This myth that Boyd only scores against the Hamilton's and Inverness'

Dunn1873

Heard this party line spouted on Real Radio throughout the full broadcast tonight as well as through various other media outlets and tarriers.

So far this season, a goal against Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd, Aberdeen.

Kind of destroys the myth that he only scores against the bottom 6 teams. His european record shouldn't come into the equation if he rarely plays for us in Europe and we aren't featuring in europe this season. His record against Celtic is questionable but if he slotted that shot away at Ibrox last week then that wouldn't come into the equation either.

His record against Celtic is questionable but if he slotted that shot away at Ibrox last week then that wouldn't come into the equation either.

50/50 chance really.

Pretty much exact same shot against ICT and put it in.

Heard this party line spouted on Real Radio throughout the full broadcast tonight as well as through various other media outlets and tarriers.

So far this season, a goal against Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd, Aberdeen.

Kind of destroys the myth that he only scores against the bottom 6 teams. His european record shouldn't come into the equation if he rarely plays for us in Europe and we aren't featuring in europe this season. His record against Celtic is questionable but if he slotted that shot away at Ibrox last week then that wouldn't come into the equation either.

They all must have been flukes or penalties mate :rolleyes:

its true he scores more against the lesser teams, but you dont get any more points for beating celtic than you do against ICT or st mirren

Strictly speaking you're right, but if we beat them in an OF game they drop 3 points as well as us gaining them. A win against celtic is more valuable (in terms of winning the title) than a win against ICT.

Strictly speaking you're right, but if we beat them in an OF game they drop 3 points as well as us gaining them. A win against celtic is more valuable (in terms of winning the title) than a win against ICT.

Strictly speaking no.

If we beat them they have the same number of points as before :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking no.

If we beat them they have the same number of points as before :rolleyes:

I think his general gist is that you expect them to be picking up 3 points every week, if we beat them then we gain our 3 points but they do not progress with their total. It's like the proverbial 6 pointer game, it's not really worth 6 points but the margin for swing is like that.

But then I'm sure you already knew that Manti :harhar:

This season:

ICT - 5 (1pen)

Hibs - 1 Only goal of game

DU - 1 First goal of game

Ham - 6 (2pen) 4 of which gave us the lead, 1 equaliser

Dons - 1

StM - 1 First goal of game

Kil - 3 (1pen) Equaliser and a winner

PT -1 First goal of game

Heart - 1pen

so his goals have come at important times from the stats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...lts/default.stm

Boyd has hardly been played in Europe and theres much bigger teams in Europe than the SPL so we cant criticise him there. He was never given the chance to shine. So how can we judge him on the basis that he doesn't score against the 'big teams'?

Only 1 goal against the Mhanks is not great, but he bangs in plenty against the rest and don't forget we have to win those games and goals wins games, don't they?

I think some people are in denial as to just how big a blow losing Boyd will be. Yes, it's not the end of the world, but no, he's not somebody you can just chuck away for peanuts to s shit team in an average league, either.

Kris Boyd has proved he is capable of scoring goals against anyone given the service.

But Amac Boyd cant create chances for himself when we it in the big games.

Mark Hateley sums Kris Boyd up "he's like a goal head start, but it's like playing the rest of the game with 10men"

We have won plenty games without Boyd and we'll win games when he's gone!

I expect them to lose every week.

But I'm well used to disappointment.

Fair enough mate, thats the difference between us - one has the glass half full, the other half empty :craphead:

Although I'm not sure which is which :unsure: Maybe should have thought that analogy through a bit better :mutley:

It's not a complete myth, most of his goals are against smaller Clubs, or are in games already won.

Games like Inverness when we are only 1.0 up are dodgy games that in the last 5 minutes our team seem to be edgy. To be honest unless Rangers were 3.0 up I wouldn't say the game was already won.

Games like Inverness when we are only 1.0 up are dodgy games that in the last 5 minutes our team seem to be edgy. To be honest unless Rangers were 3.0 up I wouldn't say the game was already won.

Look you - me and my mate spend hours arguing about this.

Stop complicating it.

If we are 1-0 up and we win 3-0 the last goals don't count.

FACT!