there was a Cleland, Stephen Wright, Bo Andersen etc.

He is perceived as a legend due that era adn thats fair enough.

He did provide us with some brilliant times, there is no denying it, but some seasons the scum were absolutely dreadful, almost went to the wall.

My prevaling memory of him was his complete lack of tactical ability on the European stage. Dick Advocaat showed what a manager with tactical nouce can acheive against teams from bigger leagues.

I pray to god I am wrong, but after reading his comments about Adam in particular recently, god help us.