Danny

Bougherra  

302 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of him

• Fantastic defender - well worth the money
    • Pretty decent, but prone to the occasional lapse
    • Average - seen better and nothing special
    • Poor - totally overhyped and not a patch on the Boumsongs or Cuellars

I just wanted to poll the board for an overall opinion of of our Algerian defender.

Is he a spectacular defender, merely decent, or not very good at all.

Curious about opinion on him :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to poll the board for an overall opinion of of our Algerian defender.

Is he a spectacular defender, merely decent, or not very good at all.

Curious about opinion on him :)

I went for fantastic but to be honest I would have him inbetween fantastic and decent.

He is very quick for a CB, strong, good in the tackle and excellent with the ball.

I feel he isn't as strong in the air as other CB's but think he's been a great signing for us.

I would have loved a CB partnership of Bougherra and Cueller. Ones a no nonsense defender who's strong in the air and the other is a quick footballing CB.

I just hope we keep Bougherra and sign a dominant CB to play with him!

I made up my own option - a good defender but prone to the occasional lapse.

I think if we lose him in January and don't replace him then we are in trouble.

Davie Weir struggles without Madjid Bougherra!

None of the choices are appropriate yet, to early and the jury is still out. Very athletic, got a lot to learn yet as lovells goal proved. If he is for the off fair enough get a few bob for him as he far from the finished article and bring in a seasoned campaigner for the run in. But I hope he stays this war coming up will make a man of him. :sherlock:

I agree he is no world beater...but the prospect of having a back 4 of Whittaker-Broadfoot-Weir-Papac, means he is indispensible to our side at this moment in time.

Good on the ball, decent in the air, a good signing since he came IMO.

His positional sense has been suspect recently a number of the goals we ghave conceded (including the last one from Falkirk) looked like fault. Great going forward but the first thing a defender needs is to be able to defend correctly. He is no Cuellar.However its his first season with us, you can see his potential and I think on the whole we have a good one there if he cuts out the defensive lapses.

His positional sense has been suspect recently a number of the goals we ghave conceded (including the last one from Falkirk) looked like fault. Great going forward but the first thing a defender needs is to be able to defend correctly. He is no Cuellar.However its his first season with us, you can see his potential and I think on the whole we have a good one there if he cuts out the defensive lapses.

He's 26.

He's 26.

The higer level you play the more potential you can have to reach, at any age.....

He's 26.

I know - (Looking at Weir that means he still has at least 10 years ahead of him!!) I think playing for Rangers is a step up for him and he has yet to fully adjust - look at Thomson OK (ish) first season and then came onto a game - so we will see. As I said if he concentrates on defending and gets it right we have a righ good one there BUt I dont really care how good he is going forward if he doesnt sort that.

I went for pretty decent. He's definitely our best defender and I feel a lot better with him in the team. He's quick, strong and good on the ball, well worth the money we paid for him.