Youngsters Out To Impress in 2009

TexasGers

Nice list. Sergio Busquets is going to be a star.

Does anyone know anything about Da Silva's brother Fabio? When they arrived at Man Utd it was Fabio who was considered the better of the two. But we've heard nothing of him while Rafael has been great.

Nice list. Sergio Busquets is going to be a star.

Does anyone know anything about Da Silva's brother Fabio? When they arrived at Man Utd it was Fabio who was considered the better of the two. But we've heard nothing of him while Rafael has been great.

He's a left back (tu)

Along with his brother, Fábio has been praised for his energetic style, and has been described as an "excellent footballer" by Sir Alex Ferguson.[7] Les Kernshaw, the former Manchester United academy manager who spotted them, described the pair as being like "two little whippets," praising how "when they got knocked down, they just got straight back up again and got on with it. They were like bouncing balls . . . very, very quick".[2] The Times has called them "Brazil's answer to the Neville brothers".[8] Based on his attacking ability and instincts, it was suggested on the United website that Fábio, along with Rafael, could be deployed in the midfield rather than in defence.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1bio_Pereira_da_Silva

Apparently, he's also had shoulder surgery (tu)

He's a left back (tu)

Apparently, he's also had shoulder surgery (tu)

I knew he was a left back but didn't know about the surgery. Guess that's why I hadn't heard of him since I first did, ta (tu).

Fabio has always been the much more impressive of the two. He's a far better attacker than Rafael and he gets goals, he captained the Brazil side and scored a couple at the Under 17's World Cup back in 2007.

That's a nice list, it's nice to see Hernanes make it as expected. I get more and more impressed with the boy everytime i see him. I wish Madrid would end the ridiculous Fabregas pursuit and instead go for him. Good workrate, superb with both feet, skilful and is capable of magic. God knows why Dunga still opts for Gilberto Silva ahead of him. The new Rai.

It's funny how Sao Paolo have converted both Kaka and Hernanes into deep lying midfielders. Can you imagine the outcry if Smith tried Fleck there? :D

Fabio has always been the much more impressive of the two. He's a far better attacker than Rafael and he gets goals, he captained the Brazil side and scored a couple at the Under 17's World Cup back in 2007.

That's a nice list, it's nice to see Hernanes make it as expected. I get more and more impressed with the boy everytime i see him. I wish Madrid would end the ridiculous Fabregas pursuit and instead go for him. Good workrate, superb with both feet, skilful and is capable of magic. God knows why Dunga still opts for Gilberto Silva ahead of him. The new Rai.

It's funny how Sao Paolo have converted both Kaka and Hernanes into deep lying midfielders. Can you imagine the outcry if Smith tried Fleck there? :D

For Fleck to be tried in a new position, first he would have to be tried. Does that make sense? I'm pretty tired.

I remember reading about the Da Silva twins when Man Utd were signing them and they were tipped as their certain future full backs. Rafael has been superb since breaking into the squad. Bit reckless in the tackle at times but he's excellent going forward, something I like in a full back. Had real composure for his goal against Arsenal. Someone at Man Utd (I can't remember who it was but I have Phelan in my head) tipped Fabio to break into the team before Rafael got his shot so I was a little confused when I hadn't really heard of him in the past year or so. Looking forward to seeing him after his injury.

Gilberto Silva is gash.

Indeed, indeed.

Heard anything about the two US kids?

As the article said, they are both at the US Training facility in Florida, where guys like Beasley and Donovan were brought along. I haven't heard much about Rendek, as he's only about 14 years old. Gyau on the other hand, looks to be the next big thing from the US. His dad was a US international in the late 80's/early 90's, and this has opened up alot of doors for him. He's trained in Brazil at one of Zico's camps, and has picked up alot of Brazilian flair and added it to his game.

He likes to run at defenders and is generally very direct and always looking to attack. I see him playing in a central attacking role, but he could probably fit in well on one of the wings. He hasn't moved abroad because of work permit problems, but he should be playing in Europe by the time he's 18. Bayern, Stuttgart, Chelsea, and Man U have been monitoring him, so that should clue you in on his talents.