Danny

Bougherra  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of him

• Fantastic defender - well worth the money
    • Pretty decent, but prone to the occasional lapse
    • Average - seen better and nothing special
    • Poor - totally overhyped and not a patch on the Boumsongs or Cuellars

A wee bit of the first and second choices. Fantstic footballer,easily well worth the money,but being prone to lapses is kind of worrying. :(

I would go along with the vast majority in that he is usually very good but can have an off day too.

I got the impression Danny you did not like him. So are you in the vast minority yet again? (Buffel revisited?) :D :D :D :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wee bit of the first and second choices. Fantstic footballer,easily well worth the money,but being prone to lapses is kind of worrying. :(

I would go along with the vast majority in that he is usually very good but can have an off day too.

I got the impression Danny you did not like him. So are you in the vast minority yet again? (Buffel revisited?) :D :D :D :D

I think he's a midfielder who's playing out of position tbh.

He's very skillful on the ball, has pace, and good mobility.

As a defender he gets caught out of position constantly, is regularly beaten in the air, and his presence is not a strong one.

He's cost us several goals this year.

He's a decent defender, but a very good footballer. His pace gives us a great advantage, especially with Weir to compensate for, but his concentration and risk-taking can be questionable at times. He isn't the best in the air either.

We need a big dominant centre half to partner him.

As a defender he gets caught out of position constantly, is regularly beaten in the air, and his presence is not a strong one.

I posted a few weeks back,that I would love to see Bougherra play in the mid-field,and was shot down big time. :(

I posted a few weeks back,that I would love to see Bougherra play in the mid-field,and was shot down big time. :(

I can see that PB and Danny. Maybe a great def mid. Just wonder who the two CHs would be? Broadfoot and Webster?

voted fantastic, however good is more accurate, and he is well worth the money paid. I think his composure on the ball and distribution are a major part in us playing more attacking football than last year, along with his pace allowing us to play a higher defensive line.

He's our best defender and the back line is weaker without him. But he is more prone to mistakes than some past centre backs so if we were to sell him and then replace him as well as bringing in a good replacement for Weir i'd be happy, but we all know that won't happen. If Bougherra leaves Broadfoot and Weir will be our centre back pairing for the rest of the season.

I just wanted to poll the board for an overall opinion of of our Algerian defender.

Is he a spectacular defender, merely decent, or not very good at all.

Curious about opinion on him :)

I went for fantastic but to be honest I would have him inbetween fantastic and decent.

He is very quick for a CB, strong, good in the tackle and excellent with the ball.

I feel he isn't as strong in the air as other CB's but think he's been a great signing for us.

I would have loved a CB partnership of Bougherra and Cueller. Ones a no nonsense defender who's strong in the air and the other is a quick footballing CB.

I just hope we keep Bougherra and sign a dominant CB to play with him!

With a spare 1M. we could have Strazil [sp] would like to see that.

I just wanted to poll the board for an overall opinion of of our Algerian defender.

Is he a spectacular defender, merely decent, or not very good at all.

Curious about opinion on him :)

Had to vote pretty decent. Liked him at Sheff Weds, plus, he does give us the Amoruso excitement when he forgets he is a CB and moves forward

I want a central defender to win most if not all of the clearing headers he goes for - heading ability and pace are the two most obvious attributes to a central defenders game.

Bougherra has pace, no doubt, but I've seen Scottish Junior Football central defenders who could out-jump him for a ball in the air.

He's average, not crap, just average.

He's our best defender and the back line is weaker without him. But he is more prone to mistakes than some past centre backs so if we were to sell him and then replace him as well as bringing in a good replacement for Weir i'd be happy, but we all know that won't happen. If Bougherra leaves Broadfoot and Weir will be our centre back pairing for the rest of the season.

Oh-my-God!!

I've just shat on the carpet.