i have to laugh at walter

minstral

One thing that annoys me is the constant harping back to the Kaunas game.

The players tha were on the park those nights should have been more than capable of beating that Lithuanian pub team .. end of.

Hingsight is ALWAYS 20-20 and everyone is an expert AFTER the result .... "we should've done this" ... "he should've picked him" etc etc

You can certainly blame WS for some tactics during the game but my target has always been the players, they underperformed but eveyone just aims for the easy target.

(tu)

I don't think anyone has really tried to defend Smith at all, although you mention you blame the players more, as do I.

However the constant bitching about the result will get us nowhere. He made a mistake and has taken responsibility. He's recognised that coming 2nd this season is not an option.

We could maybe get to the end of the season with a Treble...And yet people will still be running their mouth about how he fucked up in Europe.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defence of WS - Alex Ferguson says that only about 50% of signings, no matter who you are work. Also everyone quotes how MUCH WS has lost but never any credit for the money generated (Buying in someone who doesn't work out - he is called a failure. Selling someone for way above what we paid - he is called a failure.) I know it is only human nature to 'forget' facts to prove a point but that is the problem on here - you have to take a stance in a corner - for or against WS/SDM/Fergie?Boyd et. ad infinitum!

look at Smith aInd think who in the market could we get who would be better and in MY OPINION there is no one so I say back him,

Agreed, my sentiments exactly.

In defence of WS - Alex Ferguson says that only about 50% of signings, no matter who you are work. Also everyone quotes how MUCH WS has lost but never any credit for the money generated (Buying in someone who doesn't work out - he is called a failure. Selling someone for way above what we paid - he is called a failure.) I know it is only human nature to 'forget' facts to prove a point but that is the problem on here - you have to take a stance in a corner - for or against WS/SDM/Fergie?Boyd et. ad infinitum!

look at Smith aInd think who in the market could we get who would be better and in MY OPINION there is no one so I say back him,

Agreed, my sentiments exactly.

he will be backed until the end of the season, but he has no excuses if he cant win the title against one of the poorest celtic teams that we have seen.

he said last nights game has made him hungry for a european run. he should remember that we could still be in europe, but him and our players could not beat hearts reserves so stop talking pish walter as you have only yourself to blame. i am starting to fear for walter with some of the statements he is coming out with.

Smith is a dik. He should walk the plank the now, before he loses us another league to a shit timmy team. (tu)

he said last nights game has made him hungry for a european run. he should remember that we could still be in europe, but him and our players could not beat hearts reserves so stop talking pish walter as you have only yourself to blame. i am starting to fear for walter with some of the statements he is coming out with.

Smith is a dik. He should walk the plank the now, before he loses us another league to a shit timmy team. (tu)

:rolleyes:

I wouldn`t like to have friends like some of you guys. Some people have no loyalty and are happy just to criticise or personally attack someone, they cant accept a mistake and move on.

It is through trying times that people become stronger not being stabbed in the back.

Let's see where we are come the end of the season.

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

Some people need to remember this and act upon it, instead of spouting personal insults against a Rangers manager.

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

Some people need to remember this and act upon it, instead of spouting personal insults against a Rangers manager.

(tu)

Let's remember Walter is one of us and has brought us sucess in the past and is trying to achieve it for us again.

He makes mistakes, we all do. Get over it and move on.

Where do we get the money to pay him off and get a new manager?

Who would take the job and do a better one?

Go on, enlighten us.