***Pre Match Analysis***

nvager

Rangers vs Falkirk at Ibrox Stadium, Saturday 17th January, 2009. Kick-Off 3:00 PM

After a Scottish Cup tie last Tuesday, we find ourselves back to bread and butter SPL football. It is vital we beat Falkirk on Saturday as we trail five points behind Celtic at the top of the table. We have 46 points from 21 games compared to their 51 points from the same number of games. We do however have a better Goal Difference of +31 compared to their +27. Falkirk lie second bottom in the SPL with 18 points and a goal difference of -9.

As Celtic travel to Aberdeen on Sunday this is a chance to close the gap to two points by beating Falkirk. We must surely win this game.

The team by and large almost picks itself. Is it likely to be the same team that played against St. Johnstone? Probably. I do not forsee any changes, but with Walter you never know.

That team was: McGregor, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Naismith, Miller and Boyd.

I would like to see Aaron and Fleck in midfield and Naismith and Boyd up front. That would mean dropping Barry Ferguson and pushing Naismith up front. This is not likely to happen. More likely is Lee McCulloch starting in lieu of Naismith.

Well like most other Bears I am expecting a solid victory come Saturday and will be surprised if we do not achieve this.

I predict the score to be Rangers 4 - 0 Falkirk.