Bayern loan Landon Donovan

Muff

Landon Donovan has completed his loan switch from Los Angeles Galaxy to Bayern Munich.

The United States international will remain with the German giants for the duration of the MLS off-season, returning to his homeland on 8th March.

The deal is similar to that his Galaxy team-mate David Beckham has penned with AC Milan.

Donovan heads to Germany in fine form, having scored a career-high 20 goals in 25 appearances last term.

He also has prior experience of life in the Bundesliga after spending two spells at Bayer Leverkusen.

While those experiences did not go entirely to plan, Donovan will be hoping to make more of an impact this time around and could be handed his Bayern debut against Hamburg when the season resumes after the winter break on 30th January.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_4755455,00.html

I'm going to be watching this with heavy interest. We all know what happened to Landon the last time he played in Germany, but he's a much better player now. I wonder where he fits in with Bayern, I'm thinking he'll be used as an impact sub because their striker/winger positions are pretty much set in stone.

They just signed Olic too... certainly means Podolski's off, maybe even Ribery?

Ribery's been heavily linked with Madrid in recent weeks but even we've found Bayern's asking price far too rich.

Olic is a signing that makes sense. He's far more pragmatic than Podolski.

Like TG, i can't wait to see Donovan pull on a Bayern jersey. If Donovan settles and hits the ground running, he's a player who could take German football by storm.