Rangers before ego.

D'Artagnan

I was quite startled when I read SDM's bullish response to the "We deserve better" campaign.

One could have been forgiven for thinking that the points raised by that campaign were calling for the head of the chairmen, despite the statement at launch by David Edgar... "This isn't a campaign to get the chairman out or anything like that.

However SDM's comments that he is our "best bet" probably wont meet with any arguement with those behind the campaign....though perhaps they may wish to point out the obvious to our chairman - that he is our ONLY bet.

But talk about people in glass houses not throwing stones..

"The people who are moaning and making most of the noise are not exactly captains of industry," said Murray. "They don't have vast experience in business. I don't see any solutions being put forward by them."

Well Im not even a stowaway never mind a captain of industry...but selling your most effective striker to be replaced by an untested youngster (for whom we paid the same money we are selling Boyd for) doesnt seem to make good team or business sense. And then before the deal is completed announcing we need to sell to balance the books...thus advertising to any potential buyers that we are desperate for cash.... well Aye Aye Captain.

Its almost ironic that one of the points raised by the campaign is as follows..."Failure to engage with or interact with the support in any meaningful way"

All SDM's response has done is actually highlight the truth of that statement. By failing to answer the points raised by the campaign he is actually showing the world that not only does he fail to engage or interact - he doesnt even read or familiarise himself with the points which have been raised. The captain seems to be so aloof he's in the crow's nest.

He fails to realise that this campaign is not about him directly....nor is it a failure by the ordinary fan in the street to grasp the complexities or realisation of the global recession....its about the shameful waste of resources and money at our club which is epitomised by the ridiculous transfer policy of our manager during the summer.

Its about us continuing to make the same mistakes time after leaving us with dross which we cant move on thus having to sell decent players to make up the losses. Perhaps instead of being threatened by the points in the campaign SDM ought to ask himself if any of them have true substance and if so - how to rectify these problems so that they are not repeated.

Of course fans on websites were once again targetted in his statement. Its a sad state of affairs when Rangers forums are the only ones asking searching questions about why we are in this financial mess. This is probably the one and only time ever that I felt a press assassination of the current workings of our club would be justified. But it wont happen...and we all know why.

But before our "Captain" goes off running to fire another broadside via his press patrol boats....can I add another point to the We Deserve Better charter....

Rangers are far more important than the ego of any man.

Another very silly comment by SDM making him sound elitist and bourgeois which won't do him any favours over any element of the support, even if he is correct in his analysis.

He stands firmly behind his only defence; that no-one else wants his job and has the money to do so.

It's his financial mismanagement and allowing a succession of managers before/after McLiesh to over spend that has got us into this mess. Silly man!

Another very silly comment by SDM making him sound elitist and bourgeois which won't do him any favours over any element of the support, even if he is correct in his analysis.

He stands firmly behind his only defence; that no-one else wants his job and has the money to do so.

It's his financial mismanagement and allowing a succession of managers before/after McLiesh to over spend that has got us into this mess. Silly man!

I think his bullish response may cause him considerable harm Jad. He really sounds arrogant....a bit like "Whilst Rome burned"...

Remember last November, the war of words between John Reid and Murray over the FIO chant, when Murray told Reid not to think he's in the House of Commons haggling across the chamber?

He followed it up, IIRC, by saying 'we've got a responsibility to act in a senisible manner and watch our words carefully' or words to that matter.

Another "for every £5 they spend.." comment me thinks? Even if it isn't so catchy.

John Reid is a politican, and like most politicans, are very careful with their words and use their spin tomanage situations effectively. Murray is not a politican, but a businessman; a career that is probably deemed succesful in monetary terms, but his grasp of human nature and his stupid comments towards it, is the contrary of Lawell and Reid as usual making him look foolish. Again, seemingly elitist and stupidly stubbern.

Guest therabbitt

Missed this earlier on, adding to the main site now D'Art (tu)

Your going to have to start PMing me whenever you write something that you know I am going to publish. :thumbup:

I was quite startled when I read SDM's bullish response to the "We deserve better" campaign.

One could have been forgiven for thinking that the points raised by that campaign were calling for the head of the chairmen, despite the statement at launch by David Edgar... "This isn't a campaign to get the chairman out or anything like that.

However SDM's comments that he is our "best bet" probably wont meet with any arguement with those behind the campaign....though perhaps they may wish to point out the obvious to our chairman - that he is our ONLY bet.

But talk about people in glass houses not throwing stones..

"The people who are moaning and making most of the noise are not exactly captains of industry," said Murray. "They don't have vast experience in business. I don't see any solutions being put forward by them."

Well Im not even a stowaway never mind a captain of industry...but selling your most effective striker to be replaced by an untested youngster (for whom we paid the same money we are selling Boyd for) doesnt seem to make good team or business sense. And then before the deal is completed announcing we need to sell to balance the books...thus advertising to any potential buyers that we are desperate for cash.... well Aye Aye Captain.

Its almost ironic that one of the points raised by the campaign is as follows..."Failure to engage with or interact with the support in any meaningful way"

All SDM's response has done is actually highlight the truth of that statement. By failing to answer the points raised by the campaign he is actually showing the world that not only does he fail to engage or interact - he doesnt even read or familiarise himself with the points which have been raised. The captain seems to be so aloof he's in the crow's nest.

He fails to realise that this campaign is not about him directly....nor is it a failure by the ordinary fan in the street to grasp the complexities or realisation of the global recession....its about the shameful waste of resources and money at our club which is epitomised by the ridiculous transfer policy of our manager during the summer.

Its about us continuing to make the same mistakes time after leaving us with dross which we cant move on thus having to sell decent players to make up the losses. Perhaps instead of being threatened by the points in the campaign SDM ought to ask himself if any of them have true substance and if so - how to rectify these problems so that they are not repeated.

Of course fans on websites were once again targetted in his statement. Its a sad state of affairs when Rangers forums are the only ones asking searching questions about why we are in this financial mess. This is probably the one and only time ever that I felt a press assassination of the current workings of our club would be justified. But it wont happen...and we all know why.

But before our "Captain" goes off running to fire another broadside via his press patrol boats....can I add another point to the We Deserve Better charter....

Rangers are far more important than the ego of any man.

Great article.

It's a shame 'D'Artagnan isn't the man leading one of the voiced supporters clubs such as the RST as I feel we'd get a lot further if that were the case.

SDM DOES interact with the fans assemblies. His bullish comments are probably down to the fact the campaign is RST led and he simply wont entertain them due to their association with FF (tu)

YN

FF have 31,000 members. Thats more members than the party currently running our government.

Its not for him to pick and chose who he interacts with - that only leads to a feeling of a lack of representation.

Is his ego so big that he cannot interact with those who may be critical of him ?

Or is it easier to surround himself with "yes" men and those who will tell him what he wants to hear ?

SDM DOES interact with the fans assemblies. His bullish comments are probably down to the fact the campaign is RST led and he simply wont entertain them due to their association with FF (tu)

YN

FF have 31,000 members. Thats more members than the party currently running our government.

Its not for him to pick and chose who he interacts with - that only leads to a feeling of a lack of representation.

Is his ego so big that he cannot interact with those who may be critical of him ?

Or is it easier to surround himself with "yes" men and those who will tell him what he wants to hear ?

31,000 members

20,000 banned for being "Timposters" to return when: Never

5,000 also a member of Republican Minded

Of course its for him to pick and choose who he deals with. "some" peoples opinions are not worth considering (tu)

Guest therabbitt
Missed this earlier on, adding to the main site now D'Art (tu)

Your going to have to start PMing me whenever you write something that you know I am going to publish. :thumbup:

You news and article whore :pipe:

Touch my face

Guest therabbitt

YN

31,000 members

20,000 banned for being "Timposters" to return when: Never

5,000 also a member of Republican Minded

Of course its for him to pick and choose who he deals with. "some" peoples opinions are not worth considering (tu)

Lets not get involved in a slanging match lads about forums.

The article is too good to let something like that cloud the discussion of it here.

Really?

I'm a member of the RSA and I have never ever had any communication from him or about him through the RSA.

In fact I only know I am in the RSA because, well, somebody told me how it works.

For SDM to dismiss FF (if he does) shows his contempt for the fans, it is by far the biggest internet resource for Rangers Fans.

PS Great analysis of his statement D'Art.

Really?

I'm a member of the RSA and I have never ever had any communication from him or about him through the RSA.

In fact I only know I am in the RSA because, well, somebody told me how it works.

For SDM to dismiss FF (if he does) shows his contempt for the fans, it is by far the biggest internet resource for Rangers Fans.

Well you should complain to the RSA then as they have an AGM as well as regular meetings with him. I suppose its his fault that the RSA dont tell all their members as well (tu)

SDM should dismiss FF. It is a cesspit of rancid tripe, some of which it has to be said is Timmy driven. Their are "some" really good posters on the site, but the majority are not im afraid.

Guest therabbitt

Really?

For now....

Guest therabbitt
Oops, sorry rab :blush:

Oops, me too :blush:

:lol:

Ha Ha - you guys are grand (as sarcastic as your blushes may be), I just wouldn't want this to become a "FF is this"...."RM is this" thread...

I don,t imagine for one minute that SDM is the slightest bit interested in anything I write but here goes.

We might not be financial experts Sir David, but neither are we completely stupid.

I agree that you are the best man to lead us through these difficult financial storms but finance is only part of your problem. Your real problem with the supporters started when you cowardly failed to support Donald Findlay.

Football wise, it won,t take much to beat Celtic ON the field, but OFF the field we,re like lambs to the slaughter. Get Donald Findlay back and the morale at Ibrox will go up 100%.

We.ll still be skint but we.ll have started the fightback.

Well you should complain to the RSA then as they have an AGM as well as regular meetings with him. I suppose its his fault that the RSA dont tell all their members as well

And so who goes to these meetings from the RSA ? Who decides the agenda ? Are minutes of the meetings circulated ?

Well you should complain to the RSA then as they have an AGM as well as regular meetings with him. I suppose its his fault that the RSA dont tell all their members as well

And so who goes to these meetings from the RSA ? Who decides the agenda ? Are minutes of the meetings circulated ?

Their AGM is certainly minuted, documented and distributed, not least through the media.

Why dont you ask them yourself ? Instead of making your mind up on the basis of one groups "dissident" campaign, why not investigate and write a counter piece on it.

This isnt meant as having a pop at you by the way because i enjoy reading your articles, i just feel that far too many online fans fall into the "have a pop at SDM" category, some of which based on foundations with zilcho truth. (tu)