Birmingham target new striker

Haha Carlos Costly, Big Eck is writing his own managerial obituary by signing a guy with a name like that.

It's almost like giving the journalists a blank cheque.

Classic McLeish.

Haha Carlos Costly, Big Eck is writing his own managerial obituary by signing a guy with a name like that.

It's almost like giving the journalists a blank cheque.

Classic McLeish.

Better than Sheidt though :P

Another obscure South American signing from McLeish then. I swear he has some strange confidant over there.

We all know about Nieto, but i remember the time we were in the hunt for a new striker a few years back and the usual Robbie Fowler/John Carew/Alan Smith names were doing the rounds. It was to everyone's surprise when pics of Eck watching the then unknown Luciano Figueroa at La Bombonera turned up in Mondays tabloids..

Another obscure South American signing from McLeish then. I swear he has some strange confidant over there.

We all know about Nieto, but i remember the time we were in the hunt for a new striker a few years back and the usual Robbie Fowler/John Carew/Alan Smith names were doing the rounds. It was to everyone's surprise when pics of Eck watching the then unknown Luciano Figueroa at La Bombonera turned up in Mondays tabloids..

He would have been pretty decent for us.

Pity it all went tits up.

I'm sure that, in an odd twist of fate, Figueroa did actually turn up at Birmingham following the breakdown in his Gers transfer.

I'm sure that, in an odd twist of fate, Figueroa did actually turn up at Birmingham following the breakdown in his Gers transfer.

Wasn't it Bain that completely destroyed it? I remember Figueroa's agent said that he was the most amateurish director he ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

He'd probably have scored goals in the SPL. It went sour for him at Birmingham due to injuries and the player himself just not being ready for that level.

He scored 5 against Boca Juniors and the European press went into hype overdrive with him. Of course, they chose to ignore the fact that it was basically a Boca Juniors B side he scored the goals against as they rested their entire first team squad in said match.

This is true, he went there and managed a single appearance before they annulled his contract. He's actually on loan at Boca Juniors at the moment.