Ticket Prices

Imodium

I was in Barcelona at the weekend and reps were selling tickets for the Barca vs Numancia match for 18 Euro which more or less equates to £18. 18 quid to see the likes of Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta etc. is good value for money in my opinion. Was also chatting to a guy who's son works in Milan. He has a season ticket for Inter which costs 290 Euro and he also travels over for the Rangers games. His season ticket for Ibrox a mere £560.

I don't understand how the club can justify charging top dollar to watch a fairly average team play against less than average opponents. It will be interesting to see the season ticket uptake in the Summer considering the current economic climate, vast job losses etc. Most folk who attend the games are Rangers through and through but there comes a point where some will have to consider if they can part with almost £500 to watch their team. What worries me is that the "powers that be" will not consider the fans financial predicament and will be more interested in their own.

This, in my opinion, will almost certainly come back to hit the club smack in the face and will cue a hair brained reduction in price scheme to make up the short fall whilst pissing off the folk who paid top dollar from the start. This already happens to an extent with the half price season ticket where each game works out considerably cheaper than it does for the full price ticket on a single game basis. Many folk I have spoken to feel rather peeved at this - they feel that their loyalty is being taken for granted.

Do you see the club making an attempt to entice fans with a reasonable reduction on adult season book prices for next season? Will the club consider the fans financial predicament?

No season ticket prices might come down a little nothing mayjor but.

I think they will stay the same price as they were this season.

Would you accept that though? If the club are downsizing in terms of transfer targets, players wages etc, do you not feel that the every day working man and woman are entitled to have their financial input taken down a bit?

Of topic: The Bourne Identity is on ITV2 right now - very good film, watch it if you have nothing better to do!

Would you accept that though? If the club are downsizing in terms of transfer targets, players wages etc, do you not feel that the every day working man and woman are entitled to have their financial input taken down a bit?

Of topic: The Bourne Identity is on ITV2 right now - very good film, watch it if you have nothing better to do!

Not happy about it but if they stay the same price I will still get mines.

Was thinking about just getting ticket to all the games but quickly snapped out if that idea .

You make great points, Imodium. Hard to believe that you could be in the San Siro every other week cheaper than watching Big Lee McCulloch clumping around versus Dunfermline or ICT.

Sadly, though, there is very little chance of reduction for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, fans have continued to buy season tickets for Ibrox in great numbers even now when we have only one two SPLs in ten years and even in the early 90's when the economy tanked. Murray is reactive, not proactive. When sales plummet, he'll step in instead of creating some good will early on.

Second, we are bleeding money and Murray's attention will be on the short-term bottom line instead of building long-term revenue opportunities.

Guest Andypendek

The SPL jumped enthusiastically onto the gentrification of the game as seen down south - the only problem is, there isn't the same middle class, wives and daughters going to the game culture in to fill the outpriced 'traditional' fan. It just flies in the face of all common sense to charge the prices Scottish clubs do, not just the OF - I mean, nigh on 20 quid to get into Love Street, to see Saints play Hamilton? Come on! I wouldn't give you a tenner for that!

The SPL jumped enthusiastically onto the gentrification of the game as seen down south - the only problem is, there isn't the same middle class, wives and daughters going to the game culture in to fill the outpriced 'traditional' fan. It just flies in the face of all common sense to charge the prices Scottish clubs do, not just the OF - I mean, nigh on 20 quid to get into Love Street, to see Saints play Hamilton? Come on! I wouldn't give you a tenner for that!

That's a good point. Im from Paisley and my pal is a Saints fan, I was going to go to one of their League Cup matches a couple of years ago and it was something like £18. He was quickly told to forget about it.

It's not as if the family tickets are making much of a saving for everday families as you say. On average it's your everyday working class man that goes to the game. We don't have as much expandable income as the club think IMO and I can just see us and the rest of the SPL teams getting into further trouble if the current pricing scheme continues.

the prices r ridiculous. have been for years. no way will they come down dramatically. for example, i dont go to every home match, but this weekend i am going to the DU game with wife and son, and it costing £64 for top of club deck. also my son is in the young supporters club, and has been for years. u pay a one off fee every year, and that got u amongst certain things free entry into spl games outwith celtic and aberdeen, along with a paying adult, and could sit in club deck or broomloan. then it was celtic,dons and hearts, then these three and only broomloan, and now it only certain games they deem not going to b a sell out, (i think it now what the spl would classify bottom six) also in broomloan, so they definately putting the squeeze on. yes we have benefitted out of it, but our prices(adults) have been going up every year, whilst product dwindling.

on another note i have mentioned this before, but my bro-in-law stays in the ukraine, and has taken to following dynamo kiev, and his season book costs £40, with his CL games this year at a £10 a game.

yes a poorer couintry, but i think prices r of good value.

lastly, i follow my local teram on occasions, (stenhousemuir) and go to some away games with my father in law who is a mad stenie man, and recently went down to berwick, and it was a £10 a man at the gate. compare that to as u say 18 euros for barca, wel who is screwing who eh!

Back to the Ukraine they think they will be getting ripped off as they earn pennies.

As for a tenner for a third divison game and the barca game.

Barca get millions of TV money but Stenhousemuir need all the cash they can get

Back to the Ukraine they think they will be getting ripped off as they earn pennies.

As for a tenner for a third divison game and the barca game.

Barca get millions of TV money but Stenhousemuir need all the cash they can get

i can agree on some points, but my bro-in-law used to stay in barca, and also worked for them before moving to ukraine(he a language teacher, and done some translating) and he says that in spain, they charge tickets on quality of opposition, ie mega cash for real, and then getting cheaper by standard of teams they playing. i have been to over 10 home matches this season, and for the three of us i have forked out over 700 bangers, so in theory if i went to all home games(outwith timmy) i would be looking at in the region of 13-1400 hundred nicker, a lot of cash for a sub standard product. i personally dont have a greivance paying a £10 for stenie, as at least i watching guys who play for the love of the game, and it only up the road. i can only talk from these forums regarding away games, as i not been since i was a teenager, but i get the impression these guys get fleeced most weeks.

i just think for a better product, on the continent u pay a fairer price.

Again Agree we are paying to much and you could get season tickets in the Family Section for £700 for all 3 of you.

Your right on the barca thing as i was going to go to the real betis game untill my gran died and it was 28 euro each.

Children's tickets might come down in price but adults will definitely be the same price if not dearer.

Read in the paper a year or two ago, it was more expensive for a Wigan season ticket than a Barcelona one

Spurs are freezing their season ticket prices for the next 2 years I think it is to help/thank their fans, if only SDM would do the same for us? or will we see another hike?

I have a mate who is a season ticket at AC Milan, and he pays 80Euros for the season. Disgraceful when you consider how much we pay in Scotland.

EDIT- I was gonna say in Britain, but I dont think I would be too bothered bout the prices if we were watching a half decent game of futba