20 years of Old Firm finals

Steakbake

Read on another thread that we haven't lost to the mhanks in a cup final since Joe Miller(Robbo's gonnae do you!) in the 1989 Scottish Cup Final.

Didn't realise that we have only played them 4 times since then.

90/91 LCF Won 2-1 Walters,Gough.

98/99 SCF Won 1-0 Wallace Treble Clincher.

01/02 SCF Won 3-2 Lovenkrands 2,Ferguson.

02/03 LCF Won 2-1 Caniggia,Lovenkrands. Fat boy Hartson missed penalty.

Although it was very sweet to clinch the treble against them(not much of a game),my favourite was Pistol Pete's last minute winner in 2002 on a 'happy and glorious' sunny day and the cool beers afterwards.

Bring back memories bears??

Read on another thread that we haven't lost to the mhanks in a cup final since Joe Miller(Robbo's gonnae do you!) in the 1989 Scottish Cup Final.

Although it was very sweet to clinch the treble against them(not much of a game),my favourite was Pistol Pete's last minute winner in 2002 on a 'happy and glorious' sunny day and the cool beers afterwards.

I've been to them all apart from the first one and I'm struggling to decide which was better!

A treble.

An injury time goal.

An injury time penalty miss.

Cracking days at Hampden.

I've been to them all apart from the first one and I'm struggling to decide which was better!

A treble.

An injury time goal.

Long may it continue GOAT.

02/03... Did we not get a blatantly offside goal as well :mutley:

Suspect i would say but the afore mentioned Joe Miller's goal should never have stood-it was our throw-in.

Hartson scored a goal that was CLEARLY about 3 yards onside and it got ruled offside :lol: oh how i laughed!

i used to have a picture on my old computer but cant find it anywere on the net :(

Hartson scored a goal that was CLEARLY about 3 yards onside and it got ruled offside :lol: oh how i laughed!

i used to have a picture on my old computer but cant find it anywere on the net :(

Aye that's the one, I got mixed up :blush:

Suspect i would say but the afore mentioned Joe Miller's goal should never have stood-it was our throw-in.

Also remember Butcher getting a good goal chalked off with 5mins to go by that tim ref Bob Vallentine his last game and boy did he help them that day.

Hartson scored a goal that was CLEARLY about 3 yards onside and it got ruled offside :lol: oh how i laughed!i used to have a picture on my old computer but cant find it anywere on the net :(

Who's the Mason in the black haha!!

aye, but at the time it looked a mile offside :craphead:

to me every old firm game is like a cup final, however there was something special that day when lovenkrands put them to the sword (again)

also that 2-1 game where fatty missed a penalty, he was diving about all day looking for one, then the one which was a stonewaller wasn't given his face was like thunder. (brilliant)

The Lovenkrands cup final was so stereotypical of the early O'Neill v McLeish era.

Big Red tried to play all the football with, what essentially was, Advocaat's team while MON just pumped the ball up to Hartson and Balde from freekicks.

A treble.

An injury time goal.

And Gough's winner was in extra time as well. My first OF cup final that one. What a night we had after that!!