As a support have we already written off Smith as manager?

pcbear

For the long term?he done a fantastic stabilising job after the PLG wreckage, but i think many are now doubting his ability/tactics/team selections, all the important things and questioning his ability to take us forward.

In my humble opinion its thanks Walter but a new blade is needed for the cutting edge required for our club to move on.

i think some have, if we fcuk up tomorrow against caley its poss the final curtin for the squad and managment,

i would back levein to come in and build frm the back and uses subs to change games te utd v tims game today proved that

You just have to look at the posts after our games to see what is thought of him. His team is playing without invention, imagination and even the basics are beyond some of his regular picks. He has done his bit and we thank him for that.

But it is not just the management position we are worried about. The club as a whole seems to be in this 'transition' phase where we are treading water as SDM hangs onto every thread of power that he owns. It is as though the club, supporters included, is waiting for him to sell up so that we can move onward and upward.

Yes.

And I still maintain he is a Rangers legend.

Spot on D'Art. It's taken me a long time to publicy decry Walter as I have a hell of a lot of respect for his past achievements. However, after steadying the ship, he is now perilously close to sinking the ship.

i dont credit him for what he did after le guen,anyone would have made us better,the only way we could go is up,yes he done well taking us to manchester but thats in the past and since then he has wasted a heck of a lot of money and continually gets his tactics wrong imo,i dont hate him but i dont like him one bit because his decisions annoy me so much

I certainly haven't.

To me, he's better than Ferguson.

His critics blame him for the credit crunch and global warming.

If you stick to the facts, things are a lot better than some would make out.

The younger ones who haven't experienced as much don't really have any perspective, but sadly some of the older Bears are too keen to join them in doing timmy's work of diminishing our support in the team.

I certainly haven't.

The younger ones who haven't experienced as much don't really have any perspective, but sadly some of the older Bears are too keen to join them in doing timmy's work of diminishing our support in the team.

No

I blame him for Lee McCulloch at left midfeild.

I blame him for Whittaker, Broadfoot, Davis, Papac being played out of position week after week.

I blame him for squandering £ 28 million in the transfer market, causing players to being continually played out of their natural positions,

I blame him for having 9 strikers in our squad when his tactics were 4-5-1 and our midfield was the priority.

I blame him for a woeful performance in Manchester

I blame him for signing players who have never beeen given a proper chance (Gow) despite the fact the have performed well whilst out on loan.

I'll stop there. But I could go on.

Yes I think so.

However, he and we have been given a glimmer of hope, a win tomorrow and the gap is down to five.

Question is, will he grasp it or continue on as usual. He could get some of his reputation back by winning the league and leaving us with a small but decent squad.

If he leaves us with 2nd in the league and Dean Shiels, Robbie Neilson, Lee Miller etc etc his reputation will be forever tarnished as a failure on and off the pitch.

Regardless of what happens in the league he should go at the end of the season cause there hasn't been a lot of difference between PLG's 6 months and his 2 years except Smith got substantially more time and money to stabilise us as a 2nd placed club.

I certainly haven't.

No

He's been disappointing after a decent start, but may have passed his use-by date in Walter's eyes going by recent absences.

So I can't agree with you, since he has made some decent contributions.

I blame him for Whittaker, Broadfoot, Davis, Papac being played out of position week after week.

"Out of position" is an often misunderstood concept. Papac is better at left back in the SPL and that has been proven. Davis makes a good contribution too on the right.

Broadfoot is a lot better than people think. Many would have preferred him at right back to Whittaker.

Whittaker still has potential

I blame him for squandering £ 28 million in the transfer market, causing players to being continually played out of their natural positions,

I disagree with that. Only some of that money has been "wasted" since some have been successful and others still have time on their side.

I blame him for having 9 strikers in our squad when his tactics were 4-5-1 and our midfield was the priority.

No offence, but you're just making that up. We had a 4-5-1 last season and added strikers this year, before shifting some.

Also, some of those are young and/or versatile.

You can't have it both ways there, I'm afraid.

I don't. I blame Cousin for foolishly limiting our options and the injuries to our wide players in the form of Naismith, Beasley and Burke.

Our tiring squad was being decimated and to me, you're using faulty logic to make a point that can't be made logically, on the evidence at hand.

I blame him for signing players who have never beeen given a proper chance (Gow) despite the fact the have performed well whilst out on loan.

Gow was given his chance and didn't look anything special, whether it was in reserves or first team action.

He was worth a put, but proven he's not up to it.

Why has any big club been so impressed by his loan spell that they wanted him?

I'm sure you could, but I'm equally sure I'd find holes in most of your points.

Yes. He is incapable of changing his ways, totally lacks ideas when things on the park go against him and can't seem to grasp that playing players out of position will never deliver the consistency needed to deliver the title.

God knows how we are going to cope with a hefty debt when our manager is incapable of bleeding youth.

I certainly haven't.

No

He's been disappointing after a decent start, but may have passed his use-by date in Walter's eyes going by recent absences.

So I can't agree with you, since he has made some decent contributions.

"Out of position" is an often misunderstood concept. Papac is better at left back in the SPL and that has been proven. Davis makes a good contribution too on the right.

Broadfoot is a lot better than people think. Many would have preferred him at right back to Whittaker.

Whittaker still has potential

I disagree with that. Only some of that money has been "wasted" since some have been successful and others still have time on their side.

No offence, but you're just making that up. We had a 4-5-2 last season and added strikers this year, before shifting some.

Also, some of those are young and/or versatile.

You can't have it both ways there, I'm afraid.

I don't. I blame Cousin for foolishly limiting our options and the injuries to our wide players in the form of Naismith, Beasley and Burke.

Our tiring squad was being decimated and to me, you're using faulty logic to make a point that can't be made logically, on the evidence at hand.

Gow was given his chance and didn't look anything special, whether it was in reserves or first team action.

He was worth a put, but proven he's not up to it.

Why has any big club been so impressed by his loan spell that they wanted him?

I'm sure you could, but I'm equally sure I'd find holes in most of your points.

The 4 5 2 line up is a strange one, your defence of Smith is admirable but as a forum is all about opinions i think he has run his course, you have yours and i have mine, the world would be a boring place if we all thought alike, beauty of the game imo.

Walter did a great job restoring our pride after PLG. He did what was asked -- and for a few million quid let's not forget. He delivered when we needed him most.

But... the UEFA run masked the issues. No more. Love ya' Walter.. but it's time to go. And take BAZ with you.

"Out of position" is an often misunderstood concept.

No its not.

Whittaker has suffered being played regularly out of position his confidence is shattered and his performances have reflected that. As for Broadfoot - was that the 3rd time in the last year he has played at CB ? His inexperience in that position were cruellly exposed at their goal..

Papac is better at left back ? Better than his poor performances at CB ? What an indictment.

Davis makes a good contribution too on the right. ? Has he ? Is that his favoured position ? How many chances did he create against a poor Celtic team last week ?

But Walter played Whittaker there.

I will say no more.

Watching Smith in the stand or the dugout there is a lack of fire in the man, some terrible team selections and tactics as well. I put most of the blame with Smith but what about the rest of the coaching staff wtf do they do? McCoist will always be a legend but what's his role ,McDowall and that f****** c*** jim stewart he was sh*** as a keeper, doesn't seem to be helping McGregor,Durrant just looks like a wee boy scared to even talk to Smith . Still raging with anger at the celtic game. As far as players going ,don't know if his hands are tied with what Murray and that baldy b****** wanting money rather than keeping our best players.

"Out of position" is an often misunderstood concept.

No its not.

Whittaker has suffered being played regularly out of position his confidence is shattered and his performances have reflected that. As for Broadfoot - was that the 3rd time in the last year he has played at CB ? His inexperience in that position were cruellly exposed at their goal..

Papac is better at left back ? Better than his poor performances at CB ? What an indictment.

Davis makes a good contribution too on the right. ? Has he ? Is that his favoured position ? How many chances did he create against a poor Celtic team last week ?

But Walter played Whittaker there.

I will say no more.

See D'Art, that's where I struggle to take you seriously.

If Broadfoot's played at right-back, you'll say he's out of position. If he's played in his "regular position" of centre back, you now tell us that he's out of position because he's been playing right back. We all know that Broadfoot played centrally due to Bougherra's absence, but you wish to ignore that just to have an unfounded dig at Walter. Fair enough, but I don't agree.

You're good on rhetoric, but logic and debate aren't your forte.

Davis probably created more chances than anyone on the pitch last week. Papac has been consistently described as a "solid" left back without too much of an attacking threat.

Can't argue with his track record the first time round but this second spell has been shocking the past 9 or so months.

When the club outspend its main rivals by multiple amounts, outspent top english and european sides and had the talent that was at the club then, a monkey could have had the same track record. His multiple abysmal failures n europe with the class of players we had then showed how poor a manager he was.

The legacy he left; a skeleton squad with no youth development again showed how poor a club manager he was and why a lot of us older bears did not want him back.

See D'Art, that's where I struggle to take you seriously.

If Broadfoot's played at right-back, you'll say he's out of position. If he's played in his "regular position" of centre back, you now tell us that he's out of position because he's been playing right back. We all know that Broadfoot played centrally due to Bougherra's absence, but you wish to ignore that just to have an unfounded dig at Walter. Fair enough, but I don't agree.

You're good on rhetoric, but logic and debate aren't your forte.

Davis probably created more chances than anyone on the pitch last week. Papac has been consistently described as a "solid" left back without too much of an attacking threat.

Well Im glad that Im only good on rhetoric

It would be ridiculous to suggest that Kirk...if good enough for the team...should have been played at CB instead of the ageing Weir and to allow an understanding to develop between himsef and Magic to prepare our team for the future.

And even more ridiculous to suggest that our natural right back - Whittaker be allowed to play in that position rather than be deployed all over the park in the last few months.

Davis probably created more chances than anyone on the pitch last week.

Sorry but perhaps I was at another match...but I only saw once chance being created last week. And is that the same creator who was moved to right back for the latter part of the match ?

But finally...

Broadfoot played centrally due to Bougherra's absence, but you wish to ignore that just to have an unfounded dig at Walter.

What caused that absence...? Injury or his impending sale. ?

Thank the Lord debate is not my forte`.