Kaka rejects Manchester City move

Muff

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the delegation went over to Milan to sign Dida but casually brought up the Kaka interest during negotiations. Crazy.

:blink: WTF, Joe Hart is better

Yeah, i thought the exact same thing.

Manchester City assistant manager Mark Bowen has told BBC Sport Wales that Kaka is “very close” to signing for the club.

City reportedly bid £100m for the 26-year-old Brazilian World Cup winner earlier this week and vowed to offer him £15m in wages.

“We believe the deal is very close,” said Bowen. “We are selling the future plans of the club to the player.

“I’ve read a lot about his love of Milan – and that goes without saying – but even when people said the deal was dead that was not our understanding.”

Kaka yesterday moved to reassure Milan fans that his future still lies with the Rossoneri. He insisted he wants to grow old at the club and eventually become its captain.

“We are still hopeful of signing Kaka,” added Bowen. “The situation has been a surprise to everyone but obviously negotiations have been going for a fair while.

“How close we are I don’t know, but our understanding is that it is very much a strong possibility that Kaka will be coming to Manchester City.”

Earlier reports suggested that the deal was off, however, Milan have apparently given Kaka permission to talk with the Premier League outfit.

If a deal was to go through, it would be the biggest in football history. Kaka would become the world’s most expensive player ever.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes says the club's big-money move for Brazilian superstar Kaka makes football and business sense.

Talks are ongoing between City and AC Milan over a reported world record 100m euro transfer for the 26-year-old.

"The money involved is something we feel, from a football and business point of view, works," said Hughes.

"The process has moved forward at a pace this week but people shouldn't be thinking that it is just a whim."

Hughes said the proposed transfer was part of an overall plan from the club's hierarchy.

"It's been done with structure and understanding," he said.

"We're all very much involved in that process; myself from a football point of view and (chief executive) Garry Cook and (chairman) Khaldoon Al Mubarak from a club and business point of view."

Incredibly foolish thing to say. Of course he was at the press conference and couldn't exactly condemn the act of his employers, but he could have just said something vague like 'it's up to the club'.

Defending this is very misguided.

Mick Dennis, normally a severely annoying journalist, had a good point on sky sports news this morning, about the requirement for a host of new faces at Milan. He referred to when Juve sold Zidane to Real for the world record fee, and then with that money brought in Buffon, Nedved and Thuram, winning more trophies in the subsequent years (albeit with a little help from Moggipolli..) than they would have done with simply just Zidane in their team.

Milan are desperately in need of a host of younger talent, and such a vast transfer fee could allow some of the world's best young players to come in and nurture their abilities with the experience of Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi et al alongside them.

Also, considering Gourcuff is on his way back in the summe - a competent replacement, one may argue.

I totally agree that Gourcuff is no Kaka, he is a terrific player though.

Kaka is a very smart football player, he will have no desire to go to Manchester City, however if Milan accept the bid and feel that it is in the interest of the club to do so, maybe Kaka will agree.

It still amazes me how many non watchers of Kaka are basically expressing their admiration of him pretty much by name only.

If you watched him regularly you'd see how poor and stale he is these days.

I'd be quite happy for Milan to sell him.

We could buy a whole new core of 5 or 6 world class players with that.

The bait that man ciy have set is their 'future plans' for world domination of football and a side built around him.

That's the political capital Man City and Kaka's representatives will use if indeed he does join Man City. However, it's all based on predictions which has a high element of risk. What can't he do at AC Milan that he could acheive at Man City? Apart from win the EPl that is.

If he does move, it's purely for money no matter what the spin is.

Kaka wouldn't win the premier league with City, not unless he stayed there for a number of years, as it would surely take City a number of years to be able to compete with the likes of their manchester rivals. For Kaka to move to city, albeit a financially astounding move, would be a devastating for his football career, and hopefully does not happen.

Kaka wouldn't win the premier league with City, not unless he stayed there for a number of years, as it would surely take City a number of years to be able to compete with the likes of their manchester rivals. For Kaka to move to city, albeit a financially astounding move, would be a devastating for his football career, and hopefully does not happen.

I disagree. If they have all the money in the world, and can suddenly buy the best players, which let's face it they've started doing already with Robinho and SWP, then there really is no limit to what they can achieve.

Chelsea weren't ever going to win the league till Roman and his millions came in - that made the difference. From having won it once in their history they suddenly won it twice in a row.

A few more world class players and City will be challenging.

Tottenham, at the start of this season, are a good example of buying loads of top class players, sticking them in a team somehow and failing miserably.

Too many big egos, too many truly world class players, may hinder them.

Kaka is a hit or a miss nowadays. One game he'll steal the show the next he is posted missing. I don't know if I trust the ownership to spend that money wisely.

The posted missing efforts are a lot more common than him stealing the show, sadly.

As for trusting...

Well, our last significant purchased signings over the last maybe 5 years are Bonera, Jankulovski, Gilardino, Pato, Zambrotta, Flamini, Ronaldinho and probably Emerson (who has surprised me this year with some good stout displays).

I don't think our displays in the market have actually been too bad (although Oddo was bloody horrible) - it's when we've brought in loanees or washed up cheapies that we look really bad.

But when we spend big, we seem to do well - bar that Albo chappy.

I disagree. If they have all the money in the world, and can suddenly buy the best players, which let's face it they've started doing already with Robinho and SWP, then there really is no limit to what they can achieve.

Chelsea weren't ever going to win the league till Roman and his millions came in - that made the difference. From having won it once in their history they suddenly won it twice in a row.

A few more world class players and City will be challenging.

I do think that City could challenge for the Premier League, but not in the next two years. I honestly don't believe that bringing in some of the world's best would allow City to to be up there, specifically next season.

With the money that is being allegedly thrown around at the minute by the City owners, it will be a matter of time before Hughes and various others backroom staff lose their jobs. And so unrest begins; other players are brought in, presumably not at the request of the manager, and it will end up being the Sheik's toy, unless they bring in Jose, he wouldn't have it!

City will not have European football next season, they are already out of the FA cup, the fair play award will not going their way and I don't think that they will finish in a UEFA Cup spot, not having conceded 30 goals already this season in the league.