Danny

Bougherra  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of him

• Fantastic defender - well worth the money
    • Pretty decent, but prone to the occasional lapse
    • Average - seen better and nothing special
    • Poor - totally overhyped and not a patch on the Boumsongs or Cuellars

Decent player but as CB says he seems to struggle in the air for such a big chap. The other week in Perth he struggled badly against Derek Holmes, yes Derek Holmes.

Big game for him tomorrow against an in-form Lee Miller.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're a much poorer team without him

What's this myth actually based on anyway?

It's not a myth really, did you see the Old Firm game?

Woeful distribution from the back and generally noone coming out from deep to win the aerial battles. That's without going into Broadfoot's comical defending for the goal.

The defence and team as a whole struggle when Bougherra is out, Davie Weir doesn't look as comfortable.

In the 20 games with Bougherra we have lost 2 and drawn 3.

In the 7 without him we have lost 2 and drawn 2.

Woeful distribution from the back and generally noone coming out from deep to win the aerial battles. That's without going into Broadfoot's comical defending for the goal.

As opposed to Bougherra's brilliant positional sense numerous times plus inability to beat any fucker in the air, right?

Bougherra's produced 'comical defending' as much as anyone else. But he often seems to get away with serious criticism.

Every point you just made isn't rectified by Bougherra's presence.

The defence and team as a whole struggle when Bougherra is out, Davie Weir doesn't look as comfortable.

In the 20 games with Bougherra we have lost 2 and drawn 3.

In the 7 without him we have lost 2 and drawn 2.

What did you just prove exactly? Because I'm not seeing anything there :lol:

We'll see how he handles Lee Miller and Darren Mackie tomorrow - big test for him.

If he couldn't handle Andrew Driver I am really baffled as to how he can nullify those two.

But if he has a good game and controls them well then I will hold my hands up on this occasion and say 'yes, he can actually do it now and again ;)'.

Cuellar still made mistakes.

In the second half of last season? The only bad games I ever remember from him were RSB away and Hearts at Tynecastle. I seriously don't remember him making any major goofs outwith that.

Cuellar still made mistakes.

In the second half of last season? The only bad games I ever remember from him were RSB away and Hearts at Tynecastle. I seriously don't remember him making any major goofs outwith that.

He scored a pretty amazing own goal at Tannadice.

Ah yeah, good point, I remember that one. That was a horker that was.

As opposed to Bougherra's brilliant positional sense numerous times plus inability to beat any fucker in the air, right?

Bougherra's produced 'comical defending' as much as anyone else. But he often seems to get away with serious criticism.

Every point you just made isn't rectified by Bougherra's presence.

You don't think the distribution from the back suffers without him? You don't think his pace gets us out of a lot of holes? When Broadfoot came in for him, we looked a poorer side, it's that simple for me.

Bougherra may not be Nemanja Vidic in the aerial stakes, but he's nowhere near as bad in the air as you make him out to be.

You don't think the distribution from the back suffers without him? You don't think his pace gets us out of a lot of holes? When Broadfoot came in for him, we looked a poorer side, it's that simple for me.

I would say Bougherra is a marginally better defender than Broadfoot, but I also think Webster is too.

Bougherra may not be Nemanja Vidic in the aerial stakes, but he's nowhere near as bad in the air as you make him out to be.

He is. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Watch him closely when he goes for the aerial duels tomorrow. See how many he wins.

Bougherra must be awful then, if he's only marginally better than Kirk Broadfoot.

In my opinion he's slightly above awful and bordering on average.

I'm sure he's a very nice chap, and I have no problem with him personally, but I just feel he's one of the most overated players we've had for years.